Puffco Proxy

biohacker

what's the safety on using simple green to clean the 3d chamber? I assume soaking the whole atomizer in simple green would be bad but filling the chamber should be fine?

I wouldn't use anything but 99% iso. And a little baking soda/iso paste to scrub the problem areas. Just make sure to soak/rinse with iso properly after the baking soda. Using anything with so much water content like simple green or dark crystal cleaner is just asking for problems IMO.

Easter Egg mode is WAY too hot at 620f! Gotta pay attention and make sure the load size is appropriate.

Last edited:

Petetbay

I was looking for the answer to the question is the Proxy 3D chamber bottom glazed like the Pro 3D chamber? I thought it was, but don’t why I thought that and looking around I can’t seem to find that info anywhere, even Puffco Proxy cleaning info doesn’t give the warning the Pro had about thermal shock with the 3d chamber. :hmm:

edit: found the answer 420tools write up”Thanks to the ceramic glazing in the chamber and the removable glass design, cleaning an E-Rig has never been easier.”

Last edited:

biohacker

What carb cap are you all preferring!? My go to is the stock oculus with 3mm pearl although the ball cap is decent (just work lol).

I use the stock glass exclusively for now...air hole AWAY from the mouthpiece..... makes a night and day difference for me in terms of comfort and enjoyment. Can barely even use it the other way, but i've been testing waaaaay too much over the past weeks!

Proxy on fam! :rockon:

GetLeft

What carb cap are you all preferring!?
I just use my Proxy as it came, with the stock cap, no add-ons. I just give the chamber a quick wipe after use. Its size makes it a breeze (easier than my Daab insert which is also pretty easy to keep clean). I adore my Proxy so far and can't imagine needing anything else to fully enjoy my concentrates. Enjoyed it with the stock glass too before the arrival of my bubbler but since the arrival of the bubbler its all bubbler all the time.

What carb cap are you all preferring!? My go to is the stock oculus with 3mm pearl although the ball cap is decent (just work lol).

I use the stock glass exclusively for now...air hole AWAY from the mouthpiece..... makes a night and day difference for me in terms of comfort and enjoyment. Can barely even use it the other way, but i've been testing waaaaay too much over the past weeks!

Proxy on fam! :rockon:

Still rocking my Paulson cap, works perfectly. I’m also using the stock glass most of the time, air hole facing away is definitely the move.

Kovacs (98%), OTP (1.5%), Proxy Ball (0.5%). Sticky Brick Stack (90%), Wizard pipe (8%), stock hammer (2%).

You dig the stack? The base they sell for it looks like a pretty slick setup. What kind of piece do you use with it? I don’t think I’ve ever seen photos of the stack in the wild!

letter never sent,
Reactions: florduh

LesPlenty

Company Rep
These look interesting and reasonably priced,

4-Aces King-High

These look interesting and reasonably priced,
Liking the color choices on that WP. I Have the two-lip version of the PROXY,my temporary solution to the coming-out of device Is A Gasket from one of my battery powered vapes. the gasket being thin sits well between the Two-Lips thereby giving a tight seal. The Puffco website keeps buffering so the Gasket is temporary until I can hopefully get on the website to get an RMA for an exchange.Liking the PROXY very much .MJ Has an underside 14mm available and one on the way.Bought the travel pipe just in case the glass decides to shatter,got it within an hour of receiving the Proxy(thanks Phil) Cheers to Everyone.

4-Aces King-High

Liking the color choices on that WP. I Have the two-lip version of the PROXY,my temporary solution to the coming-out of device Is A Gasket from one of my battery powered vapes. the gasket being thin sits well between the Two-Lips thereby giving a tight seal. The Puffco website keeps buffering so the Gasket is temporary until I can hopefully get on the website to get an RMA for an exchange.Liking the PROXY very much .MJ Has an underside 14mm available and one on the way.Bought the travel pipe just in case the glass decides to shatter,got it within an hour of receiving the Proxy(thanks Phil) Cheers to Everyone.
The Proxy Is the best concentrate device I have ,sold off everything else cheap.It is consistent and imo the glazed ceramic bowl makes cleaning a breeze Along with the heated sides make vaping a Dab Enjoyable and Efficient.Thumbs Up Puffco Proxy.

fangorn

hi hi everyone!

I received 2 packages today... My first concentrates... and the proxy (big investment...!! 🫣)

So, I start with the concentrates,
and I'm starting with the Proxy.

(It's a detail but I bought several grams of live resin at wccannabis, and I opted for the desert version of the Proxy)

I will come back to the experience but the effects produced by two grains of rice are... wow! I know you already know this, but this is all new to me! it's a success on that side! 🙃😁
one grain of rice was not enough for me, two is a bit too much!

Now in terms of taste, and the experience itself, I have a few questions...
the easiest way would be to be patient and keep experimenting, but it wouldn't be reasonable, at this stage, to take other grains of rice...

So I washed everything before using...glass and chamber in iso, silicone in soapy water. Left the room to dry*. rinsed off the rest.

[*as I'm writing I think maybe I didn't let it dry long enough, but I probably let it dry for an hour...]

So for questions:

- Reassure me, the taste/smell of silicone will subside and then almost disappear?

-Is it normal that during heating, there is steam coming out of the carb of the cap (I put the version with the transport accessories?)

-I should have taken pictures... once your session is over, is it normal that there are residues left in the chamber? damn' I should have taken pictures... yes it's normal, but in what proportions? I have the impression of "wasting" the concentrate...
well, I'm going to experiment, watch videos and improve my technique...
Is there a trick to know when "it's over"?

-Has the smell of the carrying case gone for anyone? I put mine on the balcony for now... but it reminds me of items where the smell never left... It's unimaginable that I store or carry the proxy in it for the instant!

(ok...I just realized that I only have portable wooden, steel or glass vaporizers left...none with proxy materials...nor any more that are regulated.. . I have to give this unit some time...!)

A few other remarks...

-For the moment I find that you have to press the button really hard. I would have preferred a little less.

- Visually I like the desert version. the whole is rather beautiful. Really unfortunate, even annoying, that the glass is not flat on the underside. I installed the silicone accessory from the transport pack, but it's less pretty!

-I like the texture of the base. I find it much smaller than I imagined!

-Overall I liked the experience... are we talking about "dab" with the proxy?

- I am disturbed by the smell of steam released during heating... I don't know if it's normal or not, even if I tend to believe not. maybe there was residue despite washing... maybe there was iso residue (although I doubt it)... maybe the Sweet Diesel gives off an odor particular .. or maybe there are electronics that heat up too much ...
or maybe... (ok, who comes to my house to give me a lesson on the use of concentrates and tell me if it's normal 😁?)

I will probably answer my own questions with a little experience... but these questions made my experience mixed!

On the other hand, I've never had a crush (okay, once!) and it always took me a little while to love my vaporizers!

Okay, thanks for reading. Sorry for the novel.
And I'm going to redo one anyway to see...

Edit : photo

Last edited:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Welcome to the world of dab @fangorn , grab a headband and lean into the terp sweats on that two grain load, a heavy dab (for your personal tolerance) gives a hard wave up front, but it simmers after a bit into fantastic experiences!

All normal, the one but that you may experience more or less is the silicone, I don’t taste it at all, and never did. Some are just more sensitive in the palate, hopefully it fades for you. Clean up with a moist swab when still warm; from time to time a quick swab with iso and you’ll be good. If buildup gets excessive the chamber pops out and can be soaked in iso.

florduh

@fangorn if you're talking about the "robot fart" smell fresh out the box, I got rid of it by leaving it in a hot Floriduh car for a few hours.

IMO, you're overloading a bit, but you'll optimize that over time. You can also play around with heat settings. I prefer to see less reclaim after a heat cycle. You'll want to swab out the banger in between loads. As for when it's spent...that's sort of like dry herb. Some people like to vape the hell out of it, taste be damned. Others swab after the taste turns.

biohacker

That ballcap (like so many from puffco) sucks... way too much airflow... it's a lottery...I bought two and one is amazing and the other sucks. Same thing happened with peak pro ballcaps for me.... 2 guardian ballcaps were perfect, and 2 reg pro ballcaps were just way too open.

Best bet would be 3mm pearl and stock oculus, or get a better ballcap like from paulson. I'm thinking about getting one from 2MACH in addition to the caps for my Peak. I am now preferring the ballcap over oculus/pearl.

Timps27

Highly recommend the Kovacs spinner, if you already have a ball cap the Kovacs just slips in its place. With a 4mm ruby it’s a perfect consistent flow that makes the Proxy ‘feel’ closerish to a banger than anything I’ve found.

biohacker

Highly recommend the Kovacs spinner, if you already have a ball cap the Kovacs just slips in its place. With a 4mm ruby it’s a perfect consistent flow that makes the Proxy ‘feel’ closerish to a banger than anything I’ve found.

how is it better than the oculus? less mess?

biohacker,
Reactions: JCat

Timps27

how is it better than the oculus? less mess?

I admit I am not a fan of the Oculus at all; I found that to be too restrictive, on the other end the OTP was way too wide open and led to the only real mess I’ve had in the proxy (which was just a bit of blowout on the shell). The Kovacs is more flow than the Oculus so if you don’t want more than that it might not be the one.

Timps27,
Yeah, I really prefer my Paulson cap to the official ball cap. I started with the oculus, but the ball cap is superior IMO. I'd still be open to trying another spinner insert like the Kovacs one. I didn't really like dealing with a pearl though. I was using a 3mm ruby.

biohacker

I admit I am not a fan of the Oculus at all; I found that to be too restrictive, on the other end the OTP was way too wide open and led to the only real mess I’ve had in the proxy (which was just a bit of blowout on the shell). The Kovacs is more flow than the Oculus so if you don’t want more than that it might not be the one.

Actually that sounds perfect because it's the restricted airflow the creates the perfect environment for the opposite of sip it to rip it, so it creates a bit of a nightmare in the attty. This is why so many are raving about the 3DXL chamber for the peak pro, because you can pull as hard as you want and not worry about overflow.

I assume like a pearl with oculus it can be one and done?

biohacker,
Reactions: JCat

Timps27

You should be able to, I’m having a hard time recollecting at the moment, I’ve had the JCVap AlN chamber in my Proxy for the past few weeks, I do blue and green at most. But the downside of the JC is it’s bottom heat again, and I think with the Kovacs the swirl action alone it probably performs better on the 3D chamber (or whatever they are calling the sidewall heat for Proxy).

fangorn

Welcome to the world of dab @fangorn

Thanks 😁💚

All normal, the one but that you may experience more or less is the silicone, I don’t taste it at all, and never did. Some are just more sensitive in the palate, hopefully it fades for you. Clean up with a moist swab when still warm; from time to time a quick swab with iso and you’ll be good. If buildup gets excessive the chamber pops out and can be soaked in iso.

yeah, there really is this silicone smell that disturbs my sensory experience. but the proxy is barely out of the box so it's bound to fade. It remains to be seen how far it will fade.

but in terms of taste, I really have the impression that there is something else. I will see in use. I definitely need to do some more testing!

@fangorn if you're talking about the "robot fart" smell fresh out the box, I got rid of it by leaving it in a hot Floriduh car for a few hours.

yeah the expression "robot fart" could be closer to what I feel like I taste in addition to the smell of silicone.

and what? you left your proxy in a hot car for several hours? to get rid of the smell? or are you talking about the smell of the case?

Right now, I'm airing a part.
I took the chamber/bowl out of the unit and placed the silicone unit in a draft.
And I soak the silicone from travel accessories and cap in soapy water.

IMO, you're overloading a bit, but you'll optimize that over time. You can also play around with heat settings. I prefer to see less reclaim after a heat cycle. You'll want to swab out the banger in between loads.

yes you're probably right, the amount I used for the photo was slightly larger than for my previous tests. I experiment!
thanks for your advice !

As for when it's spent...that's sort of like dry herb. Some people like to vape the hell out of it, taste be damned. Others swab after the taste turns.

ok thank you, perfect answer... i understand very well!

Best bet would be 3mm pearl and stock oculus, or get a better ballcap like from paulson. I'm thinking about getting one from 2MACH in addition to the caps for my Peak. I am now preferring the ballcap over oculus/pearl.

Was this message addressed to me? or was it to resume the discussion above?
do you think the cap i'm using can really ruin the experience? the airflow is too open, right?
I can't spend $100 to modify the airflow right now!
But I can put the original cap back on and try it with a marble... you're talking about a simple glass marble, aren't you?

I see that your message has revived the discussion on the cap... 🤣
I will try to understand the nuances!

Last edited:

biohacker

Was this message addressed to me? or was it to resume the discussion above?
do you think the cap i'm using can really ruin the experience? the airflow is too open, right?
I can't spend $100 to modify the airflow right now!
But I can put the original cap back on and try it with a marble... you're talking about a simple glass marble, aren't you?

Yes, to you. Yes, too wide open airflow dilutes the vape output with too much air.
You don't need to spend $100 on a good cap. You can try the puffco ballcap, i've tried two, one is perfect and the other is "okay", they aren't expensive.
Not a glass marble, a gemstone like ruby or sapphire pearl, 3mm. Works great with oculus, but airflow is a touch restricted.

Ballcap is the way for me now.... pearl spinner just makes too much of a mess for my taste. Sure is fun though!

Top Bottom