Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Purple-Days

Stinac, that power supply is good to go on all points except the plug. That product description says, "2.5 mm jack" and the PD is a Type M, 2.1mm x 5.5mm plug.

The power is right, 12 Volts, the Amps (current) is right =>1000mA, but you need the right plug, read on down and it appears they make a 2.1 plug for other appliances they make. All the specs can be found on our FAQ page.

Ask away. :) Better to get it right, first time.

Purple-Days,
G

Hi Everyone. What is the best way to vape kief in the PD

Guest,

icanreadgood

howdy doo, i've been enjoying the vape but recently when i pick up the vape i hear a rattling noise. i know that this is can be a symptom of unseated clip, so i grabbed the piece of wood that is used to remedy this. i put it on top, hammered it in to reseat the clip. however, it is still making the rattling noise. are there any other remedies or causes for this rattling noise? thanks!

icanreadgood,

lwien

Wait till the vape is totally cool and hammer it harder.

I found that that seating tool (that piece of wood) was a bit too tight of a fit and even hitting with a hammer didn't do too much good because it wasn't going far enough in, so I used the edge of a flat head screwdriver and gave it a few whacks around the circumference of the clip with a hammer. Try that.

lwien,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i think you also need to make sure the PD is sitting on a rock hard surface that doesn't dampen the hammer whacks.

Hippie Dickie,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
I'd just like to add that I also tried to use the dowel, but it sat on the crossbar when I used it, not the clip itself, which was no good. I may have been using it wrong, but that means others might too; make sure anything you use to direct force into the PD is primarily touching the clip and not the crossbar. If you pound on the crossbar I would imagine the HE might not like it. I've yet to confirm my doubts with Tom though.
Tread cautiously, or better yet employ a flathead as lwein suggested. :2c:

sneezyjesus,

Purple-Days

The crossbar is a bit thicker than the clip. But the dowel is wood and the crossbar will easily dent the wood and the dowel will be on the clip as soon as you give it a solid whack, hitting the crossbar first is no problem. And the bottom of the hole is solid wood so a solid whack can't hurt a thing.

And yes if that dowel was a piece of metal you would hit the crossbar and not get anywhere. But it's not. That's the idea. And a light tap ain't gonna re-seat the clip. So give it a whack.

Purple-Days,

Thailand Express

Oh Happy Days (Purple Days that is)!!!

Hi everyone, I just got my PD today at my doorstep & it's warming up as I type.

I promised myself that I would register the day I got my PD, so here I am!!!

I'd like to thank all on this board for guiding me to the latest/best that vaping has to offer.

I'd also like to thank Tom for what I know is a great product made with love...bless you man!!!

Oh well, it's about time to load my fist tube...see ya later. :peace:

Thailand Express,

Aidac

Just tested my new Purple Days Pandora for the first time, I'm very impressed. 4 big vapor hits from 0.05g is pretty awesome. Thanks Tom! :D

Aidac,

Randomtask

I don't want to be presumptuous but on the website it says the pandora kit has 6 wood options.
"Alder, Ash, Myrtlewood, Walnut, and our original Cherry"
Is the sixth one of the fancy options or is the website wrong?

I haven't checked the past posts for awhile so I'll get on it

Randomtask,

Purple-Days

Alder, Ash, Cherry, Myrtle and Walnut for now. 5 + Black Mesquite soon, when it is done curing and kiln dried. And the two fancy woods also in curing Figured Maple and figured Walnut. But the first 6 will be regulars. but these are choices only available in the Pandora.

The big drill press snapped :whip: the quill return spring Tuesday (installed Thursday, white knuckles install :cool: ). Ordered one and checked an e-mail address that we seldom use, just for oddball stuff. And there was a not from Kali's 'Mom'.

The note had just arrived and was about a Westie she had. Her Father sorta 'flipped out' and she ended up with a pair of Westies and a an un-mentioned and unplanned pregnant bitch. With a litter of Scotties arriving at the same time she ended up with more dogs than she could sell and needed a good home for a 4.5 month old male Westie pup and thought of us.

We have been thinking that Kali needed a companion. And even stopped at the Gold Beach Animal Rescue a week or two ago (nothing but pit bulls). So all the pieces fell in place and we left Tuesday noon for San Francisco. The drive down the coast and through the Redwoods and Wine Country is always beautiful, but it's a long haul. The ride back was a 5 or 6 hour Romper Room in the back seat.
a3pcwk.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRcDWuqYCNI
Followed by sound sleep. Pammy is very happy. :D
2mo32uq.jpg

Happy Fourth of July. Small town parade and activities (Sand castle contest / beach golf etc.) tomorrow followed by fireworks over the ocean. Be safe .

ps. Welcome to the forum ThailandExpress. :)

Purple-Days,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Awww! Great picture! Congrats on the new pup :D I'll be Pammy is beyond happy!! Happy 4th!

The video is adorable... Looks like they'll be having loads of fun together :D

Lo,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Add another Aw! :lol:
They look very happy together! Have a great 4th Tom & Pammy & Kali & Kori!

indigal,

tuttle

Regarding the heat exchanger, how loose it too loose? Mine has been shifting around a bit, I have given it a few whacks with a dead blow and screw driver against the retaining ring to try and seat the ring a little deeper, but it doesn't seem to make much difference, and the ring seems pretty well in place as far as I can tell, so all I am doing is marring the retaining ring. I am fine with it having some shift, my concern is that I don't know how the heat exchanger is captured at the bottom, and I am concerned that too much play may allow the HE to slip by what ever it may be resting against, or I will fatigue solder joints. If this is impossible, then great I can live with the HE shifting slightly, I just want to make sure I don't lose it down the barrel of the PD.

Second thing is that my PD seems to be like a pepper shaker in that no matter how many times I give it a few light raps on the bottom, blackened flecks continue to be produced. Any thoughts on blowing it out with compressed air or removing it by other means? I feel this collection of spent, blackened herb is affecting the taste I am getting.

Thanks!

tuttle,

oldfart

I've had my PD for 18 months and it does the exact same thing as yours. The same with the black shakes, smells like something
burning after you shake it. Still works but all your worries are the same as mine.

oldfart,

Purple-Days

The bottom of the top hole is solid wood. The hole is about 6cm deep and flat bottomed. There are two small holes in the bottom of that larger hole that allow the two wires to pass through to the bottom of the unit, This bottom cavity is where the two wires are secured with stainless screws. The top hole has a 1" stainless steel sleeve that rests on the bottom of the top hole, on the solid wood hole bottom. This sleeve cannot 'drop down'. The top disk of the heat exchanger (it has two holes) rests on this sleeve. It is a 1" disk sitting on a 1" sleeve. It can't go past the sleeve. The clip sandwiches the heat exchanger top disk against the sleeve.

If the heat exchanger mass is forced against the top clip (as in a hard drop on the units top, or beating the top of the unit) Newton's law says that 100 gram mass will remain in motion till an equal force stops it,
ie. the clip's tension against the walls of the unit. With enough force the clip cannot withstand the momentum of the 100 gram mass and will dislodge the clip slightly.

If the heat exchanger remains loose after the clip has been forced out of place, the heat exchanger mass can slap back and forth widening the 1" hole. Once the hole is widened pushing the clip back into the 'too large hole', will not solve the problem, and you may need a second clip over the first for extra grip. These clips are available at any auto parts store and are for a 1" bore. If the heat exchanger is allowed to beat the insides too severely the unit may become un-repairable. Like getting a flat, you can pull over and fix it or you can drive till the tire is destroyed. Once a clip has been displaced it needs to be re-seated.

As far as the debris that falls in the hole... The stuff falls down those two holes mentioned above, going into the cool bottom cavity and remains there till the unit is overturned. I'm not sure what makes people turn the unit over and cause the debris to enter the heat exchanger cavity and get into the radiating fins and between the heat sink plates causing unpleasant results while they are vaping. If you feel the need to 'clean' the unit do so after a session, then use a vacuum to help remove any debris from the heat exchanger. Then leave the unit on for a bit to clear any odor. Depending on you frequency of use, and how you pack your tubes, a cleaning every 4-6 months is probably adequate. Doing it more often seems obsessive, ;) since the debris is just sitting in that bottom cavity and won't cause an odor till it placed in contact with the hot parts. :2c:

Purple-Days,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Wow!! Awesome pix Tom!! That is really cool, thanks for sharing :) I don't think I've ever seen fireworks captured in photo that well....ever :D

Lo,

Purple-Days

Thanks Lo, but that was just a 'shop' composition, 'real' shots but pasted . We have the 'best' fireworks here. Out over the ocean. Driftwood fires on the beach, a long show , nice breeze (for sure) to clear the smoke from the fireworks.

I used to use real cameras. Still have a Nikon (relic) and Mamiya 6x6 (dinosaur) and a GE light meter (from before god, and Atlas used my Gitzo tripod). :lol: :cool:

+++

Just sent a batch of PDs (30) to our retailer VapeNow.com and I have a good head start on the last of the wait list. Bodies turned and bored, lasered, heat exchangers built, heater harnesses built etc. Gonna wipe that list out and start fresh.

And... We just got word that VapeNow.com will stock two of our North American hardwoods. Cherry, and :cool: . . .

So, our laser man is gearing up. If I ever buy a laser it will likely be the same brand (not cheap). The best results I have ever seen.

Just saw Rick of Aromazap giving repair advice... "quick and easy. Works for all log vapes BTW" but he is wrong. :rolleyes: Our modern crossbar design and the copies of our design use a 1/16" stainless steel crossbar that is thicker than the Heat Exchanger retaining clip so clip re-seating is done differently on the PD style vapes and his method won't work. So, don't try it. Either use the tool we provide or contact us for assistance if you have dropped your vape and the heat exchanger becomes loose. It's an easy adjust ment.

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom