Purple-Days availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
ah, if he's referring to the writing on the bottom then he's right. it's gone and i don't have it either.

updated through post by sour
note: judging from this last batch, wait time has slightly increased.

Highest Known Confirmed Shipment: shadowlink12 Ordered 11/14 Shipped 2/24
Lowest Known Number Awaiting Confirmation: lo #3197 ordered 11/15
Expected Wait Time: 15-16+ weeks

orange=confirmed processing
red=confirmed shipping
yellow=status unknown

Current Known Wait List:
sour #3083 ordered 11/3***see post 1439***
lo #3197 ordered 11/15
sinclue #3200 ordered 11/17
perseusstoned #3224 ordered 11/18
bodhi #3232 ordered 11/19
buzzhead #3248 ordered 11/20
cville #3292
ejance #3335 ordered 12/1
lex1489 #3394 ordered 12/6
elhoel #3418 ordered 12/8
xero #3502 ordered 12/15
jofroxp #3538
icanreadgood #3555 ordered 12/22
greenroses #3581 ordered 12/24
slick64 #3610 ordered 12/26
commit #3615 ordered 12/28
d232 #3619 ordered 12/29
sacalamota #3658 1/1
diabeticgonewild #3684 ordered 1/4
donkdafied #3688
blearybear #3738
bags #3822
neilito #3859
yada #3864 ordered 1/23
bkram #3968 ordered 2/3
mrschyguy #3975 ordered 2/3
edgar #4018 ordered 2/9
momofthegoons #4182 ordered 2/24

Canada Wait List:
sudo_high #2949 ordered 10/19
hangin' with mr cooper #3501 12/15
jimbo #3953 ordered 2/1

SSS,

TheGame

even after reading countless positive reviews on this site, the PD exceeded my expectations. nice work tom & co.

TheGame,

nobilo

Order 3125......Ordered 11/8/2009

Received on 2/25/2010

This is my third unit and I must say, although it is the largest in circumference......it also has the most beautiful wood grain of the three. Ordered the first from a scalper on Ebay during the time period when you had to sit by your CPU twenty four hours a day to get an order through. For those of you on the wait list, be glad there is a wait list is all I can say! The second and the third were ordered from vapenow after they started doing a wait list. Why do I need three.......bc I gave one to my prewife so I would have one at her place, and I feel it necessary to have two at home for some reason.

I'm also loving the new wood thingy they are shipping that I assume is to cover the exposed metal of the heating element......great idea Tom! For those of you waiting......I know its hard, but its well worth it! The PD is the best all around vaping device out there......hands down.

I'm just waiting for the day when somebody makes a lithium ion battery that can attach to the bottom of this sucker so I can go cord free.

Happy Vaping Friends!!!

nobilo,

TheGame

it serves 2 purposes; cover for when you're moving the PD and a holder for the tube when its end is hot. very handy

TheGame,

Nchomsky

Just got mine today order 3161, haven't been on a while. It's heating up right now but I was surprised at how loose the straw is compared to the Myrtle Zap. Someone else mentioned it and I guess it's normal? otherwise beautiful piece, amazing feel, the zap may not get as much use.

Nchomsky,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Looks pretty interesting, (that wooden piece), I would love to get my hands on something similar, but no big deal. SSS by the way, beautiful piece, I love how the two different colors sit with each other.

The_Other_Shoe,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Ordered mine this week on the 24th, order 4182. All the great advice on this site helped make the decision.

The You Tube vids of SpiralArchitect9's demo were the deciding factor. They made me salivate.

momofthegoons,

sour

I'm really frustrated regarding my Purple Days order. On Tuesday a rep. from VapeNow responded to an email inquiry I sent and stated that he shipped my PD that day, and that a tracking number would soon follow. Shortly after I get an email from VapeNow stating that my status had changed to "Shipped" along with a tracking number. So at this point I'm overjoyed. Wednesday and yesterday I checked the tracking number on Fedex's site several time, and the status said "Shipment information sent to FedEx please check back later for shipment status". So being two days with the same message today I decided something must be wrong and that I should call Fedex. The rep at Fedex told me the shipper sent information for my package but has yet to ship it. I reconfirm out of shock and disbelief and she assures me "that's correct the shipper hasn't given us a package for this number yet". Surely you can understand my frustration. Now despite how my post sounds, I realize the foul-up could be with Fedex -or- the shipper at VapeNow. Shit happens, but after having waited so long it's just really heart-breaking to know it's not going to be here when I thought. Not to mention I've seen a member with a considerably higher order number report that he received his yesterday. Sheesh I really come off as a big crybaby right now.

Latest Update -Emailed VapeNow customer service. They ship out of an Amazon warehouse and sometimes the Fedex workers miss packages when scanning and loading the trailers. He said more than likely it will arrive on time despite the tracking info that Fedex reports. Will give it a week to be sure. So I'm back to waiting and hoping.. hello again butane lighter. ;)

sour,

SSS

sour, i will put you back up on the waiting list. please update the situation when you can.

SSS,

Derf

Why don't ya'll just order the pandora kit... its cheaper and will get to you sooner? Is there a question here?

Mod note: The Pandora is a kit, which requires assembly. Not everyone wants to build a PD. ;) Posts in this thread don't have to be a question, but they should be on topic. Your post is not. :/

Derf,

Xero

SSS can you explain the process of receiving the PD. I am getting confused.

Do you get an email from vapenow when your order goes from waiting to "confirmed processing"? Same question for the shipping part. Do you have to track it or does vapenow send you an email? Thank you.

Xero,

SSS

Xero said:
SSS can you explain the process of receiving the PD. I am getting confused.

Do you get an email from vapenow when your order goes from waiting to "confirmed processing"? Same question for the shipping part. Do you have to track it or does vapenow send you an email? Thank you.
yeah, that's how it goes down. you first get a message that it's processing. then you are informed it is shipping with tracking number included.

SSS,

slick64

Hello everyone,

Can someone tell me how long the wait is for a pandora kit and how much they cost?

slick64,

Purple-Days

This is the P-D availability thread. . .

Posts about the wooden thingy, or the Pandora Kit, or the contest, or any other topic belong in the PD experience thread, where somebody who isn't just looking for shipping info, might see the post and respond. :cool:

I get a lot of packages. Many large shipper's like Amazon (who VapeNow uses for warehousing and shipping) have automated labeling and package scanning. A package gets scanned and the info goes straight to Fed-ex (via the internet) etc. , the package may be an hour, or a couple of days, before it is actually in the hands of the carrier. This is standard in 2010. Of course Fed-Ex can't complete the tracking info (including ETA) till they have the package in hand... :2c:

The wooden thingy? Well, every kit the wooden thingy is included in, has a paper insert explaining what it is and what it is used for. Nobody reads nuthin. :/
214wr5x.jpg

This is the wooden thingy. It was developed for the Pandora kit, but is a good idea and is included in all kits now. After a hard drop the retaining clip can be dislodged by the mass of the Heat Exchanger and should be re-seated. I have explained how to do this with a screwdriver, but this makes it even easier.

Purple-Days,

lwien

Apparently others found other uses for it as well. ;)

Wooden thingy, stash boxes, tube holders, billy bowls, glass stems, cleaning bottles, abv blow bags. The whole PD experience keeps getting better and better.

Me thinks that you guys who have chosen to be on this waiting list have made a very good choice indeed.

lwien,

sudo_high

Well sweet baby Jesus, my PD has shipped! I received an e-mail from Vapenow asking if I would be okay with a different bottom - I ordered before there was the option for either - and of course I said yes, my good man, ship away. Yes, it definitely takes longer for order to Canada. Apparently because the orders don't go through their normal channels of shipping. A month+ longer is a little much, but what 'cha going to do?

sudo_high,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom