Purple Days Review!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapesalot

Well I wanted to wait for a bit before I posted my review of the Purple Days Vaporizer (referred to from now on as the PD).

I gave 'grades' but who gives a crap about subjective crap like that - I figured I'd go balls out anyways.

STYLE/AESTHETIC - Some care, and some don't. This baby is made out of handcrafted wood, and is very light. Kind of a rustic style, which I really like. It's simple design and no buttons is a great aesthetic as well. Looks fantastic once you rub on a little 'buzz butter' polish (included)

GRADE 9/10 (this is very subjective, of course - decide for yourself)

FUNCTIONALITY - Quite Simply, the PD is not made to accommodate every function. It is a direct draw (kind of like a whip vape, but its more like milkshake through a straw in a soda can, which is pretty cool) and you can't change the temperature. Personally, I love this - I've been vaping for a while now but I still love having to not worry about the temp, and it never scorches the tobacco - It gets it a golden brown, and it can be re-vaped in other vapes. Obviously this doesn't support the bag style, and it wouldn't support other botanicals with different boiling points (although most are still in the appropriate range). It is made to function as your daily use vape, so it accomplishes that goal to perfection. It is likely not the best party vape, or vaporizor for other materials. Does work well with bongs though.

8/10 - It does EXACTLY what it was built to do, but isn't going to meet all assorted vaporizing needs.

BUILD QUALITY - Go watch the durability tests on the website, and the Warranty is fantastic. We all see Tom on this board, and he is fantastic at what he does. On the down-side, one of my 3 vapor tubes keeps coming apart - it just snaps back together, no big deal, but its a slight problem at best (and you can always get more for very cheap). And if there is ever a problem, Tom has shown he wants to make you (the customer) happy with his product - he takes a lot of pride in these PDs, wouldnt you? (i wouldn't be surprised seeing a post from Tom below telling me to send in that tube and he'll send me a new one - don't bother Tom, I'm plenty happy :) )

9.5/10

ENERGY - This thing takes 30 minutes to heat up - BUT WAIT! There is a lot of confusion about this. This unit is made to be kept on 24/7 (or you can use a daytime/nighttime timer). It only uses the electricity of 2 night lights....this thing has absolutely no footprint - most of us leave lights on in the house, and a light would be 6-8 times more energy per second! Having a vape that is always ready to go is fantastic, probably was the thing I wasn't expecting - I have so much more time and don't have to always remember to turn something on beforehand, it has literally improved my life.

9/10 - takes 30 minutes, but it's intended design is 24/7 meaning this should be irrelevant.

EFFICIENCY - First of all, there is pretty much consensus that the PD is the most efficient vape out there - But I was still surprised at how small of a bowl of tobacco it takes (about .025 g of I hear). I was excited about this, but expected I would have to do 2-3 bowls in order to get to a good level. I was very wrong! Even 2/3rds of a bowl is plenty if you want to still function, 2 bowls will be very strong, even for high tolerances.

GRADE 10/10

PORTABILITY - The PD is a bit smaller than the PD, I have decent sized hands and it just felt so comfortable, and the wood is amazing. A car adapter is included, so if you're wanting to go out and about, it can come. Apparently, if you needed batteries, I hear that the 'vapolution' battery pack can hook up to this alright, lasting for 60-90 minutes. The only downfall would be if you wanted a truly portable setup - If so, get a Vapor Genie (but still buy a PD).

GRADE 9/10

TASTE / HITS - you get 3-6 hits in a bowl, depending on the size of your hits. This thing can give much, much bigger hits than I was expecting, plenty to make me cough like crazy. Taste seems good enough to me. I was surprised at how warm the hits can be (due to the short tube), it doesnt bug me, just didnt expect it.....and if its any problem, you can always attach a bong...or my favorite, the mouth-bong technique: fill your mouth halfway with water, stick the tube in and draw, and then drink the water - It's fantastic and the hits are great, just takes a little practice. Also, sometimes the tobacco will fall off of the screen into the inside - it sounds worse than it is if you havent seen one, it's made to do it like this....but you have to tap it upside for a bit to get all of it out, and if you dont i think it affects the taste a bit.

GRADE 7/10 - good hits, a little hot but not bothersome to me. You can pull bigger hits off of a SSV or other power-hitters, but this works as intended - an every day use vape.

TOTAL GRADE 9/10

Look - If you smoke every day, you would be stupid not to buy one. You will save money due to the efficiency, save time because it's on 24/7 and only takes a few hits and you're done, and save your lungs (if you werent already vaping). Price is very reasonable at $180 and VapeNow has free shipping - and it comes with the car charger, cleaning tubes, buzz butter, aromatherapy cup, and awesome muslin bags - one as a carrying case, and one to put your ABV into. This literally is one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Alright, that was a lot of love for a vape, so bring on the flamers!!!!! I will keep my eye on this thread and respond to any questions. Feel differently? I'd like to hear why, it's not like I've smoked every vape out there....

vapesalot,

baikal

I would agree with 95% of this. As a pretty heavy, chronic smoker (well now almost always vapor), I need more than 2 bowls from the PD to really "do me right". I can easily blow throw 8 bowls in a long sesh, but even at that rate the usage is minimal/miniscule.

I am the first to admit I am a weedhog....the PD helps. Vapes in general help.

baikal,

HoneyAir

After years and years of dealing with the prices of the really good stuff out there and the occasional dry spells...

I am still in shock at being able to last twice as long on the same bag... coasting right over the dry spells whenever they happen.

No amount of argument on the internet can take that away from me. :cool:

HoneyAir,

rotax

Zaporist
he mouth-bong technique: fill your mouth halfway with water, stick the tube in and draw, and then drink the water - It's fantastic and the hits are great, just takes a little practice.
i've seen this mentioned in other threads. how exactly does this work? :p
where do you let the water 'sit' as u take the draw?

rotax,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom