Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
I've had my walnut for a few months. While I don't recall exactly how long it took for the wood scent to dissipate, I would not worry about it. It should probably start fading as the days go by.

Deadhead101,

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
I dont ever remember any wood taste. It really wasn't ever a problem at all for me. I never really had to think about it

Deadhead101,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
The wood odor went away very quickly with mine... was not a problem at all.

Lo,

Purple-Days

The post office says today was the last day for packages to deliver by X-mas. So we were wrapped up by noon and all orders through Nov. 17 (one exception) shipped yesterday and today. It was a big push to get as many out as possible. Now back to work through Friday Noon, off till Sunday Morning. Expect limited e-mails Thursday through Sunday. Normal shipments and office hours Monday...

Took a few minutes to edit some of Pammy photos from vacation with her friends.

6i461d.jpg

dmd53n.jpg

2vltj51.jpg

2wf4ht1.jpg

2mer6lh.jpg

Real colors, photoshop for crop and angle adjust only. Nice job Pammy ! :cool:

Purple-Days,

LaunchBox420

Quinton
ok sweet wasnt too worried about the taste or smell was just curious and excited!! Was wondering how many hits people usually get out of each tube load, have heard people say different things...heard some say 2 heard some say 10, was wondering what most people on FC get

LaunchBox420,

neilito

I'm sure this has been reviewed, but what are the dangers of a PD catching fire? Prevailing wisdom states leave it plugged in but paranoia imagines otherwise. Is it perfectly okay to leave a unit unattended? I LOVE my cherry chocolate paisley PD but I don't want to have to worry about it while at work. Any sharings (a word I made up for 'thoughts') ?

neilito,

Purple-Days

The PD runs at about 385F. Paper combusts at 454F ( edit: oops! 451F) according to the book. But the body isn't paper, it's solid hardwood and since the temp isn't variable (we only supply 12 Volt power supplies) the temps remain well below combustion. We run several 24/7 and have since day one. And before that, many have run Eterras (the basic 12V / resistor formula) for years (since the 1978 patent). Just don't modify the unit or use a higher voltage or smother the unit and it will operate normally, at the proper temperature, 24 / 7.

If you want to conserve energy, use a timer.

Purple-Days,

LaunchBox420

Quinton
Hey Tom, did you say that the units you shipped ahould arrive before christmas? I ordered one to Canada, does that still apply or do you predict after the holidays?

LaunchBox420,

Purple-Days

Canada always takes 7-10 days. I know there were several to Canada yesterday and today. US delivery should be 2-3 days, that's what they claim anyway.

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

I musta been thinking engines. Of course 451... and here I am a sci fi fan and even watched the movie within the last year. Bradbry is one of my favorites... oops! 451F it is.

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

Clear Dome may not be making those anymore, not sure.

And I see from your signature that you use a MZ, sorry, the PD stainless steel tips have been reported to not fit the brass MZ. Different materials, different diameters. Just 'cause they look the same doesn't mean they are made the same. :cool: Don't assume it will work for you. And please, don't blame Clear Dome (or me) when it doesn't. CD products are made for use with PDs, and made with PD #304 stainless steel tips. They may or may not fit other products. :2c:

CD has more Stainless tips in the mail from us. Can't wait to see what else he comes up with. Pammy uses two of his tubes every day. Beautiful work, and he just keeps getting better.

Purple-Days,

return2heaven

Purple-Days said:
Clear Dome may not be making those anymore, not sure.

And I see from your signature that you use a MZ, sorry, the PD stainless steel tips have been reported to not fit the brass MZ. Different materials, different diameters. Just 'cause they look the same doesn't mean they are made the same. :cool: Don't assume it will work for you. And please, don't blame Clear Dome (or me) when it doesn't. CD products are made for use with PDs, and made with PD #304 stainless steel tips. They may or may not fit other products. :2c:

CD has more Stainless tips in the mail from us. Can't wait to see what else he comes up with. Pammy uses two of his tubes every day. Beautiful work, and he just keeps getting better.

understood about the different fits. not everyone is out there assuming a PD is an MZ vice versa, my question clearly states "stem for PD". otherwise i would've posted that question in the MZ thread also :cool:. i was asking about that stem for my uncle who has a PD but lately he says that vaping is giving him a sore throat so i thought i would look into getting him a gift for the holidays. does clear dome have a website? tried googling that also but came up with a bunch of sites that had nothing to do with this. anyways, thanks for your time.

return2heaven,

hereatlast

return2heaven: those CD pieces certainly look great. Doesn't seem as if they're available at this moment but I can't speak for him.

In either case, if your uncle is struggling with a sore throat from vaping (hot dry air can be irritating of course) there are other options for water filtration. A very simple 14mm GonG bong/bubbler (I think the Ehle 250mm is a great starting point, so is a simple HVY piece, there's also a slew of etsy and in some cases local blowers that put out great quality for fair prices) pairs perfectly with the PD. While you wouldn't get the type of compatibility that CD's stems offer, the PD stems mate perfectly with a 14mm GonG connection and thus no extra equipment, i.e. tubing, is needed.

hereatlast,

Purple-Days

Since the Clear Dome pieces are clearly made for the PD, your statement seemed ambiguous enough I thought some explanation might save you some trouble. Oh well...

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom