Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

max

Out to lunch
nobilo, 3 periods or 6 (or 12) -most of us don't care. As long as we can understand your words..................................... :lol:

But as lien and stickstones pointed out, you came onto the forum like a bull in a china shop, and it's not what you said, but how you said it. This is not your normal, average forum. Dealers on other forums have to be a sponsor in order to post, and I don't know of another board where manufacturers are allowed to post about their products. So we're a bit different here and it pays to do some reading and get used to the place. Insulting members in your first sentence and calling Tom dishonest in any way (we know better) is sure to get you off to a bad start.

A couple of points for you or anyone else having the same thoughts:
I should have ordered through Vapenow three weeks ago so I could get on their backorder list
Are you certain there was a backorder list? You would have had to have called to find out, and you said that nobody answered at the time you called. He's always removed the order button when stock was gone, and never indicated on the site that orders could be placed via a waiting list. The policy is clearly stated now- The Purple Days will remain "out of stock" until we have units ready to ship, at which point we will make units available on this page on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will not be accepting any pre-orders or keeping a waiting list so as to avoid getting far behind on orders.

I still believe that this transition could have been handled in a much better fashion.......
I don't see how. When your business plan changes in a short period of time it can certainly throw people, but I don't see it as hanging people out to dry. The new plan was stated on the PD site and at vapenow at the same time. Tom wasn't taking orders and Vapenow had no stock and no wait list, so I don't see where your PD ownership has been delayed.

thanks for showing me the way so I can more easily conform to the norms and mores of the FC board...I would hate to offend anyone else on a vaporizer discussion board.
We don't want you to get paranoid about it, just try not to offend everyone at once. ;)

max,

lwien

nobilo said:
Also, thanks for showing me the way so I can more easily conform to the norms and mores of the FC board...I would hate to offend anyone else on a vaporizer discussion board.
So correct me if I'm wrong, but what I take from this sarcastic comment is, "This is JUST a vaporizer discussion board. No one should be offended by anything I say." Either that or, "Fuck you. I could care less if you are offended or not. After all, this is just a vaporizer discussion board".

Let me ask you a question (that is, if you are still here to read this). Would you feel it appropriate to walk into someone's house whom you didn't know and who was throwing a party with people whom you didn't know, and throw out a negative label on all of them and not expect a negative reaction in return?

I know it's easy to think that the 'puter screen is just filled with inanimate ones and zeros, but the fact is, is that there are human beings sitting in front of those screens, and they can just as easily react to and be affected by negative comments as those people in that "real" house mentioned above, and ya know what? It doesn't matter if it's on a vaporizer discussion board or a board dealing with the existence of God.

It's an attitude, nobilo, that I picked up from your first post, and continues here to your latest.

You do write and convey your thoughts very well. If you could just lose that chip on your shoulder, I have no doubt that you could be a very valued member here and provide well constructed answers to those seeking information about future vape purchases and/or user tips. But from your last post, that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
lwien said:
nobilo said:
Also, thanks for showing me the way so I can more easily conform to the norms and mores of the FC board...I would hate to offend anyone else on a vaporizer discussion board.
So correct me if I'm wrong, but what I take from this sarcastic comment is, "This is JUST a vaporizer discussion board. No one should be offended by anything I say." Either that or, "Fuck you. I could care less if you are offended or not. After all, this is just a vaporizer discussion board".

Let me ask you a question (that is, if you are still here to read this). Would you feel it appropriate to walk into someone's house whom you didn't know and who was throwing a party with people whom you didn't know, and throw out a negative label on all of them and not expect a negative reaction in return?

I know it's easy to think that the 'puter screen is just filled with inanimate ones and zeros, but the fact is, is that there are human beings sitting in front of those screens, and they can just as easily react to and be affected by negative comments as those people in that "real" house mentioned above, and ya know what? It doesn't matter if it's on a vaporizer discussion board or a board dealing with the existence of God.
I wasn't sure whether to take that last sentence of his straight or with sarcasm, lwien, since there have been some communiction problems. I decided to play it straight. I think future posts will reveal whether he's still feeling 'picked on'. If members don't feel comfortable with the 'ambiance' here they usually move on. Hopefully he'll do some thread reading (this one in particular) and get a different outlook on the place.

max,

nobilo

Going to respond and then signing off.

At one time Vapenow was taking orders when they didn't have stock...they are now longer doing this. The system in place now is more like what Tom envisioned with his 1st and 15th order process...except is sounds like they will update weekly instead of bi-weekly, and don't give exact times about when they will update the stock (they were nice enough to give me a day, but I'm not sharing that for obvious reasons). I don't know if he dictated it to them, or they chose to do this on their own. This kind of system isn't exactly great for the guy who has been waiting patiently for the device, because he has the same chance of getting the unit as some guy who just happened to stumble upon the unit for the first time and got lucky. It's a total crapshoot now. Personally, I think the fairest way to have done this all along would have been to take orders with the explanation that it may take quite awhile to fill them. Then at least you know...I have placed my order and don't have to check a website twenty times per day. Right now, even though I have been trying to get my hands on a PD for two months.....someone who stumbles along today could potentially get the device perhaps even a month or two before me. This is why companies have backorder lists...to keep things fair.

Secondly, my only complaint about the way Tom handled this was related to the generic email...and then not following up on what he stated he was going to do. He has since explained that things changed very quickly and there was no way to contact all the folks he had sent that email to...good enough for me. I will now wait patiently to acquire a PD...and it may be today, two weeks from now, or two months from now. I guess that is my biggest problem with this process over the last month or so...there is really no rhyme or reason to the process.

nobilo,

The_Algebraist

Dude. Just drop it. Talk about something else. I see a three inch tall by four inch wide block of text on my screen called 'wah, wah, wah".

Has the fact that no one owes you anything, like a personalized email signed "love and kisses" been established?

Resist the urge to type words.

La de da de dah

:lol:

The_Algebraist,

duh

I have to agree w/nobilo on a lot of the points made. This was handled poorly. It is also ironic that the vape known for great customer service is now going corporate via a 3rd party in the US who doesn?t answer the phone or email. *(at least my PD email has not been answered).

Notice also that those w/the message to "calm down" and stfu are all PD-owners?

Being in the same boat (waiting to buy one), I'm also frustrated. I too, nearly clicked 'buy now' a few times but decided to wait and now have no idea when I can get one. I almost want to take a vacation overseas just so I can order it!

Now I read there is a ?secret? day that vapenow gets them and if my timing is off, I?ll be waiting again. The vape community isn?t that large ? it?s only a matter of time before the PD hits a saturation point or close to it and the scarcity problem ceases. Right now, this is an awkward chapter in the PD story.

A wait list or an order delay would be more fair than this. I'm aware Tom isn't comfortable w/having a long lead time - however vapenow could handle this differently. Heck, we are all ready to hand over our money w/out getting a product any time soon!

BTW - I had asked about dyeing a PD (I want mine a darker color) and the only response I got was 'wait till you use it for a while and it will go dark on it's own' - not quite what I had in mind - I was hoping to find a friendly varnish or a cool vegetable-dye eco-tip on how to do it since Cherry is now the only option.

duh,

max

Out to lunch
I know you said you're signing off, but I've got :2c: anyway.

It's a total crapshoot now.
Just like an advertised sale, you have to be there early if you don't want to miss out on a limited supply. And you have some inside info- "they were nice enough to give me a day"

Personally, I think the fairest way to have done this all along would have been to take orders with the explanation that it may take quite awhile to fill them.
Maybe, but it would have increased the amount of emails asking, 'has it shipped yet?', 'where am I on the list?' The main reason they shifted to using vapenow was to end the constant trips to the Post Office (which is not close by) to ship 1 or 2 vapes (for good service ;) ) and to end the flood of emails. To quote Tom from another thread- "Frantically e-mailing was the cause of our going to a professional re-seller. You along with many other started your e-mails in a fashion such as, 'I know you are terribly busy and have said you are not taking orders, but would you stop everything and tell me again that you are busy filling orders and not taking them?"

If you're referring to vapenow when you say "the fairest way", I think the same theory applies. They would have been deluged with emails, especially from people who had paid and were still waiting-maybe months later. We don't know how strong the demand really is, and how much a of backorder list there would have been. Demand has surely increased now that people are aware of the limited production status of the vape. Neither Tom and Pam nor vapenow is capable of dealing with all the emails (to provide good cust. svc.) that accepting backorders would have further increased. The PD co. has to have time to build vapes (and have a personal life) and vapenow has to take care of all the non-PD business.

duh said:
I have to agree w/nobilo on a lot of the points made. This was handled poorly.
Since you're only seeing the demand side, and not the supply side, with all the problems involved, your opinion (which is stated as fact) doesn't count for much, especially since you didn't take the time to offer your opinion on how it should have been handled.

It's a unique situation and while the current strategy won't make everyone happy, I think it's probably the best solution, all things considered. A limited # of PDs is better than none at all, and closing up shop completely was definitely an option they considered.

The business plan has been stated, and I don't see any point in arguing or complaining about it any further. So let's don't.

max,

lwien

duh said:
The vape community isn?t that large ? it?s only a matter of time before the PD hits a saturation point or close to it and the scarcity problem ceases.
Hmmmmmm. I don't know about that. While I agree that the "current" vape community isn't that large, it is, in fact, a growing community. And considering how many people still smoke and have never vaped before, it should be obvious that there is a LOT of room for growth. Add to that, that this is a handmade vape being made by two people on their dining room table, and it doesn't take much imagination to deduce that the scarcity problem will exist for quite a long time as long as Tom and Pammy doesn't change their manufacturing business model.

And, it's that scarcity, to a point, that breeds a desire to own one, and so we go 'round and 'round. It may be a bit harder to get one now, but the fact remains that it is the most efficient vape on the planet, and as long as another one doesn't come out to challenge that efficiency, it will continue to be one of the most sought after vapes out there, regardless of how long the wait may be.

lwien,

The_Algebraist

Yes, and I'm waiting to buy another one too. I gave my PD to my brother so I am without a PD currently and am patiently waiting for them to become available.

:o

I am not coming onto this forum and all "wah wah wah, personal service blah blah blah" and going and insulting the man making the very thing that I'm such a fan of. Man, that is just dumb. You talk about "personal service", but "personal service" is a two way street. You have to be respectful and generous and you'll get the same in return. When Tom and Pammy announced their "Plan C" move I just KNEW that it was people like you that made them go this route. So you can blame yourself and your peers for your current "predicament", which isn't really a "predicament" at all, it's just you being impatient.

Yeah, it would have been awesome if Tom was like, "Dudes, I just happen to have made 100 of them so everyone place your orders" on the 15th, but that didn't happen. What did happen is I know where and when I can buy my new PD, and that is from vapenow.com when they become available. Calm the OCD down a notch or two. Being angry isn't going to make them appear any faster, and once you do get once, you'll feel lame because everyone here will think you are a big baby.

Just look back a couple of pages in this thread, you'll see one fella in particular that not only incessantly complained about a possible "malfunction" (and I am not talking about lwien. lwien is a cool dude) of his PD and got called out for being a party pooper. Don't be a party pooper man. Just be patient.

Be like me. Be really calm and check the vapenow site in the morning. Dude, this isn't like a Hannah Montana show, it ain't gonna sell out in 5 minutes. Be chill.

Oh, and stfu! :)

duh said:
Notice also that those w/the message to "calm down" and stfu are all PD-owners?

The_Algebraist,

The_Algebraist

lwien said:
[While I agree that the "current" vape community isn't that large, it is, in fact, a growing community.
I was at the "best" headshop in NYC just this past weekend and there was a couple in there purchasing a new $800 bong and we got to chatting and I mentioned that I primarily vaporize now and they were like "huh? you mean in a fishbowl kinda thing?"

It's crazy that there are sooo many people out there who regularly consume herb and would fall in love with vaping if they just knew about it. I tried to convince them to buy a SSV (which the headshop carried) and I mentione the PD, but they were unconvinced.

It's crazy unfortunate that most people who do try vaporizing back when don't have a good experience initially, relegating themselves to a decade of combusting when they could be vaporizing.

:rolleyes:

The_Algebraist,

duh

max said:
Since you're only seeing the demand side, and not the supply side, with all the problems involved, your opinion (which is stated as fact) doesn't count for much, especially since you didn't take the time to offer your opinion on how it should have been handled.
I did offer an opinion on how it should have been handled - either a wait list or accept delayed orders. A supply side problem is pretty easy to solve, actually - just decide how you want to deliver. I also would think my opinion would count for much - hence why I like to share my opinion w/others and in turn, listen to theirs, including yours.

lwein, I think you are feeding my argument on scarcity. As the vape community is going to continue to grow, the 'killer vape' will be the one that dominates everyone's imagination and is easily attainable. Right now, that has been the Volcano, and for FC'ers it is the PD and the SSV and/or the Extreme.

It is easy to see small, cheap and portable vapes dominating in the future. After all, we are talking about heating plant matter - not going to mars. I, for one, am excited about this.

The_Algebraist, thanks for your comments. I'm chill = its 4/20! Also, thanks to FC, I'm a vape snob - the PD will come when it comes - just constructive criticism is all I hope we are doing - there will be a 'next' time for someone, even if it is a different vendor.

BTW - anyone w/comments on PD dyeing?

duh,

lwien

duh said:
BTW - anyone w/comments on PD dyeing?
It's sad when it happens, but if it does, I don't suggest cremation, being that it totally goes against everything that the PD stood for.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
I did offer an opinion on how it should have been handled - either a wait list or accept delayed orders. A supply side problem is pretty easy to solve, actually - just decide how you want to deliver. I also would think my opinion would count for much - hence why I like to share my opinion w/others and in turn, listen to theirs, including yours.
Sorry, I missed your solution, but surely you can see the flood of emails that either of your options would create. Even the quanity that Tom and Pam have received with their limited order acceptance policy of the past, has been more than they can handle. Burnout for both was a real prospect. For quite a while now Tom has been removing the order button on his site when orders exceeded what they could supply in a couple of weeks. And vapenow has been doing the same when out of stock. So the new policy isn't really very different than the way the process has been working in the past. So, a decision has been made on how to deliver. Like I said, it doesn't satisfy everyone, but waiting for the 'buy button' to appear at vapenow is better than not having a buy button at all.

max,

duh

lwein, dyeing not dying! :p

I want mine to be dark - but don't want to inhale fumes of varnish while I am vaping.

BTW - There is no such thing as a dead vape...only one in need of repair! :lol:

duh,

Purple-Days

Duh says,"I want mine to be dark - but don't want to inhale fumes of varnish while I am vaping." and "Now I read there is a ?secret? day that vapenow gets them"

We don't use stains or varnish or polyurethane, that was the whole idea. A toxin free vape. I have experimented with some non toxic stains and have not been satisfied with their performance.

The other part, well I don't believe there is a secret date. Since VapeNow doesn't really know when I will send the product (for certain) and since the US postal system can not be counted on for specific delivery ETA, and since things can and do come up, it would be silly to give a secret date. Possibly a person sounding like he has inside info, not sure why, but he has his reasons, I'm sure.

Sorry the new system hasn't pleased some. I have said before I will not accept long lead times, and will not take a waiting list. Those options may sound nice to you, the consumer, but they keep me awake at night. Call me a corporate sell out, but there was no way to handle the Monster that this has become and make vapes too. I asked for suggestions, and stated that I would not accept the earlier two options. nobody came forward with anything constructive. Nobody. Now I have been cussed and called a liar and am certain that we did the right thing.

BTW when we put up notice that we were at capacity and the wait was 7-10 biz days the demand went up. When we said 10-12 biz days the demand increased again. It just didn't stop. So we put a stop to it ourselves.

Purple-Days,

lwien

Purple-Days said:
BTW when we put up notice that we were at capacity and the wait was 7-10 biz days the demand went up. When we said 10-12 biz days the demand increased again. It just didn't stop. So we put a stop to it ourselves.
Human nature is kinda funny that way. We always want what we can't get.

As long as the product is right, and is what people want, the desire to have that product increases with it's lack of availability.

It's true in retail regarding product, as well as true in the restaurant business with people waiting outside in line for a seat, to the entertainment business where the old show business adage is, "Always leave them wanting more."

I know this wasn't your intent Tom, but considering your product, what you state above does not come as a surprise.

lwien,

Kenny Powers

Hey all, I know there is a huge demand for this little vape and I was just curious.... If I wanted to order a unit from GotVape down the line, would it be possible to get any exotic woods? I've seen some of the pictures of the Tea Tree and some of the other woods and I have to say they look amazing. I know they are an added cost, and I don't believe I've seen this issue covered so please just let me know. Thanks for your time!

BTW - to all those waiting anxiously to place orders checking gotvape.com for updates; don't worry I wont be fighting you all like its the last turboman doll before xmas, I just got my hands on an SSV and its SICK.

Kenny Powers,

lwien

Kenny Powers said:
BTW - to all those waiting anxiously to place orders checking gotvape.com for updates; don't worry I wont be fighting you all like its the last turboman doll before xmas, I just got my hands on an SSV and its SICK.
Not to worry. I don't think that anyone is checking gotvape.com for updates. ;)

lwien,

Kenny Powers

lwien said:
Kenny Powers said:
Hehe, I doubt that, as there are now over 100 info-packed pages about a little vape the size of a can of coke! I just was wondering about the wood selection because those colors look so awesome! The thing is my state of Delaware wasnt even on Tom's list! What a shame I wanted to get us on there hehe.
:ko:

Kenny Powers,

zik

While I have skimmed most the page cause im poochin by now, I will say what nobody seems to understand is that during march vapenow had the option to place an order for the PD with a message stating 'we're currently out of stock if you'd like to place an order we'll ship it out then, expect to get stock within the next couple weeks yada yada' something along those lines. When you have been doing everything right, and patiently waiting for the chance to purchase the PD, it feels like a kick in the nuts when what you should have done is gone ahead and placed that order to wait on the product to be restocked.

cliffnotes : vapenow had an option to buy a PD that would be shipped when they recieved stock.

zik,

max

Out to lunch
Kenny Powers said:
lwien said:
Kenny Powers said:
Hehe, I doubt that, as there are now over 100 info-packed pages about a little vape the size of a can of coke! I just was wondering about the wood selection because those colors look so awesome! The thing is my state of Delaware wasnt even on Tom's list! What a shame I wanted to get us on there hehe.
He means there's no point checking Gotvape because that's not the dealer that sells it. Feel free to add Delaware to the list yourself. You wouldn't be the first SSV owner to make room for a PD. :cool:

max,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
Kenny Powers said:
lwien said:
Kenny Powers said:
what lwien meant is that nobody is checking gotvape because gotvape doesnt sell pds, vapenow does ;)

edit: shit i gotta pay more attention max aleady said this :lol:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Kenny Powers

Haha oops vapenow! Can't get em straight especially on this fine holiday :D thanks for correcting me ya'll

Kenny Powers,
Top Bottom