Purple-Days availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xero

If vapenow doesn't do the shipping then what the heck do they do?

This company has the masterlist of orders. And with maybe 15 minutes of work they could have figured out how many units are on back order. Maybe with another 15 minutes they could have figured out an average time to fill an order.

SSS took the time to compile all the data. Then Vapenow changes their website to reflect what his/her compilation of the data said.

Iwein you have a very good point. They are probably making some money off of every PD that is sold through the website. This makes it even worse that they couldn't take the time/effort to accurately update their website. I don't need/want a freakin hour by hour update. But what I do want/need is accurate data. And them stating that the wait list is 9+ weeks (when in actuality it is 16+ weeks) is stupid.

Sorry to derail the thread.
in my book
tom & pammy = :)
vapnow = :(

Xero,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Before Vapenow Tom & Pammy had to deal w/ all of the other aspects of orders. Now more time to focus on actually making PD's. Nothing is perfect and seems like the lost shipment is part of the extra delay causing frustration. These things happen. If I had to go back and start all over, thought I might have to wait 4 or even 6 months I'd still order... I'd of course use another vape while waiting but no regrets on my PD purchases.

Some folks may not have read back far enough to see that Tom had to have surgeries, on his EYES. This slowed him but initially but gave him back sight he hadn't had previously. He had to take time off to recover as well. Other things happened in their personal lives that happen to all of us in life to set us back a bit.

Vapenow has been okay on all my orders, things shipped quickly etc. save the PD of course which I knew was a high demand product.

Lo,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
updated through post by dutchroller01

Highest Known Confirmed/Completed Shipment: buzzhead #3248 ordered 11/20 received 3/12
Lowest Known Number Awaiting Processing Confirmation: oldhippy41 #3289 ordered 11/25
Expected Wait Time: 15-17+ weeks

orange=confirmed processing (order changed to fba)
red=confirmed shipping (received shipping confirmation e-mail)
yellow=status unknown

Current Known Wait List:
oldhippy41 #3289 ordered 11/25
cville #3292
ejance #3335 ordered 12/1
digitalxdream #3393 ordered 12/5
lex1489 #3394 ordered 12/6
elhoel #3418 ordered 12/8
mauison #3422 ordered 12/8
xero #3502 ordered 12/15
jofroxp #3538
icanreadgood #3555 ordered 12/22
greenroses #3581 ordered 12/24
dutchroller01 #3606 ordered 12/28
slick64 #3610 ordered 12/26 (? maybe 12/28)
commit #3615 ordered 12/28
d232 #3619 ordered 12/29
sacalamota #3658 1/1
diabeticgonewild #3684 ordered 1/4
donkdafied #3688
blearybear #3738
bags #3822 ordered 1/19
neilito #3859 ordered 1/22
yada #3864 ordered 1/23
infrinitee #3892 ordered 1/26
bkram #3968 ordered 2/3
mrschyguy #3975 ordered 2/3
edgar #4018 ordered 2/9
momofthegoons #4182 ordered 2/24
momofthegoons(2) #4342 ordered 3/12

Canada Wait List:
hangin' with mr cooper #3501 12/15
jimbo #3953 ordered 2/1

SSS,

MauiSon

3/12 is the last known delivery date - I guess I may be waiting a bit more than I anticipated.

MauiSon,

OldHippy41

Getting back to the original thread a bit, does anybody have any new helpful updates or info as to availability? Today marks 4 months for me, I'm curious if a new batch will be shipping anytime soon. As Maui noted, it doesn't look like Vapenow has moved any new stock for about 2 weeks. (At least not to anyone contributing here) Perhaps every 2 weeks is the new-stock cycle?

OldHippy41,

max

Out to lunch
it doesn't look like Vapenow has moved any new stock for about 2 weeks. (At least not to anyone contributing here) Perhaps every 2 weeks is the new-stock cycle?
Vapenow hasn't been actively involved in shipping for quite a while. They have shipping set up at their Amazon store, and Amazon is responsible for routing the shipments that come from Port Orford. There is no 'cycle', and as Tom noted, they fumbled one shipment around somehow and the PDs took about a month to get delivered. This system speeds up delivery to customers, but PDs are just one item amongst thousands of shipments for Amazon, so sometimes there's a hiccup.

max,

InFriNiTee

MMJ Patient
Ok I just joined FC! I have been procrastinating ....lol. I figured I ought to join and let everyone know that I'm on the waiting list as well, considering the waiting list is stopped from growing at the moment. I am very lucky I got on it while I was able to ;)

I have ordered on: Tuesday 26 January, 2010

Order Information - Order #3892

Many thanks to you Tom and Pammy!

InFriNiTee,

Digitalxdream

i've been sooo patient and i was sooo close on the list and now it seems like nothing is happening,
i'm starting to get grumpy :(

Digitalxdream,

GreenRoses

MMJ Patient
Hi InFriNiTee, I got the LB also for the wait :) It's holding up well, but it's so 'manual'. I look forward to the PD and it's ease.

:peace:

GreenRoses,

OldHippy41

Thanks Max. I was sure I used the wrong words (as usual) before i posted. I definitely understand how the shipping works, that's not really what I meant to communicate. Semantics anyway, IMO.

I, also, got the LB to cover my wait. I passed it to a friend, who may have had too much already. He made sure to disregard my operating instructions and ruined my screen by "compacting" the material into the trench with his thumb. LB fun = over, back to the butane until a PD arrives. =(

OldHippy41,

GreenRoses

MMJ Patient
OldHippy41 that totally blows about your LB and friend. Fortunately you should be in the next batch. A couple other mates on our forum have found and used the LB in the interim. I wonder if the vapenow folks should come up with a special sale; Buy a PD and wait = 180, or buy the combo PD/LB for 180 + X. :brow:

:peace:

GreenRoses,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
i believe this may be a clue regarding the lost shipment - this is the only info available via google; the posting having been deleted by the author:

Purple Days herbal vaporizer
Here's something you don't see every day and won't find in the shops. This is a genuine handmade cherry-wood Purple Days vaporizer. ...
portland.craigslist.org/wsc/for/1635335045.html

jeffp,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Okay, so the deleted craig's list ad is interesting! I'd sure love to see that shipment found!! Keeping eyes peeled for PD's for sale. Also, I see there is an email to repsond to that pulled craig's list ad. Hmmm!

Date: 2010-03-08, 8:42PM PST Reply to: sale-j7cw5-1635335045@craigslist.org ... This is a genuine handmade cherry-wood Purple Days vaporizer. ...

Lo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
The ad is interesting. I have no doubt that the super sleuths of the FC will find that box if it's to be found. :D

momofthegoons,

max

Out to lunch
OldHippy41 said:
Thanks Max. I was sure I used the wrong words (as usual) before i posted. I definitely understand how the shipping works, that's not really what I meant to communicate. Semantics anyway, IMO.

I, also, got the LB to cover my wait. I passed it to a friend, who may have had too much already. He made sure to disregard my operating instructions and ruined my screen by "compacting" the material into the trench with his thumb. LB fun = over, back to the butane until a PD arrives. =(
All I can tell you as far as PD shipment goes-they get turned around as fast as Amazon shipping allows and go out to buyers. Tom can't ship out a certain number each and every week, because life sometimes interferes with schedules when you're a small businessman.

On your busted LB, I think you'll find, if you contact Magic Flight, that they'll send you a replacement, since unlike other companies, their warranty isn't limited. They've replaced other boxes in instances like yours. Just make a note not to lend a vape to that particular friend in the future. ;)

max,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Lo said:
There is one listed on ebay at the moment but... think it's legit!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Purple-Days-Vap...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a05bf4073
I think that is someone trying to get rid of their PD (they state they only have one), if you look it has a hand burned logo.... so it is pre-laser etched in its age. One of the Tubes also has a used look to it (i noticed when you use a tube, after time you can see the steel through the plastic more and more)

They also tell you where you can get spare tubes from, and how nice Tom n Pammy are.

I would def say this one looks legit, someone in need of cash letting go of their Purple Days.

DevoTheStrange,

Purple-Days

Devo has a good eye!

Re-post from the PD experience.
Let's all drop the lost package thing, please.
A) Daily reminders of the loss (a couple of grand) aren't so fun.
B) Just because a PD goes up for sale doesn't mean it's a 'lost' PD...
^^^ the one listed above is a perfectly legit example of that. I can assure you that
is a used PD.
C) Even if someone starts selling multiple 'new' PDs, I don't care. It doesn't affect my
karma, and I would not pursue them.

The 'lost' units were re-made and shipped USPS Priority Mail, directly to Vapenow who will re-ship them to Amazon (I suppose). All future units will follow the same path, much more expensive for us, but . . . NO UPS . . . and NO AMAZON (for us). This method will continue till the current orders are filled and will add several days to the shipping process, something I dislike, but it is the only way for us to protect ourselves.

Purple-Days,

lwien

DevoTheStrange said:
(i noticed when you use a tube, after time you can see the steel through the plastic more and more)
What do you think causes this?

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I know what caused it in mine.... THC Condensation got in between the steel and plastic. This happened when I was using a koozie and left my tubes in the PD between hits... it got warm enough to cause the plastic to lose its grip. The metal parts slid up and down. Now you can see through the plastic.
I think it is the same thing as when you get oils on ground glass it makes the frosting look clear.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

Ah....thanks for the explanation. I took out the stem I use every day, and a brand new one, and for me, I couldn't see any difference.

lwien,

dutchroller01

Hi all. After lurking 20% longer than the projected wait time when I paid for my unit, I'm going to go ahead and join the list. And the chorus bitching about the misleading estimate. (Insert obligatory statement absolving Tom, PBUH, from any rancor regarding this). I ordered two days after slick64 so no clue why my order number is lower. I'd also like to thank everyone who has posted about eventually receiving their unit - if not for these stories I would assume Vapenow was some internet fraud that just spent suckers' money until we demanded our refunds.

Order Number: 3606
Date Ordered: Monday 28 December, 2009
Purple Days Bottom Either Style (Model # B002N2TDS8 OR Model # B002N2NMFI)

dutchroller01,

elhoel

week 16 hope some shipments go out next week

This is 3rd or second week without shipments?

What's everyone else on?

elhoel,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom