Purple-Days availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebus Canebus

In a modern "connected" world where we are accustomed to instant gratification it can be difficult to practice patience. Can you imagine what the wait was like back in the 1800's when things moved at a much slower pace via steamship and RR. Thank goodness transportation has come a long way since then. Time sure flys when your having fun. Half the fun has been reading all the posts in this thread, and the PD experience thread. Great bunch of people here, tons of combined knowledge and experience. Vapenow #2035, Ordered June 13th. Getting real close, possibly next shipment. :D

Rebus Canebus,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Well, never received a confirmation from VapeNow today. They didn't even send me an email, kind of frustrating. Unless they ship Saturday, I am now looking at a 6 day delay for adding stems at least. Sorry if i seem frustrated, but I think a simple "we can't get out your order today" email would have been much better in a customer service aspect after telling me it should ship today.

It is tough for VapeNow, no doubt. Tom get's all the praise for the PD, and I am sure VapeNow gets to deal with all the frustration involved with waiting. Not easy. That being said, I will now mention something else VapeNow did that frustrated me, and I never once mentioned it previously on this forum. When i first ordered my LB, VapeNow charged me the full amount but really only sold me a beta test model. The same models they likely received free of charge from MagicFlight. Magic flight has stellar customer service, and sent me a new box ASAP. But selling me a beta, that clearly didn't work as well as the finished product wasn't cool. This has helped to fuel my frustration I believe. Over-promised and under-delivered yet again.

IAmKrazy2,

Purple-Days

Hmmmm, you are blaming VapeNOw for selling Beta versions of the Launch Box???? :/

Who do you think sent Beta versions of the Launch Box to VapeNow to be sold. How the Hell, were they supposed to control that, and whose fault is it, now that you think about it? Huh? Please answer in a thoughtful way.

As for the delays, you can cancel at any time, that is a clearly stated policy. Not trying to be rude, but if you are frustrated, and you seem to be, get out of line. Please. :2c:

Purple-Days,

catlady

I can understand that everyone is really excited and anxious to receive their PD -- it is known to be an extremely high quality product (and piece of art!). I think we all have to remember that this product is so exciting because the creators make it by hand and never reduce the quality level in order to produce these faster.

Tom and Pam, please please continue what you are doing, and how you are doing it. I am so glad that you have not been pressured to speed up production.

I recently ordered a PD to try out for my own medicinal use. I am currently using sativex (prescription spray cannabis) which costs 1500$/month. I am quite happy to wait in the queue because I know I will be receiving a great product.

I'm definitely not the first person to say this -- thanks to Tom and Pam for making the PD for us, and for keeping the price affordable, even though you could charge alot more!

catlady,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
To be honest, I have no idea why VapeNow would have test or beta LB's. My assumption was they didn't have a lot, but were given them as a promotional tools free of charge for personal use- then sold one to me. This could very well be incorrect. You know the saying what happens when you "assume". Maybe it stood true with my statement. Sorry. But I guess neither of us knows for sure.

VapeNow states on their site they use the vapes they sell. I appreciate this. They are a solid vendor for great products with an almost cult following like the LB and PD, both products not found from other vendors. That is much appreciated.

On an off note. My counter-offer was accepted this morning on my first house. This was still pending last night when I wrote my last post. I was slightly on edge. But I feel a bit relived now, pending a house inspection and appraisal for the value I offered I will be a home owner. Having the PD RIGHT THIS SECOND, seems slightly less important this afternoon.

IAmKrazy2,

Purple-Days

Congrats on the house. Living on edge can spill over sometimes. Believe me, I know. ;)

I suppose what I was getting at was that MF sent units to be sold, or they would not have been sold. MF stood behind their product with great service. They (MF) maybe made a mistake (maybe!) in sending out 'early' units (I have no idea what you recieved or anything about this other than your post). Stellar customer service (by MF), as you state, and what you and VapeNow expect from the vendor, followed. ;) Not really VapeNow's mistake, after all, IMO.

Now, I gotta get back to work. :cool:

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
Nice post catlady (I have a 'catlady' at my house too ;) ). I hope the PD can eliminate your outrageous monthly expense.

IAmKrazy2, I don't know what happened with your LB purchase from Vapenow, but like Tom, I know the owner, and there's no way he would have intentionally sold you a beta model in place of a production unit. I'm quite sure that if you'd contacted Vapenow, they would have switched out the unit for you just like MF did. At any rate, kudos to Magic Flight for having the best warranty service in the business. :tup:

max,

Rebus Canebus

;)

catlady said:
I recently ordered a PD to try out for my own medicinal use. I am currently using sativex (prescription spray cannabis) which costs 1500$/month.
Hi Catlady,good attitude to have. I was under the impression Sativex was still in clinical trials here in the US? They sell a spray here in Cali at the MM dispensaries that is similiar and a whole lot cheaper. I don't know how well it works never having tried it myself, it was recommended to a friend by his doctor. Man $1500 a month is insane for Sativex, however if it provides you relief I suppose it's worth it. Hope your PD arrives soon.

Rebus Canebus,

VapeNow

Vapor Enthusiast
Retailer
IAmKrazy2 said:
It is tough for VapeNow, no doubt. Tom get's all the praise for the PD, and I am sure VapeNow gets to deal with all the frustration involved with waiting. Not easy. That being said, I will now mention something else VapeNow did that frustrated me, and I never once mentioned it previously on this forum. When i first ordered my LB, VapeNow charged me the full amount but really only sold me a beta test model. The same models they likely received free of charge from MagicFlight. Magic flight has stellar customer service, and sent me a new box ASAP. But selling me a beta, that clearly didn't work as well as the finished product wasn't cool. This has helped to fuel my frustration I believe. Over-promised and under-delivered yet again.
Magic Flight sent us the wrong versions for our first order so three customers got the beta box without us knowing the weren't getting the whole kit. We apologize for any inconvenience, but it sounds like MF has righted things. Don't get upset, just ask, we'll help to the best of our abilities.

VapeNow,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
My order just shipped. 2 days short of 7 weeks from my June 10th order. Finally happy. Keeping my fingers crossed for a Wednesday arrival, cause I won't have a day off after Wednesday for 7 more days. My house inspection is Wednesday at 10am and the PD after would just be nice.

IAmKrazy2,

masejl12

Just received my PD today, warming up as we speak (10 min to go). It is absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks Tom and Pam you guys are great.

masejl12,

max

Out to lunch
masejl12 said:
Just received my PD today, warming up as we speak (10 min to go). It is absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks Tom and Pam you guys are great.
What was the time period between your order and delivery?

max,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
My PD arrived today. Lot's of attention to detail taken in presentation and packaging. My PD purple bottom actually doesn't have a logo stamped on it at all, but i like it that way. Was surprised it was plain, but prefer it.

Already ran through 3 stems after a 50min warm up time. First time I tried blowing into the muslin bag i got more on myself than in the bag. One stem was the learning curve there i guess.

It is a very simple transition for LB owners, and it felt a little like a short stem on my LB with all the heat. I am easily able to get 4 big hits, and had no learning curve for technique. I actually really wanna go to the local headshop this evening for a 18mm to 14mm attachment for my glass vape bong. Thanks Tom, and you too VapeNow. I'm going to do another stem.

IAmKrazy2,

Purple-Days

The purple leather used to have a stamp with our logo and URL but after the authorities grabbed a PD or two we decided to go stealthy, no name or other identifiers on the unit or bags.

Purple-Days,

masejl12

I really like the plain purple leather, how often should I treat the unit for buzz butter? Looks like having a unit stamped on the bottom is a collectible now.

masejl12,

max

Out to lunch
how often should I treat the unit for buzz butter?
As often or seldom as you like. I usually do mine about twice a month. Let it sit and soak up the BB for a while, then buff it up slick and shiny.

Looks like having a unit stamped on the bottom is a collectible now.
Not as collectible as an LED unit, especially if it still lights up. ;)

max,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Does the new tube design still fit into a 14.5 GoG?
nevermind this post... reposted question in PD thread...

so back on track with this thread? what numbers are we up too in orders now (Guess somewhere in the high 2020's?)

DevoTheStrange,

Melizzard

masejl12 said:
I ordered on June 11 and received July 28, so 46 days. Well worth the wait.:D
Lucky you. I ordered on June 19 and was just told it'll be another 3 weeks before it even ships. :( I had to give them our new address because we're moving in a couple of weeks.

When I ordered it, the website said there was a wait list, but not that it was 2+ months. Probably would've gone w/a Magic Flight if I'd known ... as a medical user (cancer), who uses it for appetite and pain relief, sometimes I need help 'now,' and waiting for my E to warm up each time is an eternity!

Oh well ... sigh ... it is what it is.

xxoo
Melissa

Melizzard,

max

Out to lunch
what numbers are we up too in orders now (Guess somewhere in the high 2020's?)
A better way to judge the wait time is to post order date and delivery date.
masejl12 said:
I ordered on June 11 and received July 28, so 46 days.
Melizzard said:
waiting for my E to warm up each time is an eternity!
In your situation I'd just leave it on. It won't noticeably increase your electric bill and the E can certainly stand up to the 'ready to go' mode. ;)

max,

thepope

I ordered another one July 20 If I remember correctly,and got #2292. But it is just a spare or to sell to a good friend so there is no rush.

thepope,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
max said:
A better way to judge the wait time is to post order date and delivery date.
masejl12 said:
I ordered on June 11 and received July 28, so 46 days.
[
Was just wondering where they are up too now in shipped.. I ordered mine June 13th, 2039... still waiting... but since it is so close, kinda hard not too get excited...... but I am guessing sometime next week, which would be a week longer than your order.

DevoTheStrange,

Rebus Canebus

Would it be reasonable to ask about a weekly update from Vapenow? Maybe IAmKrazy2 was right when he said shipments are every other week now? In spite of my best efforts to be quiet and patient, I'm Jonesin for some info!

Rebus Canebus,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom