Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Irie

Chant Down Babylon
Unfortunate. Drama.
Really too bad and none of us has the whole picture.
The drama is very immature wherever it came or is coming from.
Too bad, really.
I feel dirty.

Edit: cleanfiend...we, the customers, are not the ones whom posted a cryptic "goodbye post" insinuating wrong and unfair treatment and calling everyone here ass-holes.

Irie,

Cleanfiend

well, as much as we all are interested -- it is ultimately none of our business why T+P have decided to move on. I thank you for your exceptional customer service, and the fine products you produced. Good Luck onward!

Cleanfiend,

zmurder

I'm kind of surprised at all the T+P love, given the tone and content of their "farewell" message. It's official FC: we can stop kissing Tom's ass now. Screw the warranties, don't contact us, we're taking the money and running!-- that's the gist of the final message from Tom and Pammy on a forum that I have no doubt has sold them hundreds of units. Not even a "thank you" or "thanks". Oh but we on FC are the "assholes".

Now that said, I just received my second PD just weeks ago, and I'm especially glad I ordered it in time. It's a shame Tom and Pammy won't be standing behind their products, and won't be honoring the 3-year warranty. I was going to contact T+P b/c my latest package didn't include buzz butter, muslin bags, or the aromatherapy cup; but I guess we're all out of luck with these guys. Time to move on to better log vapes...

wolf torn

words can't describe how upset I am that I won't be able to order another one of these......

if I knew this was going down I would have ordered 3 of em to save for my lifetime

and for everyone bitching about the warranty stfu u don't need warranty anyways pd lasts.

Modnote: This isn't a very nice way to get your point across. Please review the forum rules.

wolf torn,

zmurder

lowfront said:
and for everyone bitching about the warranty stfu u don't need warranty anyways pd lasts.

Cool I'll take your word for that ... since Tom's word (the 3-year warranty) was no good.

zmurder,
What a bummer. I really liked my PD and now really regret selling it.

I do hope they end up choosing to honor their warranties, especially for those who just bought them.

charliedontsurf,

runner

Basshead
charliedontsurf said:
I do hope they end up choosing to honor their warranties, especially for those who just bought them.

I completely agree. Feel like that's just common courtesy.

runner,

oldfart

Tom is no spring chicken. Health problems can change things over night. I had a one man business, got a problem and can't work even though business was good I had to give it up. When that happens you don't want to look back you have to move forward.

I've had my PD for almost three years and anything that concerned me about it was answered on the forum and it works great plugged in 24/7.

oldfart,

vapormonkey

What public and private posts could possibly have led to this decision? I know Tom and Pam must be sensitive folks. I know FC is heavily moderated but always appeared mod in favor of Purple and Pammy.

mod note: No one is perfect, but we always try to mod in favor of the rules, regardless of the person, their role on the forum, or how long they've been here. Tom has had quite a few issues with the way the forum is run, and we've also had issues with him at times. But to suggest that FC members and/or staff are the reason for shutting down a business is unfair and ridiculous. Purple-Days has a good enough reputation at this point to get by just fine without any further FC participation.

vapormonkey,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Damn just convinced a friend to get a Log vape.. and after reading this thread he wanted PD and nothing else.. Well its good there are other guys in the log vape production like TT,Aromazap,UD,Woodeez,Epic vape, Ettera :)... and maybe OCD soon to come ..

Abysmal Vapor,

vapormonkey

It's so shocking because the following with this log vape was very popular, almost cult like. People dressing up vapes and all. This vape had the second highest number of replies. His demand always seemed higher than his supply. I've been on the net over 10 years and I'd have to honestly say this forum has the most heavy handed moderation I have ever seen, ever. Just an observation, don't chop my head off now.

Modnote: You're entitled to your opinion. You may also be interested in the following forum rules:
These rules exist to keep the forum fun, informative and manageable.
If you don't like the rules or the moderation, feel free not to post.
Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site.

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Wow......glad i opted for a CRZ, the tone of that "farewell" post would have really left a shitty taste in my mouth if i had ever given that guy a dime :rolleyes: :2c:

reece

runner said:
charliedontsurf said:

I completely agree. Feel like that's just common courtesy.

I guess, if you can contact them...oh wait...

Hopefully, most won't need the warranty. However, some in the past have needed it so you have to figure some of the newer (and not so new) customers may also.

So, about the pictures Tom posted in his farewell. Tom/Purple Days is the snake surrounded by the mongooses? That's the way it comes across when you consider the second picture which states he is surrounded by assholes. If this is correct then he should have thought it out a little better before equating himself with a snake. Maybe I've watched too much riki tiki tavi but aren't mongooses the good guys? In the real world, aren't mongooses used to keep the snakes away? Hmm, it's interesting when people reveal how they actually see themselves...

I'm sure the former PD team will be just fine. I wish luck to those who have purchased this product in the last couple of years. Especially those for whom the warranty was a big part of their decision.

reece,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Pretty appalling to leave your (former) customers hanging like that, I too am now glad I never became one of them.

Underdog Dave is willing to do PD-repairs if anyone needs them in the future luckily, spread the word to your fellow PD-owners.

OhTheAgony,

wolf torn

this warranty stuff is getting out of hand

we just lost the best vape ever

and everyone's concerned about their warranty but grateful ur lucky to have one at this point

wolf torn,

Al Capwn

Purple-Days user
Sure it sucks, but it's his company so he's got the right to bail if he wants to. I for one am glad that I was able to purchase a PD while they were in production. You'd have to seriously abuse your PD to ever need repairs so I'm not too concerned about losing the warranty.

The PD family just got a little more exclusive :lol:

Al Capwn,

treecityrnd

Purple-Days said:
Hi everyone...

Warranty and Troubleshooting Tips:
The Purple-Days Diffuser is warranted for three years. If it ever fails to make vapor, when provided with the appropriate power, we want to know.

A huge thank you to everyone for your support over this last year, we could never have come this far without FuckCombustion and the fantastic bunch of folks that hang out here. Muchas gracias, amigos.
Clowning! Reece is right on this one.

treecityrnd,

zmurder

lowfront said:
we just lost the best vape ever

and everyone's concerned about their warranty but grateful ur lucky to have one at this point

Lowfront I'm sure many on this forum would agree with your opinion that the PD is/was the "best vape ever". I own two, but the PD is only my 3rd favorite log vape model -- I'm much more fond of Rick's Rockzap and Alan's Toasty Top. And I'm very much looking forward to trying out the 'Dog. So I wouldn't despair, and those who missed out on the PD really didn't miss out on much given the existence of IMO better, more available, and (in some cases) cheaper log vapes from innovators who will be sticking around for a while.

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
Wow, didn't see that coming.
I thought they were treated fairly and with a lot of respect on this forum. Did I miss something? I thought they had (have) a fairly rabid following. I would love to have 870,000+ views!!!
R.I.P PD
Andy@epicvape

ACE OF VAPE,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Wow, I am just reading this now. Tom and Pammy will be missed. I would love to send you both a thanks and fairwell email, but it sounds like that has been closed. Thanks for everything, I know several times I received above and beyond service and treatment from this duo. And it is nice to have custom PD's unlike any others. Fairwell and good luck, may life continue to be thriliing and long.

IAmKrazy2,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I really debated chiming in here as I know how these types of sensitive issues can get out of hand whenever people feel a personal connection to a product like the PD.

I finally decided I just have to get this off my chest.

When I first joined FC, I became intrigued with getting a PD. it had such a loyal following and people were so fond of them. I placed a order even though it would be months before I received one. It was the same time that the kit was being released and decided since that would only take weeks, I would go that route instead. I ordered and waited.

During this time I spent a lot of time on FC. I began to take notice of some things that started to really bother me.

First, Tom seems to spend a lot of time on this site which while nice that he was interacting with his customers, seems to be odd considering that he had a huge backload of products to build. The thing that bothered me is that he took the money up front. It would be different if he did not charge first, but that was not the case. I can't think of very many things I would pay for and wait months for while the person spent most of their days online. I have ordered custom items before and they never take as long as this product does. Normally I either pay nothing or just a deposit.

Second, he would frequently take shots at the competing builders. He would Chime into their threads and generally just bash their products. What is interesting is that the other "log" builders all seemed to take the high road and not participate in this immature behavior. This made me start to look into finding a competing product. I found at the time that I could buy a vape that would be built quickly and paid for just before shipping. This seemed to be a better route for me. Plus I did not have to do all the work myself. I actually thought they were even additions of things like catch screens that I thought made them superior.

Third, I was a little put off by the photo contest ploys. I am all for marketing yourself, but this seemed to be a way to keep the thread at the top and once again I personally thought that the time should have been spent building the products that your customers had already paid for.

I understand that he built a really loyal following and that you all feel strongly about Tom and the product that he provided. I guess I just think you can now purchase superior products by people who actually care about their customers by providing Excellent customer service.

I think now that the curtain has been pushed aside, you might just find that you can actually get a better product with speedy delivery and people who stands behind it. You just might find that you are better off now.

I know I am probably going to get a ton of crap for this. It is just my opinion. I just think if you think about the whole situation, you just might see my points make sense.

Sorry if there are errors in this post. I'm typing on a iPad which is a pain in the ass.

zmurder

^ +1 You hit on a lot of points that (even as a PD purchaser and sometimes enjoyer) have bothered me about the PD presence here on FC. I'm glad the other inventors are more polite and provide better customer service for their IMO superior products.

zmurder,
Top Bottom