Pure Gold Alternatives in Northwest

shortwind

I have seen a number of advertisements for PureGold Tetra Labs products....unfortunately they are not available here in Oregon where I am a legal patient. I do have access to many dispensaries here in the Portland metro area...and legal herb will eventually be available across the river in Vancouver, WA. In particular, I saw one product I was especially interested in....a wet oral "spray" that sounded like a good alternative for me since I have chronic persistent moderate to severe asthma. I have been vaping for about 3 or so years, mainly with a MFLB. In the last few months, even vaping is causing me substantial coughing, bronchospasm, etc. I also use an assortment of edibles....but the swift results of vaping are what I need on a daily basis. Does anyone know of any comparable "spray" or other PureGold similar type products in the Portland, OR area or in the nearby Vancouver, WA area? Your feedback is appreciated!

shortwind,

Caligula

Maximus
The spray is weak. I'd say its good for someone who wants to try to medicate without getting "high" or for people with zero tolerance. Quite honestly, a good edible would work much better. In fact Pure Gold makes gel caps as well which are much more potent than that spray. I've also seen quite a few other gel cap products from other companies all over the MMJ collectives here in CA. One place even has THC strips that dissolved under your tongue... which reminds me, OL's website says their products should be available in WA soon. Check this out;

http://www.organalabs.com/cannatabs.htm

Caligula,

sasNW

I'm up in Seattle, the quickest acting alternative to smoking for you would be tincture IMO. Most the shit sold in shops up here are weak as hell. But it's not hard to find a grower or non-shop related distributor that can make it to the strength you need. Thc strips work as well as some other novelty type concoctions. But they are harder to get and proper tincture is pretty damn quick. Best of luck with your condition:peace:

grokit

well-worn member
Edibles hit much harder and faster on an empty stomach, but you probably already knew that.

grokit,
Reactions: Caligula

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have chronic persistent moderate to severe asthma. I have been vaping for about 3 or so years, mainly with a MFLB. In the last few months, even vaping is causing me substantial coughing, bronchospasm, etc. I also use an assortment of edibles....but the swift results of vaping are what I need on a daily basis. Does anyone know of any comparable "spray" or other PureGold similar type products in the Portland, OR area or in the nearby Vancouver, WA area? Your feedback is appreciated!
Shortwind:

We are all different however I can't use a MFLB without coughing.
Pure Gold I use sparingly.
Gives me a splitting headache.
High in THC.
Too bad TERA LABS doesn't make a High CBD version?

Chase Flavor and the desired effects will follow!

Get a better vaporizer for starters.

ataxian,

grokit

well-worn member
Or...
1302574267canna_cola_slider_02.jpg

There are stronger ones out there than these, including a green dragon branded soda.

Last edited:
grokit,

sasNW

Just so no one is confused green dragon is just slang for tincture. Some medical patients come asking just wanted to keep that clear. We also have many cbd capsules up here that seem to work for many patients like you.

I'd try to find some tincture/green dragon, and strongly advise against buying any sodas or pre mixed drink, no offense grokit. I have yet to find a brand where you aren't paying pretty much double the medicinal value for the novelty.
I'd really suggest finding someone who does it personally. I've always found it a much better deal and stronger if you really need it as a longer term medicine:2c:

Also I have to agree with ataxian. While the mflb is great for some, it's about as harsh on the throat as a vape can be IMO. If you can afford it I'd really suggest a solo and a water piece. I'm sure your throat would be much happier

Caligula

Maximus
I've yet to have a premixed drink that worked for me. Only time I felt anything was with a "soda" that literally had chunks of hash floating in it. I could feel them hitting my throat when I drank it. Basically could have done the same by throwing a few points of bubble hash into a coke. Completely defeated the novelty/purpose of it being in a liquid too.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I've tried the WAM oil, which is quick similar (if not identical) to the Gold oils, and the oil itself, as a concentrate, seems okay (tested, consistent) if a little high-priced. I've used the pen vape system, where you get the pre-filled (cut with something like PG/VG) tanks, and was less impressed.

My own tincture hits harder. I used Vitolo's basic recipe, and a dropperful under the tongue hits like a brick.

Enchantre,
Reactions: Caligula

grokit

well-worn member
I'd try to find some tincture/green dragon, and strongly advise against buying any sodas or pre mixed drink, no offense grokit.

None taken! I should add that I have not tried any of these pre-mixed drinks but I wish I could find the one I was reading about recently. Supposedly has as much thc as 5-6 kgb joints and hits like a truck.

But I don't remember where I read it, perhaps a daily dank or something so I posted the colorful ones.
:hmm:

grokit,

shortwind

Hi Everyone:
Thank you all for the feedback!! FYI, back in SoCal a few years ago, I tried tinctures from several sources. For some reason I GOT ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECTS. Perhaps I was using it wrong?! Or it just doesn't work for me. Here in Oregon, sometime in the last year, I made my own tincture from a Green Dragon recipe I found somewhere here on F/C (forgot where exactly). I made it from MFLB AVB. If I took about 6 drops, it was extremely potent....a bit too potent for everyday use as I don't want to build up too much tolerance. I use the herb for relaxation, insomnia relief, pain relief and recreation. Insomnia relief is the main goal. I also make a very potent firecracker edible from MFLB AVB, also don't want to use too often (it tends to fall into the "recreation" category). Recently, I have been trying some edible hash oil from a local club that is very potent and only requires a small amount, but, again, worry about tolerance. Also, anything I have tried orally, from my own tincture to edible hash oil to firecrackers, etc., takes an hour usually to kick in...on an EMPTY stomach. Maybe I will try another tincture from one of my local clubs. By the way, there are so many here to choose from, I have only tried about 4 or 5, so recommendations for Portland, OR clubs are welcome!

shortwind,
Top Bottom