Purging Shatter

dodo

Ok guys so just finishing up vac purging a shatter patty... so something that happened made me think.....Is it even possible to fully purge shatter? here is why I ask....now just for the sake of conversation lets say its at 100 deg (not the actual temp just even number for conversation) now if I vac pull for about 3 days...now at full vac over those days the bubbles come less and less so now toward the end at full vac and like I said 100 deg all the bubbles eventually pop and everything settles down...now I notice a few small bubbles that are essentially stuck because the oil is now so thick. Now if I turn the heat up a lil (lets say I turn it to 105 deg) the oil gets thinner and those bubbles are now able to come out. but now that you turn the heat up some small bublles start again and we are back to the beginning...but at the same time you cant turn it to much cause then it wont stay nice and good shatter right? so how do you really get all the bubbles out and keep it in its shatter state? or should I have just stoped when it was full vac at 100 deg even tho there were a few small stuck bubbles...maybe by that point the amount of butane left is so miniscule that its no big?? any info would help I am doing another run today... thanks guys!

dodo

I haven't tried the winterizing thing yet but have been doing a lil reading on it one thing I cant find a answer that anyone agrees on is how much you get back lets say you had 5 gr of bho shatter after you winterize how much do youy loose on average of corse????

Deleted Member 1643

how much do youy loose on average

You "lose" mainly undesirable constituents that precipitate in cold ethanol. These bind to the paper when you filter it, polishing the extract. The loss of cannabinoids is minimal as these are very soluble in cold ethanol. Alternatively, you could extract in cold ethanol to begin with (QWET).

Deleted Member 1643,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

dodo

yeh I have done QWISO not with ethanol tho ill give it a shot and see what comes out....one of the batches I just did was real hard hits so ill use that see how things work out..thanks ill update when I get something done

Top Bottom