Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Earths Essence

Just decided to make an account, but check this site religiously. I am the proud owner of a Cherry PD, but lately have been doing some research on THC, CBD, CBN, and so forth. My question to everyone is, is the PD only getting a few of those CBD's and CBN's, etc because of the lower fixed-temp? I ask this because I feel as if we need all of the components to experience a true cannabis high. I dont think we always want solely a THC high, which I feel the PD gives the user. Please input!

Earths Essence,

lwien

I've had a Cherry PD for over two years, and by the looks of the ABV, mine is not operating in the lower vape temp ranges but rather in the higher ranges, a very uniform very, very dark brown.

lwien,

Nycdeisel

Theres not one vape that can do everything. The whole design of the PD incorporates the fixed temp as one of its main features, since many vaporizers do have variable temp settings. However, I am also aware that the the PD gets warmer over time.
The PD does what it does very well, and I love mine, I have been using it non stop since I got it. I too was used to getting larger, hotter, thicker, hits, but I have made the adjustment just fine, and now I find my effects are more strain dependent, and Im looking forward to one day noticing how much hotter my unit has become.

If your really looking for those higher temp cannabinoids, I reccomend that you look into something that is made to produce hotter vapor.

Nycdeisel,

Earths Essence

Im not complaining about the PD, it is mt everyday work horse. my question was more about THC vs THC+CBD etc. I know what the capabilities of the PD are, I should have noted that my PD is running on slightly weaker alc adapter than the original, which is resulting in my lower temp vaped herb.

Earths Essence,

lwien

Earths Essence said:
Im not complaining about the PD, it is mt everyday work horse. my question was more about THC vs THC+CBD etc. I know what the capabilities of the PD are, I should have noted that my PD is running on slightly weaker alc adapter than the original, which is resulting in my lower temp vaped herb.

Ah....gottcha.

Yeah, I'm going to assume, by the look of the ABV, that my PD is operating at about 385 to 390f, which is in the upper range of their specs. When I had the Ion, I tried going up to the 400 range, but while I may have gotten a bit more of a compliment of CBN/CBD's, it sure wasn't worth it to me in the taste and the harsher vapor. You start getting the toxic shit up in those ranges like benzine and carbon monoxide, etc, and while it may not bother those that smoke cigs, for me, it kinda ruins the whole vaping experience. My feeling is that if I was going to go that high, I may as well go back to combustion. Just my :2c: .

lwien,

Earths Essence

lwien said:
Earths Essence said:

Ah....gottcha.

Yeah, I'm going to assume, by the look of the ABV, that my PD is operating at about 385 to 390f, which is in the upper range of their specs. When I had the Ion, I tried going up to the 400 range, but while I may have gotten a bit more of a compliment of CBN/CBD's, it sure wasn't worth it to me in the taste and the harsher vapor. You start getting the toxic shit up in those ranges like benzine and carbon monoxide, etc, and while it may not bother those that smoke cigs, for me, it kinda ruins the whole vaping experience. My feeling is that if I was going to go that high, I may as well go back to combustion. Just my :2c: .

I see what you're saying 100%. My question stemmed from the research done on some BBC show or something....I'm sure you've all seen it. I won't post it here because then that would be going way too off topic.

Anyway, the PD is one of the best all around vapes, and THE best when it comes to efficiency.

Lwien, I've seen that you said hot water PD b-loads are great...I have been trying this every day for the last week. Though it gets me high, i feel that the PD is weaker through water?! Am I crazy? What could I be doing wrong?

Earths Essence,

lwien

Earths Essence said:
I see what you're saying 100%. My question stemmed from the research done on some BBC show or something....I'm sure you've all seen it. I won't post it here because then that would be going way too off topic.

Yeah, I saw it, where they were giving that lady injections of pure THC versus injections of pure CBD/CBN's. Very informative and a bit entertaining as well.

Earths Essence said:
Lwien, I've seen that you said hot water PD b-loads are great...I have been trying this every day for the last week. Though it gets me high, i feel that the PD is weaker through water?! Am I crazy? What could I be doing wrong?

Man, I have no idea. I don't find it weaker at all, but you said that you're PD is running cooler because you are using a weaker ac adapter than what came stock with the vape. That may be it.

lwien,

lwien

DarthVaker said:
Why does purple days and woodeez look about exactly the same?

Gotta throw the Eterra, Aromazap and Myrtlezap in that mix.

The Eterra begat the Aromazap/Mytrtezap which begat the Purple Days which begat illegitimate twin sons, the Woodez and the Perfect Days. While one of the sons is working really hard to get his life together with some success, the other has just wallowed in self pity and self abuse and is no longer even considered.................alive. ;)

lwien,

DarthVaker

lwien said:
DarthVaker said:
Why does purple days and woodeez look about exactly the same?

Gotta throw the Eterra, Aromazap and Myrtlezap in that mix.

The Eterra begat the Aromazap/Mytrtezap which begat the Purple Days which begat illegitimate twin sons, the Woodez and the Perfect Days. While one of the sons is working really hard to get his life together with some success, the other has just wallowed in self pity and self abuse and is no longer even considered.................alive. ;)

That reply was so unexpected. this is deeper than meets the eye...

DarthVaker,

LaunchBox420

Quinton
Hey Tom I was wondering if you could tell me if any of those PD that shipped before christmas was to Peterborough Canada?

LaunchBox420,

shantytown007

lwien said:

That was a beautifully succinct history. Hadn't heard of the Eterra before, thanks for the heads up.

shantytown007,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Oh is that what you thought? Cuz I was thinking that once you saw my sig you decided to shove the stick further up your ass. My bad, oh well...

In this particular case, Tom was simply trying to help, and didn't want you to purchase something that wouldn't work for the product you own. I think your comment was unjustified, did i miss something? Simply not a good way to treat people my :2c:

On more thread related note i have been sick as hell the last couple of days. The sickest i remember being in a long time. Tuesday, i didn't vape at all. The only way i was able to get through the last couple of days is through some stems from my ash PD which runs a little lower in temp then my walnut, cherry, and maple. Thanks Pammy and Tom, you are life savers. hope all is well.

IAmKrazy2,

Greeney

Three weeks and counting! Can't wait to get my PD, Pammy and Tom have been great throughout the whole wait! Great people, great product cant wait to vape with it.

Greeney,

Brother Brigham

King, Priest and Ruler over Israel on Earth
Earths Essence said:

lwien said:
Man, I have no idea. I don't find it weaker at all, but you said that you're PD is running cooler because you are using a weaker ac adapter than what came stock with the vape. That may be it.

I experience the PD differently when I use a hot water setup...for me, it isn't necessarily weaker, it is a more heady high...harder to notice then the body crushing couch-lock type of high. I also end up pulling faster and then not cooking the higher temp components (I am ok with this since I cook with my ABV). Lately I have gone back to SLOWLY sucking back (milkshake method) without any water filtration and I have been getting more distance out of my loads.

Foe me it is a win/win:
Hot water setup = easy toke and stronger edibles :)
Regular setup= harsher toke and more vapor extraction :)

BTW, eagerly awaiting the holiday contest wining announcement today!
Your personal prophet, seer, and revelator,
Brother Brigham

Brother Brigham,

natural_healing

I own a mflb but i dont really like charging the batteries. its good for portability but i really want a home vape that produces bigger hits. i have been eyeing the PD for a while now. i like the car adapter, small bowl, and efficiency. i am thinking of ordering one. does it still take a long time to deliver? and is this vaporizer better than the other ones like the myrtlezap?

natural_healing,

lwien

natural_healing said:
I own a mflb but i dont really like charging the batteries. its good for portability but i really want a home vape that produces bigger hits. i have been eyeing the PD for a while now. i like the car adapter, small bowl, and efficiency. i am thinking of ordering one. does it still take a long time to deliver? and is this vaporizer better than the other ones like the myrtlezap?

If what you are looking for is a home vape that will provide multiple, back to back, lung ripper hits, you would be better served with a whip based vape.

But...........for a personal vape that provides the utmost in efficiency, ease of use, reliability, ease of cleaning that provides nice medium sized hits through measured dosing, the PD would be hard to beat. For many of us here at FC, the PD is our daily driver, even though many of us own multiple vapes.

Is it better than the other vapes that are designed on the same format? Opinions will vary, but for me.............yes. I like stainless steel better than brass. I like a 3 year warranty better than a 1 year warranty. I like the rounded top of the PD's versus the more squared off flat top of some of the other log style vapes. I like the cleaning bottle and blow bags that they provide. I like the workmanship and...............Tom and Pammy are just great people to deal with.

Does it take a bit longer to get than the other vapes? Yup, but for me, it is well worth the wait.

lwien,

elhoel

im curious, is it really possible to cook with abv stuff?

how do u do it?

also are any more PDs going on sale? the availability thread looks like it hasnt moved in a bit?

waiting list or they're not doin em anymore?

still my favorite thing to use now

elhoel,

Purple-Days

Elhoel, the 'availability' thread became pointless after we (Tom and Pammy) took over all sales.

We are still making product and they (The Original and The Pandora Kit) are on sale everyday at our website. Current lead time is about 4-5 weeks. A big batch went out today, another batch is in production, and the batch behind that is turned etc...

Purple-Days,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Highly recommend the PD and YES... you can certainly cook with the ABV from it. I actually use Everclear to clean the stems and extract goodies from the ABV mostly. After you order the PD...head to the Cooking section :D

Lo,
Top Bottom