Purple-Days availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerseusStoned

fail said:
If I am not mistaken, the rate of PD production is 14 units per week?
Varies, these are people (just two, so its hard to get an average) and not machines. Additionally I understand there were some medical problems awhile back that sent schedule behind. Its mostly up to the producers based on how they want their work-week to be and how many they want to pump out.

PerseusStoned,

ShadowLink12

Activist
SSS is my hero, now only if everyone that ordered a PD would post in these forums we would have an even more awesome list.

ShadowLink12,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Yeah, I can tell you I have a few friends who are on the list but don't post on the forum. I can see I'm moving up the list though :D very nice!!

Lo,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
updated through post by nobilo

Last Confirmed Shipment: sci-fi-dude #3075 Ordered 11/3 Shipped 2/10
Lowest Known Numbers Awaiting Confirmation: sour #3083 Order Date: Tuesday 03 November, 2009
Expected Wait Time: 14-15 weeks

Current Known Wait List:
sour #3083 ordered 11/3
hookem13 #3102 ordered 11/5
nobilo #3125 ordered 11/8
thegame #3144 ordered 11/10
ledados #3164 ordered 11/13
shadowlink12 #3172 ordered 11/14
lo #3197 ordered 11/15
sinclue #3200 ordered 11/17
perseusstoned #3224 ordered 11/18
bodhi #3232 ordered 11/19
buzzhead #3248 ordered 11/20
cville #3292
lex1489 #3394 ordered 12/6
elhoel #3418 ordered 12/8
xero #3502 ordered 12/15
jofroxp #3538
greenroses #3581 ordered 12/24
slick64 #3610 ordered 12/26
diabeticgonewild #3684 ordered 1/4
donkdafied #3688
blearybear #3738
bags #3822
neilito #3859
fail #3863 ordered 1/23
yada #3864 ordered 1/23
jimbo #3953 ordered 2/1
bkram #3968 ordered 2/3
mrschyguy #3975 ordered 2/3

SSS,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Good work SSS, finding all the names and doing all the dirty work. I can't believe how far the list is, I got my PD 2nd to last week of Dec, and my order was 2740. From what I have heard some order up to about 3000+ has been shipped, and highest known wait is 3975, it's beautiful and I hope everyone waiting falls in love with their PD as much as I have.

The_Other_Shoe,

GreenRoses

MMJ Patient
:o Stunning compilation, SSS! I tried and failed in my attempt (my cat and I found some shinny objects, lol) Theoretically, your data can be MS Excel'ed, graphed, and projected.

Or, so my cat tells me :ko:

Peace

GreenRoses,

GreenRoses

MMJ Patient
sci-fi-dude said:
Wouldn't you know it my delivery got delayed because of the massive snow dump the N.E. had this week. It was supposed to be here today but UPS is running late. ...
lol, oh that is snow not funny! :(

:peace:

GreenRoses,

jimbo

winterize
Thank you SSS! Nice to know where we're at on the PD waiting list.... keep up the good work :D

jimbo,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
SSS said:
updated through post by thegame

Current Known Wait List:
sour #3083 ordered 11/3
lo #3197 ordered 11/15
I've been forcing myself not to look for the last two weeks and when I do look here is a wonderful job of compiling the wait list. Congrats.
Looking over the thread I can't find if it was determined whether the order numbers refer to just the PD or to all store orders? From my order to the next on the list is only one day but the order number is 24 higher. Seems more likely 24 store orders than 24 PD orders.
Got a b-day in March. Looks like it'll be close enough! :p

Sinclue,

fail

Sinclue said:
SSS said:
updated through post by thegame

Current Known Wait List:
sour #3083 ordered 11/3
lo #3197 ordered 11/15
I've been forcing myself not to look for the last two weeks and when I do look here is a wonderful job of compiling the wait list. Congrats.
Looking over the thread I can't find if it was determined whether the order numbers refer to just the PD or to all store orders? From my order to the next on the list is only one day but the order number is 24 higher. Seems more likely 24 store orders than 24 PD orders.
Got a b-day in March. Looks like it'll be close enough! :p
These are store order numbers.

fail,

tonylarock

I recently had to cancel my order of pd reluctantly, it sucks to wait 2 1/2 months, almost a quarter of a year. I went with wdz, and I will post a YouTube link on my experience with wdz, but what I dont understand, Is why they dont hire some us citizens to help in production, its just that simple, I understand the integrity and honor and nostalgia in having to make each individual piece by hand. But Pammy with no disrespect, tell boss man to get with it. I dont know if you remember betamax and vcr, But betamax was afar better superior and quality item, but it was over taken by mass production by vcr. wich then became the standard in the USA and around the world. As consumer and someone who wanted pd prior to wdz. You need to wise up an invest in laborers and raise price to cover cost if need to. I was willing to pay you 200$ and I know people are willing to pay more if it was available within in a week. Heaven forbid something should happen to Tom, would that mean the business would close down? it just doesnt make sense

tonylarock,

lwien

What really doesn't make sense is that you knew full well what the wait time was but ordered it anyway and now, after doing so, you are complaining about the wait time and canceled your order. THAT doesn't make sense.

On the other hand, Tom doesn't want the headaches associated with running a business with multiple employees, nor does he want to raise his prices due to the increased cost of running such an operation, nor does he want to jeopardize the quality of the Purple Days by having others on the "assembly line". His business plan, while not typical, makes perfect sense. I have no doubt that Tom would prefer to be the Betamax of the vape world, for although Betamax lost out in the widespread home market to VHS, Betamax was STILL used professionally in video production houses, and in the same vein, Tom selling his units just to a small niche of vaporists, I am sure, suits him just fine.

And regarding what would happen to the PD if, God forbid, something should happen to Tom, I personally think it would be quite fitting for the PD to cease being produced if something should happen to it's maker. There's just something very poetic about that, and again, to me would make PERFECT sense.

lwien,

SSS

tony, this subject has been covered before. the qualified labor pool in port orford, or is much smaller than nyc. two people are doing the bulk of the work, they seem to be happy with it, the customers are happy so that's just the way it is.

i was in the same boat as you. deciding whether to wait or go with something else. i knew that my first choice was the only choice that would satisfy me. so i waited. i have one now and i'm happy i didn't settle for something else. the people currently on the waiting list will be thrilled when their pd finally arrives.

for those on the wait list---the wait list summary has been updated at post 1305. i'll keep updating that one until we get to the next page of the thread. then i'll post it again fresh.

SSS,

SSS

lwien said:
What really doesn't make sense is that you knew full well what the wait time was but ordered it anyway and now, after doing so, you are complaining about the wait time and canceled your order. THAT doesn't make sense.
that's actually not true and is the subject of my only beef with the pd ordering experience. the reason i thought it was important to organize the wait list is solely because the wait time listed at vapenow is NOT accurate. it's actually very disingenuous to accept money for the pd without disclosing that the wait time is closer to 15 weeks. that is A LOT of money sitting in the vapenow coffers when most people who order have no idea that the wait is that long.

i've read excuses that vapenow can't be bothered to update the time on the pd page. total bullshit. it wouldn't take more than a couple minutes to update one line of text on a web page.

other than that issue my experience has been flawless. the pd is everything people say it is. efficient and well-built with great customer service from the creator.

SSS,

fail

tonylarock said:
I recently had to cancel my order of pd reluctantly, it sucks to wait 2 1/2 months, almost a quarter of a year. I went with wdz, and I will post a YouTube link on my experience with wdz, but what I dont understand, Is why they dont hire some us citizens to help in production, its just that simple, I understand the integrity and honor and nostalgia in having to make each individual piece by hand. But Pammy with no disrespect, tell boss man to get with it. I dont know if you remember betamax and vcr, But betamax was afar better superior and quality item, but it was over taken by mass production by vcr. wich then became the standard in the USA and around the world. As consumer and someone who wanted pd prior to wdz. You need to wise up an invest in laborers and raise price to cover cost if need to. I was willing to pay you 200$ and I know people are willing to pay more if it was available within in a week. Heaven forbid something should happen to Tom, would that mean the business would close down? it just doesnt make sense
What is the reason behind of waiting 2.5 months and then canceling the order?
You have completed the waiting period and probably canceled the order couple of days before it was shipped.
There can be two explanations for your actions:
1) You went thru some type of mental event, this caused you to behave in this irrational way.
2) You were mislead by the haters, they talked you out of getting the PD and you got the other brand.

fail,

fail

SSS said:
lwien said:
that's actually not true and is the subject of my only beef with the pd ordering experience. the reason i thought it was important to organize the wait list is solely because the wait time listed at vapenow is NOT accurate. it's actually very disingenuous to accept money for the pd without disclosing that the wait time is closer to 15 weeks. that is A LOT of money sitting in the vapenow coffers when most people who order have no idea that the wait is that long.

i've read excuses that vapenow can't be bothered to update the time on the pd page. total bullshit. it wouldn't take more than a couple minutes to update one line of text on a web page.

other than that issue my experience has been flawless. the pd is everything people say it is. efficient and well-built with great customer service from the creator.
The 15 weeks you talk about. vapenow states 12+ weeks on their site. This means that the waiting period is more than 12 weeks and this corresponds to your 15 weeks time.

EDIT:
I got wrong the 12+ weeks. I did check the site and it states 10+ weeks. I hope I won't have to wait 15 weeks.

fail,

lwien

SSS said:
lwien said:
that's actually not true and is the subject of my only beef with the pd ordering experience.
Sure it's true. He said, "I recently had to cancel my order of pd reluctantly, it sucks to wait 2 1/2 months........". 2 1/2 months is 10 weeks, and saying that he canceled his order because the 10 week wait time sucks, after he placed his order knowing full well that it was going to be at least 10 weeks doesn't make any sense.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
Whatever's currently listed on Vapenow for wait time-10 weeks, 12, or 15, human beings are involved on both the manufacturing and buying ends, creating variables in the waiting period, from time to time. Since this buying system was implemented, I think the shortest wait time has been about 8 weeks, and the longest maybe twice that. But it's clear on the vapenow site that there is a long wait time, and if someone isn't aware of it, they're not paying attention.

"THERE IS CURRENTLY A WAIT LIST FOR PURPLE DAYS. ESTIMATED WAIT TIME IS APPROXIMATELY 10+ WEEKS."

max,

tonylarock

:2c: I understand certain people in this forum live in perfect worlds were they dont have regrets, I my friends am a human being and have had both, many regrets and much satisfactions in my life. I apologize if you do not understand my reasoning for not wanting to wait 10 weeks, but the anticipation of having something to vape with sooner than latter was too much for my taste. But after much research, much much much research. I had come to conclusion that I would be able to get the same or close to the same as Pd with wdz. With out the wait time, so I hope! I will let you know soon enough.

Happy Vaping

tonylarock,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom