Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

jklasd

hmm, thanks max. not sure if theres a difference but im gonna call my post office and report back here for possible future canadian buyers with the same inquery as mine. thanks again. so far everything is checking out nicely and looks like i might be able to get the PD and DBV at the same time, if not, im just gonna get the PD. god i miss my vape lol.
EDIT: the response i recieve. "it would be whatever the taxes were, plus a $5 handling fee." he said the taxes would be 14%, so 140 x .14 = 19.6 + 5 = $24.60. god i do hate customs lol.

jklasd,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
I had no customs to pay when i received mine (I'm a bit closer to them then CD but not much). It was shipped around Christmas so I think customs thought it was a gift or something. Possibly due to the eco packaging used to ship it.

Skunkypete,

lwien

I just gotta say how great Tom and Pammy are. I just got a new PD yesterday, and I had a few issues, and they jumped on it right away. I'm not talking within a day or two, but within the hour of my inquiry.

This kind of service is rare, if not non-existent in todays marketplace.

Just wanted to give them a "hats off" and salute....................!!:)

lwien,

jklasd

honestly, this is about 25% of why i want a PD, because they seem to give amazing customer service. its rare to find such great customer service. im about 20 minutes away on deciding if im putting my order in tonight:p

jklasd,

UrutuBsb

Maconheiro
jklasd said:
... the response i recieve. "it would be whatever the taxes were, plus a $5 handling fee." he said the taxes would be 14%...
Youre lucky,

Here, in Brazil the customs bites 60%!:o.

UrutuBsb,

cannabananabis

I've been meaning to post again, but finally got around to it.

Anyway, I've had mine for a month, and have absolutely fallen in love with it, despite a couple setbacks.

First, my power supply gave out on me, but I was able to find another 1000mA one, and although it was 12VDC not 12VAC, it still worked fine. However, I noticed the plug fit a bit loose in the socket of the PD, but with some re-adjusting of the inner clip which comes in contact with the outside of the plug, I was able to get a nice snug fit. Before this, I had noticed that sometimes it seemed to give less hit than it should; my brother who owns one as well noticed the same. However, this readjustment seems to have solved it.

Mind you, I've dropped mine many times to say the least. What has happened all too often is I trip on the cord and it goes flying hard into the ground.

I've found that the tubes fit perfectly into a 14.5mm (standard/smallish) size joint, so I took advantage of the large, very nice water pipe I was left with by a friend and started hitting it dry (i.e. no water, although I've tried that too) with the PD. Absolutely AMAZING. I would kill most of a bowl in just one large rip, filling the entire massive chamber with very dense vapor before clearing. Now, it is hard to hit this - my brother found it too difficult to use - it just takes a little patience and very steady very constant inhalation, but the rewards I think are definitely worth it. Now, a tragedy happened last Friday - I bumped it over and despite it's 7mm thick glass, it landed right on the female joint, and now I'm $200 dollars poorer and a broken bong richer. However, I've just glued it back and am going to see how it looks when it's dried tomorrow.

Finally, I had a little problem concurrent with my original power supply failure, which Tom told me was a simple problem, and after a short time it went away, and still hasn't returned (let me know if you read this, I was planning on e-mailing you otherwise).

Something else I've found - hash can easily be made from the tube cleanings. I re-use the rubbing alcohol I use to clean them by pouring it back in the purple bottle once I've cleaned it, then do this the next 4-6 tubes before I evaporate the rubbing alcohol, leaving some good old hash. This stuff is amazing in the PD - I'll get 10 hits easily off such a small amount, and in addition to the smokeability of the vaped product, I get more out of my herb than I ever thought possible.

A small complaint I have is that in my power supply failure dilemma, it would've been VERY helpful to have the old purple light indicator on the front.

To end my post on a good note, when I first got mine I can't say I was terribly impressed with the wood itself. However, after some multi-coatings of wax and good old TLC, I've noticed the wood get much much deeper and fantastic in its definition. Again, I love this thing to death, and I've hardly combusted since I got it. :peace:

cannabananabis,

lwien

cannabananabis said:
However, I noticed the plug fit a bit loose in the socket of the PD, but with some re-adjusting of the inner clip which comes in contact with the outside of the plug, I was able to get a nice snug fit. Before this, I had noticed that sometimes it seemed to give less hit than it should; my brother who owns one as well noticed the same. However, this readjustment seems to have solved it.
Can you elaborate a bit on that? I'm trying to get a visual of how you made that adjustment.

lwien,

gak hater

i have had mine for 2 months now :brow:
the only mishap was a clip and screen fell out of a tube
outside of that the pd has performed flawless :)
my brother even stole on me it for a few days :mad:
i had to go get it,he was in no hurry to return it :lol:
i have smoked the goodness for over 30 years
and
between the pd and my mendo mulcher i bought around the same time
where the fuck have both you been the past 30 years!!!!!! :D :D

i do have a question for tom..
what different kinds of wood have you used to make a pd?
i have seen you mention some woods you don't like
what woods have worked that you do like??

my reason is i'm thinkin of maybe an exotic
down the road a bit.

gak hater,

eLiguL

gak hater said:
and

down the road a bit.
Currently only Tea Tree is available as an exotic, Ash, Figured Walnut, Figured Maple and Maple are in testing. All this info is available on his site if you have a look around.

History of exotic
http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Purple-Days#Wood_Types

eLiguL,

gak hater

eLiguL said:
gak hater said:
and

down the road a bit.
Currently only Tea Tree is available as an exotic, Ash, Figured Walnut, Figured Maple and Maple are in testing. All this info is available on his site if you have a look around.

History of exotic
http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Purple-Days#Wood_Types
last time i was on the site i think it was a time that he had none available
or was discontinuing a wood or two?
i don't remember it was many
tubes ago :D

gak hater,

Purple-Days

The Tea Tree is all gone. Just the original Cherry right now. I've been using the Ash unit a while and it seems well suited to the task. Pammy started testing a Figured Walnut. Nice wood but a bit more narrow, so we will see how it works out.

We are going to stick to renewable North American hardwoods. :)

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

cannabananabis wrote, "I was able to find another 1000mA one, and although it was 12VDC not 12VAC, it still worked fine. However, I noticed the plug fit a bit loose in the socket of the PD..." and, "but with some re-adjusting of the inner clip..."

There are several DC power plugs that are very close but are not Type M - 2.1mm x 5.5mm. If you do not get the right one it will not fit correctly. Only use this spec plug.

Trying to make adjustments to the spring clip inside the Purple-Days power jack is un-needed and you are going to break the jack. The power jack was never intended to be adjusted. You will break it . . . and if you break it you bought it. I will not cover any such breakage. This is silly. You have been warned. Don't do it. Get the right plug.

Use a Type M power plug only !

Hate being so blunt. But I have to make our position clear. :/

Purple-Days,

lwien

lwien said:
cannabananabis said:
However, I noticed the plug fit a bit loose in the socket of the PD, but with some re-adjusting of the inner clip which comes in contact with the outside of the plug, I was able to get a nice snug fit. Before this, I had noticed that sometimes it seemed to give less hit than it should; my brother who owns one as well noticed the same. However, this readjustment seems to have solved it.
Can you elaborate a bit on that? I'm trying to get a visual of how you made that adjustment.
Ok...............disregard the request above. I don't want to know.:uhoh:

lwien,

WhyWouldYou

Hello fellow PD owners. :)
As a new and proud PD owner I was wondering if anyone has had success with this type of 12V AC/DC adapter?
http://www.amazon.com/PowerLine-090...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1237352512&sr=8-1
I'd like to be able to keep the PD warm in the car with the included car adapter, and then use the same cord with the adapter I've linked to, so that I do not need to carry a wall adapter with me when traveling. Hopefully that makes sense.

WhyWouldYou,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yeah, it makes total sense dude and was discussed in length (who knows how many...) pages ago --- it should work A-OK. :)

SpiralArchitect,

NoSmoke

Hey guys just got my PD Monday while on vacation here in Puerto Rico, I had ordered one from VapeNow and have to say the CS is awesome! Anyways I figured the PD would make a good "travel companion" for my excursions out to the beach and up into the mountains and that it has. The material I'm dealing with is a bit moist down here, but it seems like everything is! I will later post pics of my new buddy on vacation, until then thanks tom and pammy good job!!!

NoSmoke,

Purple-Days

Welcome to the Purple-Days family NoSmoke. Wow, the PD is seeing more of the world than I ever will, kinda fun to think about as I make them. :)

A fellow asked the other day for a pic or two of the process. I'm working on metal this morning and took a pic of some HE tubes in process.

A piece of raw tube, then above it cut and reamed and cross drilled, the white bowl has a few that are further de-burred after the drilling and honed slick. Several ;) more steps to go including hot soapy water to remove manufacturing oils.

Purple-Days,

gak hater

Purple-Days said:
The Tea Tree is all gone. Just the original Cherry right now. I've been using the Ash unit a while and it seems well suited to the task. Pammy started testing a Figured Walnut. Nice wood but a bit more narrow, so we will see how it works out.

We are going to stick to renewable North American hardwoods. :)
thats why i wanted to hear it from tom first hand...
things change fast.
the ash sounds interesting, i like woods that are sort of like the tea tree,
with the grain very pronounced and deep.

maybe by the time i'm ready to get another,more and different woods will be available then.

gak hater,

Purple-Days

Have I shown my Ash unit? Not sure.

Ash is a bit plain without some sort of stain, and this one had some non toxic pigments mixed with some Buzz-Butter finish. The dark parts of the grain show up lighter and darker depending on the angle you view from. This shot isn't the best but...

Yep.things change fast so e-mail is the best way to get an up to the minute answer. :cool:

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

I think Ash has passed. very solid stuff.

Ash is neat.

Just like I used in Little League. Man, I've looked at that logo on the flat grain a few times. Does anybody remember the 'signatures' woodburned into it ? Can't remember the name on my bat, but that oval Louisville Slugger... well I'm dirty and scraped up in my mind, and still at 'short' on the Liebel-Flourshime field, or the lot out back of the house, can't wait to get the next out and go in to hit...

(I liked the Pug SA. Pammy laughed real hard ;). )

Purple-Days,

cannabananabis

Purple-Days said:
cannabananabis wrote, "I was able to find another 1000mA one, and although it was 12VDC not 12VAC, it still worked fine. However, I noticed the plug fit a bit loose in the socket of the PD..." and, "but with some re-adjusting of the inner clip..."

There are several DC power plugs that are very close but are not Type M - 2.1mm x 5.5mm. If you do not get the right one it will not fit correctly. Only use this spec plug.

Trying to make adjustments to the spring clip inside the Purple-Days power jack is un-needed and you are going to break the jack. The power jack was never intended to be adjusted. You will break it . . . and if you break it you bought it. I will not cover any such breakage. This is silly. You have been warned. Don't do it. Get the right plug.

Use a Type M power plug only !

Hate being so blunt. But I have to make our position clear. :/
Well, thats embarrassing, I'm just glad I didn't break anything accidentally :rolleyes:. However, the two plugs have exactly the same size plug, and I'd noticed the looseness earlier when dealing with the original one as well.

cannabananabis,
Top Bottom