Purple-Days availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplechango

Ive been skimming through the thread here and I love the idea that the PD people are taking the time and effort to put some love into the PD.

THere have been numerous other products that have sold out to the cookie cutter as soon as they got hot. Then there is always the the people who take advantage of a difficult situation (ie ebay ass holes and what not)

At any rate I do feel for everyone, especially me since i have no vape at all yet. Now the vape gods must have been smilin on me because a buddy of mine has two...why? idk.....,... but he does, and with lots of pain parting with one of them...

so I am really lucky. I had attempted to do the back order thing, I was 2207.........

purplechango,

masejl12

You are very lucky, I wish I could say one of my friends had an extra they could spare but none of them have a vape. Take a few tokes for me, hopefully my PD will be becoming soon. :peace:

masejl12,

max

Out to lunch
pyronym said:
I always look for crap on ebay and even though I have no need for a pd at this point but some douche bag has one on ebay for friggen $275 recockulous. I hate people that do things like that. I'll buy one to compare to my myrtlezap at some point but I'll wait till the backlog is gone.
This greedy seller got 5 offers but apparently wasn't satisfied with any of them. The auction ended and he's relisted it. Hopefully he'll get no offers at all this time. :/

max,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I leave for work in an hour, was hoping someone would post that they had received a confirmation today, but no luck so far. Almost ordered a MZap several times, just so I could have both, and I would have something to play with till I get my PD. I decided I better wait. No need for me to put in more money right now, I should only be a couple weeks away from receiving.

IAmKrazy2,

kevintech

iamkrazy2, yeah i dont believe in spending more money just to have something to play with before pd comes. i think good things come to those who wait. i'm betting we'll be getting ours in august (hopefully earlier)

kevintech,

masejl12

What time would Vapenow email you if it were to ship? I'm in the same boat at 2024, I think I've become obsessed with checking my email hoping to see the email that it has shipped. I have to keep my mind off of it.

masejl12,

Purple-Days

Prankster, I am not an artist. I am a craftsman.

Prankster says, "Open up a manufacture and give some people that need jobs a place to work in the community." Uhhh, you must not know Port Orford. ;) We are a very small town in the middle of nowhere. Maybe 800 people in the off season. Maybe half that number are able to work (age, abilities etc.). Those who want work have jobs, those that don't are tweakers and thieves. There is nobody here who is looking for work, and the nearest town is a 50 mile commute.

"if you have no expertise in that sort of thing you hire someone that does.", says Prankster. Uhhh, see above.

And don't even think of suggesting moving to another town (or wtf a city). :rolleyes: And I sure ain't gonna be the commuter. Nope, not interested in, "everyone gets a dose of happy". I want people to be happy, but their happiness is dependent on them, not me.

Max, I think those 'bids' were his own, if you follow me. Not just greedy, deceptive too. Have fun scalper (ML). :p :lol:

Now, back to work... :)

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Purple-Days said:
Those who want work have jobs, those that don't are tweakers and thieves.
Personally I think the new administration should address the scary way meth has taken ahold of this nation, small towns and cities alike... war on drugs is chasing the wrong prize pig...

IMO I think that the purple days availability is most likely going too operate in cycles, your going too see huge spikes, orders are going too taper off, the back orders will catch up, and once word gets out that they are available again... BOOM shoots right back up too a 2-3+ month wait list again...
and the whole time Tom will be working as much as he always does, on his end nothing will change, have a nice steady work week, ship out the made units, and onto the next batch of fresh wood...
I personally think it is an interesting real world proof of supply and demand on a small scale.
I think those willing too wait out list whenever it does appear know what they are getting and deem the long wait something that you just have too go through. Then you will have periods where the wait list goes way down and a bunch of lucky individuals who don't have too wait much at all.

would I be correct in assuming that the orders confirmed shipped are somewhere in the 1980's? or is higher than that now?

DevoTheStrange,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I don't think they are into the 1980's numbers yet. i think last confirmation posted here was 1960 something and that was over two weeks ago. Hasn't been any leaving VapeNow in a bit. I'm hoping they have a whole bunch just waiting, and i'll be part of the next set of shipments. But I am thinking, I'd better not hold my breath. Like others, monday-friday i compulsively check this thread, and then my emails hoping for a confirmation. My lease on this apartment only has about another 6 weeks, so I sure hope it's here before then. I am out looking for houses on the market currently, and not planning on going back to apartment life.

IAmKrazy2,

lwien

Prankster said:
This is definitely a situation of an artist in business. As I'm sure everyone out there is thinking. If I were Tom I would simply take the patent and the calculated number of back orders and hit up a bank for a small business loan. Open up a manufacture and give some people that need jobs a place to work in the community. It is possible to control your parts when its your business and if you have no expertise in that sort of thing you hire someone that does. If he did then he could turn around and make a more polished special edition product for his friends and everyone gets a dose of happy.
Typically, when one drafts up a business plan, they do it to accommodate THEIR desires and lifestyle choices. Tom and Pammy have done just that and are very satisfied with the plan they've been following. Changing it to make everyone else happy and in the process diminish the lifestyle that they are currently enjoying makes no sense whatsoever.

lwien,

Prankster

lwien said:
Prankster said:
This is definitely a situation of an artist in business. As I'm sure everyone out there is thinking. If I were Tom I would simply take the patent and the calculated number of back orders and hit up a bank for a small business loan. Open up a manufacture and give some people that need jobs a place to work in the community. It is possible to control your parts when its your business and if you have no expertise in that sort of thing you hire someone that does. If he did then he could turn around and make a more polished special edition product for his friends and everyone gets a dose of happy.
Typically, when one drafts up a business plan, they do it to accommodate THEIR desires and lifestyle choices. Tom and Pammy have done just that and are very satisfied with the plan they've been following. Changing it to make everyone else happy and in the process diminish the lifestyle that they are currently enjoying makes no sense whatsoever.
No. Typically one draws up a business plan in order to explain to another why their product or idea is worth investment by another entity. Obviously my entire observation of both the personalities and the situation was incorrect. I have withdrawn my comment.

Prankster,

Purple-Days

Yeah, Prankster, I just thought I would explain. It just isn't the usual biz situation. Not to mention I was retired.. So it's sorta an income making hobby that got entirely out of control. Not at all the normal small biz plan. If I was 30ish and living in a city, your suggestions would be valid. Still, maybe not what I would do, but they would make more sense for a more ambitious and younger person. :peace:

Dave says, "the scary way meth has taken ahold of this nation, small towns and cities alike..." We hear about it in this small town all the time. :o :rolleyes: :/ :(

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
max,

Rebus Canebus

Purple-Days said:
Yeah, Prankster, I just thought I would explain. It just isn't the usual biz situation. Not to mention I was retired.. So it's sorta an income making hobby that got entirely out of control.
Tom, it looks like you don't want to become a victim of your own success! The good thing here is that you are still firmly in control. In the words of Ricky Nelson "You can't please everybody so you've got to please yourself". I'd like to let you and Pammy know that I appreciate the effort required to bring the PD to our door. The videos highlight the craftsmanship and care you put into every one. It's no wonder people are standing in line for them.

Rebus Canebus,

Purple-Days

Rebus I love your user name. Man, what a name for a band?

The answer is NO! I, "don't want to become a victim of your own success... "I've told the Garage Door Man story... A Vette wouldn't make me happier. I have ALL I want. It's hard to move a man who is happy. :ninja:

Purple-Days,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
wow, that's only 9 orders from me! please please please soon! they are moving faster now that there is probably less PD orders and more plain VapeNow orders.

IAmKrazy2,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
IAmKrazy2 said:
wow, that's only 9 orders from me! please please please soon! they are moving faster now that there is probably less PD orders and more plain VapeNow orders.
one can only hope yes? (knocks on wood) but from the last reported until these last few reported over the last few days, is a considerable jump from mid 1980's too 2008 in a weeks time. Looks like it is possible that a bunch of the vape now orders are more typical vape orders and less PD's. but can only hope this is true. not going too get into an excited mood until the reported number breaks 2030

DevoTheStrange,

wthanna

I have been reading on this forum for some time, and based on what I've read, this seems to be the perfect addition to my vaporizer family. I have the Extreme, the Launch Box, and will keep you posted on the progress of the Purple Days. I love the quality craftsmanship I've seen go into this product and can't wait to get it home.

This was cut and pasted from my order on Tuesday July 14.

Thanks for shopping with us today!
The following are the details of your order.
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 2273
Date Ordered: Tuesday 14 July, 2009
Products
1 x Purple Days Vaporizer (B001FP8JK2) = $180.00
Purple Days Bottom Original Purple Leather with Logo
Sub-Total: $180.00
Shipping: $0.00
Total: $180.00

wthanna,