Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Purple-Days

Getting the last touches on the DVD for the Pandora. Pammy is pouring over it and is excited. That's good enough to make me happy. :D I have tried hard, to make it simple and easy for most folks to understand. Basically if you feel confident enough to drive a nail, this is for you. No nail driving required ! ;)

I want this to be right, not some half way thing. So an extra day or three for Pammy to correct spelling and wording is probably a good move. We want it to be a happy experience, no confusion.

First units out Monday, if I am happy. Not before.

Keep an eye on our accessories page. We will be posting info on how to order Clear Dome's Beautiful Boro-Glass Stems with our #304 SS tips. http://purple-days.com/Other_Stuff.html
We wish him all the best. Woot ! :2c: We are happy to support a 'Good Guy'. :cool:

Two new King of the Heap folks.
I'll post picks soon, if I get time. But, prizes (cherry stashes) going out to the winners. Still room to get a better guess in. And plenty of time. It's a 4-20 contest...

Can't find the finished unit picture, but it's OK... ;)

Best regards,
Tom and Pammy

Purple-Days,

ShadowLink12

Activist
Thanks everyone for all the comments on my post, they were all quite helpful. I also recognize that the versatility of 3 stems is there, I was just thinking out loud about a higher capacity unit. 3 other friends and I are going on a couple week long road trip this summer and I can't wait for the pd to be our 5th member. It is good to hear it takes more than 1 stem for some, because when I first was trying it out last night I did 2/3. Luckily I still have my Extreme around for big groups of people, but I am so psyched to have the pd always on and warmed up for just me/me and my gf when I get home from work.

I love it so much I am ready to get on the wait list again for a second one. Oh, and btw, I love the no words purple bottom, I almost didn't order the purple bottom BECAUSE of the words. I am a little disappointed my laser etched logo isn't more pronounced (aka it is very light), but the individuality of each pd is why I was so excited to get one, it really feels like a labor of love. (I am a bit jealous of SSS's though, so sick the 2 shades of wood, props buddy)

Just vaped some L.S.D. (the strain) over the course of writing this post, and it was oh so good, sorry if my post is a testament to that.

ShadowLink12,

aromaartist

Is there anyway you could darken up the laser etched logo yourself without messing up the finished product? Without the object in hand I can't make any concrete suggestions but where there's a will there's a way. Maybe some kind of art pencil or a black pen? Maybe even some black charred wood from a burnt log would do the trick. Just be careful. :ko:

aromaartist,

slick64

Hey everybody,

Can anyone tell me what page Tom lists the rules for entering the latest 420 contest?

slick64,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Nice hook up with Clear Domes glass stems Tom , I think the addition of glass is something you will not regret .

Samsquanch,

Purple-Days

The top clip can be dislodged slightly if you drop the unit on it's top.
The top disk of the heat exchanger sits on a 1" stainless steel sleeve (that you can't see) the clip sandwiches the heat exchanger in place. Set the unit down on a solid surface, use the flat blade of a screwdriver to push the clip back down against the top disk. Rest the blade on the clip and give the screwdriver a whack or two around it's perimeter to firmly re-seat the clip.

Purple-Days,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
continuing the short "wooden thing" discussion from the waiting list thread:

hey tom, just wanted you to know i read the paper that explained the wooden thing. it just didn't make a lick of sense to me. my mechanical inclination is fairly close to nil. when you're talking heat exchangers and clips to me, you're essentially giving sheet music to a baboon. maybe a small pic would help explain things better to those of us who are more visual or hands-on learners.

SSS,

Purple-Days

"my mechanical inclination is fairly close to nil" :cool:

I will try to think about how to make it, maybe??? make it make more sense. ;)

Purple-Days,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
the explanation and picture on the availability thread is pretty good. something like that combined with what you originally wrote on the paper maybe?

edit: tom, are the porta-billys out of stock or is the link on your page a bit squirrelly since it only shows the original billys on that page?

SSS,

Purple-Days

Thanks SSS, I fixed the link on the Porta-Billys. Webdesign :rolleyes:, not my best skill, reload the page and it should link through to the right page now.

Purple-Days,

tomitface

Hello guys, I just ran into a $200 winning lotto ticket, and i have decided its time to get a glass attachment for the PD. im thinking something with an ice catcher.

I am aware that 14mm is the way to go, but is that in regards to the male or female, or both. I guess i am just having trouble figuring out how to do this, and right. most of the shops around here have a No return policy, even if the glass has not been used. somebody please enlighten me i am quite eager to do this

tomitface,

abhs

Hey all, I got my PD a couple weeks ago and life has been pretty chill since then :brow:

But lately.. I've been noticing a few problems with my unit. When I first received the vape, I used to have it plugged in 24/7. I kept it that way for about 2 months. However, since last week it has started to lose heat without reason or notice. I will have the power source connected to the PD and to an outlet and when I pick up the PD it will be dead cold. When I switch power outlets, it starts heating up again. I can switch between two different power outlets, both will work but they won't keep it hot until I switch sources. Anyone else experience this? For now I just keep moving my PD between my room and the living room. That wouldn't be so bad, but the charge-up time of 30 minutes is annoying.

abhs,

lwien

Doesn't sound like the PD itself, but more the power cord adapter and where it fits into that adapter. Read back some pages and you'll find this issue being addressed and what to do about it.

If there was any weakness in this type of vape, this is it. Most vapes stay pretty stationary, but this type of vape needs to be picked up and moved, and if not done with some for thought, a lot of stress can get at that point between the power cord and the adapter. Also, if you drop the vape when it's plugged in, that doesn't help matters either. A lot of the guys here wrap tape around that area. But again, check back a few pages for more detail.

lwien,

sour

My PD was worth the wait! I got it yesterday and used it for the first time. You can taste the flavor of the bud a lot more, so far I enjoy the high a lot better. I felt high but could think clearly, the pain in my knee lifted away as I watched a movie. I think I was coming down just as I dozed off to sleep. I had purple kush which is good for night time. I plan on doing some pictures of my PD when I get a chance.

sour,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
tomitface said:
Hello guys, I just ran into a $200 winning lotto ticket, and i have decided its time to get a glass attachment for the PD. im thinking something with an ice catcher.

I am aware that 14mm is the way to go, but is that in regards to the male or female, or both. I guess i am just having trouble figuring out how to do this, and right. most of the shops around here have a No return policy, even if the glass has not been used. somebody please enlighten me i am quite eager to do this
The female joint needs to be 14.4mm in order for the PD stem to fit. Any tube that comes with a stock 14.4mm slide/bowl or is rated to receive a 14.4mm slide/bowl is going to work with the PD.

BTW- if all you want is a decent tube with ice pinches, I'd suggest getting a short (about 12-15" tall) Sheldon Black or SYN straight. They can be had for 99 dollars and are of very good quality. Save the second hundred for some herb!

PS- congratulations on the lotto win!

obelisk,

lwien

obelisk said:
BTW- if all you want is a decent tube with ice pinches, I'd suggest getting a short (about 12-15" tall) Sheldon Black or SYN straight. They can be had for 99 dollars and are of very good quality. Save the second hundred for some herb!
But you can get an Ehle or a HVY (both made with German glass) that comes with ice pinches and a diffuser for less than half that amount. Using the HVY now and it works great. Any reason other than possibly aesthetics, to go up to an SB or an SYN?

lwien,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
lwien said:
obelisk said:
But you can get an Ehle or a HVY (both made with German glass) that comes with ice pinches and a diffuser for less than half that amount. Using the HVY now and it works great. Any reason other than possibly aesthetics, to go up to an SB or an SYN?
HVY and Ehle are fine. I wasn't aware one could pick them up for less than 50 bucks (except for EDIT- which is not a store I will buy from personally, so cannot recommend). Thanks for the heads up. HVYs are pretty good for the money, I'd pick up a 9mm with a tree perc now if I had the money. Never hit an Ehle myself.

Where do you gt HVYs for that cheap online (my head shop doesn't carry HVYs)?

obelisk,

abhs

lwien said:
Doesn't sound like the PD itself, but more the power cord adapter and where it fits into that adapter. Read back some pages and you'll find this issue being addressed and what to do about it.

If there was any weakness in this type of vape, this is it. Most vapes stay pretty stationary, but this type of vape needs to be picked up and moved, and if not done with some for thought, a lot of stress can get at that point between the power cord and the adapter. Also, if you drop the vape when it's plugged in, that doesn't help matters either. A lot of the guys here wrap tape around that area. But again, check back a few pages for more detail.
I really appreciated your insight lwien. I actually wasn't able to find too much info on the power cord in this thread, and I had already tried searching before posting (maybe I was just using the wrong queries). However, I had a feeling the problem was in either the transformer or the wire, seeing as how the PD unit itself is quite robust. What I ended up doing was buying another piece of electrical wiring with the same output for about 5 dollars. Then I cut the original PD power cord about 6 inches from the end and spliced the new wiring to it. This way, I didn't have to buy another transformer, and if the problem arises again at the PD connection I can re-splice another piece of wiring. I hope this helps people in the future.

abhs,

sour

This is my new Purple Days. It's great!
SDC11601.JPG

sour,

lwien

That's beautiful, sour. I forgot what they look like when they're brand new. They get quite a bit darker as they age, which is also nice. Butter that beauty up about once a month while she's warm.

There's just something about the shape of the PD that I like better than it's competitors. More of a rounded top. Very nice.

lwien,

sour

Thanks. Yea I look forward to seeing the wood gain more character as time goes on. I'm thinking of ordering a tin of Buzz Butter so I can polish it up once a month. I agree the shape is better than the others.

sour,
Top Bottom