Puregold Alternatives & Similars

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
So i am curious if there is anything similar to Puregold. Concentrates that are 'branded' so to say. A concentrate in which you can expect a similar product every single time.

I love puregold, but want a concentrate with more CBD/CBN.

After seeing that Sanjay Gupta special that Charlottes Web strain sounds incredible. Very beneficial with low THC for those who dont want to get 'high' and high CBD/CBN for lots of medicinal benefits. I had been interested in high CBD/CBN strain experience before that but thats aside the point.

But sticking to the same question, is there any concentrate similar to Puregold with higher CBD/CBN that are consistent in there quality?

baltik

My local dispensaries do carry a CBD oil in a syringe although I suspect this is a simple BHO/Co2 extraction of a CBD dominant strain as opposed to the more refined Pure Gold

baltik,

Caligula

Maximus
^^^^^
Organalabs produces a sour diesel CO2 oil that is the closest thing I have ever seen to PureGold.
Except it tasted like pungent Sour Diesel instead of orange/citrus.

I see it for 50/g (2 half gram syringes)
@Porquiplane

Are you in San Diego? Cheapest I can find is $30/0.5g... still worth it and cheaper than PG.

Caligula,

SD_haze

Are you in San Diego? Cheapest I can find is $30/0.5g... still worth it and cheaper than PG.
Soothing solutions in Pacific Beach has it for 30half or 50 for two.

They also have daily gifts that add on! Compassionate place.

SD_haze,
Reactions: Caligula

baltik

I believe organalabs is cut with Glycerin - so actually a worse deal than PG

baltik,

Caligula

Maximus
I believe organalabs is cut with Glycerin - so actually a worse deal than PG

You're thinking of the preloaded carts for their "o pen". It's been suggested those are cut with PG or VG so the atomizer feeds properly. The product in the syringes is uncut which is pretty evident by how vicious (thick) it is at room temp.

@me2 by definition C02 extracted concentrates are not BHOs.

@SD_haze is that place in PB delivery only?

Last edited:
Caligula,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
The product in the syringes is uncut which is pretty evident by how vicious (thick) it is at room temp.
Viscous.

To comment, I would develop a relationship with a trusted dispensary, or an individual, who does extremely high-quality runs, using vacuum purging, and request very high CBD & Indica strains.

I am anticipating a nice batch of Beaver Dawg done as honey oil in a couple of weeks.

I have tried the WA version of PG... called WAM oil here... and, it was unimpressive for the price. I found getting some local run oil by someone passionate and meticulous has been way, way better. at about $30 a gram.

Enchantre,

IamBenito

Formerly me2
caligula- bho is not c02. fully aware.
all blondes in sd are really blondes.

c02 in 99% of cases is bho with a bit of modifier in it.
organalabs blasts fans and trim then hits the final with a bit of polyglycol(sp) to change the constancy.
this bit o' knowledge is from a man who blasted from them.

o-pen carts are the same with 45% more cut.

IamBenito,

Caligula

Maximus

Auto correct.

@me2 I understand most concentrates billed as C02 extracted are not true to the claim, however did you work with or review MedWest's SCF C02 extraction process? They make the product for Organalabs in CA (each state Organalabs sells in has their own lab/processing facility IIRC). From reading up on it and speaking to clubs that carry their products, it seems on the up and up.

In any regard, I see people state issues with the OL products being cut however I haven't seen any testing done. It's there any proof to this other than heresy and scuttlebutt? Not saying you're wrong, but I like to research things and not take people's word on stuff.

Regardless, I do like their product. I find it medicates better than Pure Gold and the taste is amazing. I also find it lasts longer in my vape than Pure Gold as well. Basically if it works better, lasts longer, and tastes better while being cheaper, it's a viable alliterative to Pure Gold in my book.

All that aside, I feel that the OL syringes meet the OPs criteria as laid out in his post.

Last edited:
Caligula,
Reactions: bruno13

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
So is OL stuff (besides their preloaded CARTRIDGES) cut with prop-gylcol? Just with a 'brand name' and science based company you can expect consistent results. Tetralabs has been very forthright with their info and tests. when i asked them about LD (lethal dose) they responded and put everything outright via their engineering department. LD isnt a concern, but more a an example of that they will talk about their product and are knowledgeable about it and can provide results. Id take complete removal of toxic substance products (Puregold) over pesticide-sprayed or 'cut' or solvent extracted products any day. even ice-water stuff is bad at times (plant material of any kind + water + time = mold). Thanks for all the responses.

OL will be looked into, depending on availability.

Porquiplane,

Caligula

Maximus
No, only the carts ... they even say its mixed with PG on the cart package. OT, have you used PG? I find it rather lacking in taste and effect.

Also I say skip the 1701s and get a Hercules SR71.

Caligula,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
OT? Maybe thats referring to moi?

anyways, yes. puregold has been tried. As was said above, over any bo-hunk made 'bho' or 'wax' or some other concentrate made by 'billy bobs uncle scotts friend jeff', Puregold has consistency.

In my eyes, does it taste better than flamed flowers? Does it work better? Is it consistent in taste and effects?

yes, yes, yes. All the harm has been removed. and the problem with flowers is they are extremely inconsistent. If CO2 is made from various flowers, it also has inconsistencies and impurities. Yes Puregold is made from flowers, but the process is so lengthy and thorough that in the end you only have EXACTLY what you want from it.

With the OrganaLabs stuff, from batch to batch they wont be the same or have the same effects every time. This weeks OG will differ from the week afters Blueberry. Its that inconsistency i dislike to every extent. When the vape is used, want the same experience each time. Knowing every time it will work. Its like a safety device. Like a rescue inhaler, cant take the chance of an inconsistency.

So CONSISTENCY is the key to this. Other than Tetralabs, i dont believe there is any company/corporation/individual/dispensary that has anything of the puregold caliber.

Im not saying it is the Holygrail, but it has something many other things in the industry cant say they have. Consistency between batch to batch. To me, puregold has been a huge saver in the health field. Though i personally would love to try Puregold Plus (more flavour), but its not an option (not from the west coast).

But as from the responses, the only thing people say is comparable is the OL stuff. Which sounds like a tested CO2 wax/oil. Havent had CO2 before, but again, it most likely varies from batch to batch.

Chill Dude

Porquiplane,

I agree, Pure Gold will be more consistent mainly because it's the same every time. OTOH, Organa Labs has numerous strains in the sativa, indica and hybrid categories. Organa Labs Honey Oil also has the full spectrum of cannabinoids while Pure Gold is mainly just THC ( at least that's the way I understand it). For me, variety is great!! Sometimes I like a heavy indica, sometimes more of a sativa for daytime, and of course they all have different flavor profiles which takes boredom out of the picture. I guess whatever floats your boat. If you want variety of effect, strain and taste Organa Labs makes more sense. However, if you're after consistency of taste and effect, then Pure Gold is the obvious choice....

Last edited:

PeteSeattle

Dama oil just came out with their "vapor" line of carts. Each has serial # so you can look up the batch online for details ... just like their syringes. Price point directly competes with Pure Gold. Maybe because I haven't vaped PGold for a while but this Dama Vapor is hits pretty decent.

edit: looks like an offering only in WA as of now

Last edited:
PeteSeattle,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom