Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
just wish it was a little sharper but as you can imagine it was taken expeditiously...

**delayed reaction edit**

yeah i wish the side of the van read NYCD...

jeffp,

Milk

Mike
Jeff, love the reno911 shot. :lol:

2w3xs94.jpg

Got these today, one's my grandfathers, the other is an 1875 anatomy book...

Milk,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Nice shot, Jeff! I say you need to take it up a notch and get a cop to play guitar and hold the PD. You'd be the contest winner for sure!
:peace:

Stu,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Stu said:
Nice shot, Jeff! I say you need to take it up a notch and get a cop to play guitar and hold the PD. You'd be the contest winner for sure!
:peace:

please don't encourage me... :)

jeffp,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
:o

Oh Jeff! I love your photos but good gravy.... We don't want to have to bail you out :cool:

Lo,

Milk

Mike
MajorDoobage said:
I'm hoping Jeff's next photo is a nun and a DEA agent sharing PD bong hits :lol:

Seconded! But seriously stay safe jeff

Picture for today, couldn't get the lighting right so went with a glow to make up for it.

2iafqed.jpg

I actually have a UV led cluster that I mounted behind this mask so the eyes glow around 360nm, deep UV. Looks great when the lighting is low. Had to move it off the wall for the picture. My wife came up with a great idea we are going to have to do this weekend. :ninja:

Milk,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Cool glowing effect Milk!
Jeff you are nuts! But that is an awesome pic. :lol: Be careful man!
I thought this looked pretty cool
PDa.jpg

Ripbongs420,

hereatlast

Great pics everyone. jeffp is stepping it up a notch, don't think I'll be trying my local police force on this one ;)

On Sundays the PD and the record player get a simultaneous and lengthy workout :cool:
PDsummerphotos009.jpg

(Will take a few pics with some favorites for easy shots...)

hereatlast,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
yea jeff aint in it to win it

My participation will be on hiatus for two weeks come this weekend or right after the weekend as my daughter is going to be staying with me. Putting her in any potential danger is not going to happen obviously. But I'll have August to go kamikaze with this some more. Bottom line is that this is fun; I think this is Tom's most fun contest to date.

By the way yesterday I bought a little bottle of cinnamon oil and I put a few drops in the bong last night and used it with the PD. I like it alot - it's not as overpowering as the peppermint oil; it's a nice added touch.

jeffp,

hereatlast

jeffp said:
Bottom line is that this is fun; I think this is Tom's most fun contest to date.

I was thinking about this the other day at work as well (when I brought my PD with me). This contest is a great community builder IMO, unlike many other company-sponsored contests it seems that this one harvests a greater sense of (an-already-formed) community (PD owners) instead of pushing a product on prospective buyers. All the while, this contest is clearly keeping the PD in the minds of owners (beyond normal :lol:) in a creative way. :tup:

jeffp: What kind of turntable is pictured above? Looking forward to taking more PD pics next to and on top of vinyl here. Think I'm gonna save the glass pics for a few more weeks :p

hereatlast,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
JVC QL-5 manual turntable
Bought it for $80 at Bryce Audio in approximately 1980, still works as good as the day I bought it.
I remember when I was putting together a stereo being guided by the axiom to not buy anything from a salesman who looks healthy; that healthy looking stereo component salespeople don't know what they're talking about. Jim, I remember his name; the salesman, looked sickly and I felt he could be trusted.

*edit*
do you have your records stacked on top of each other like the photo depicts? if so that's not really a good way to store your records, they will warp.
get some milk crates from the grocery store if they'll let you take a few or if not distract the clerk with an electric guitar and PD and attend to the task at hand...

jeffp,

hereatlast

:lol: at your salesman story. I could tell the turntable was from a few years back, just curious on the info.

Re: record storage. That last pic may be deceiving I suppose, the records are indeed stored in a milk crate (and milk crate like and size 'box') in this household. I do see some folks (and even the cheaper sections of some record stores/dumps) store their records by stacking and can't help but cringe for the same reason (warping). I do my best to keep all my records in their original packaging (if I bought them as such or its safe) and even use plastic sleeves (over the whole album) for the majority of the collection (obviously some records get some extra special care :cool:). I do need to go grab a couple more milk crates soon though.....

hereatlast,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Jeff you are one funny guy. :lol: Why exactly is sickly better? I must build my salesman knowelge.
My mother had stored many records and a very nice record player and amplifire with speakers, and I have basically adopted them. I could get the model number and such of the player and amp. Though the speakers are nothing great. Anyway all of the records were stored correctly, in milk boxes standing up. Yet one record warped pretty badly. Of course it had to be the original copy of "are you experienced?" :( :mad: . No Purple Haze with the Purple-Days. At least not on vinyl that is. ;) .

Hereatlast, you are completely right. This contest is the bees knees!

Ripbongs420,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I have a friend who is completely obsessed with vinyl and has always been, and he said he wants to put his records on shelves above his bed. I said, "Are you crazy? What if the records fall off the wall and hit you on the head while you're sleeping? That could kill you!" He said, "yeah but what a way to go!"

**edit**

yeah definitely curious about the audio components you have. i bet what you have is better than you think especially the amplifier.

jeffp,
Top Bottom