Pros and cons of water use?

ColeThePilot

My Arizer Solo and V2 Pro have both given me a sore throat, runny nose, and a lot of congestion.

I'm wondering if it's because I've been vaping too frequently and I'm drying out, and I'd like to start getting help from some high quality water pieces like the EVO.

A lot of people online talk about how water actually filters out more cannabinoids than carcinogens, and how it's actually WORSE for you despite the common belief that water makes things more palatable.

What do you guys think? Pros/Cons from an actual health standpoint, rather than the more obvious bag/whip vs glass argument.

ColeThePilot,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I have always argued that water robs me of an amount of active compounds, I definitely get higher without water....

But I'm sure most will disagree and say the difference is negligible....

But after a night going through my bubbler, im not as high as without...

When I do use water, I use hot water, but unless the water is 200 degrees, the vapour will condense to the cooler area, causing loss...

I know I lose some to my wand and whip anyway, but I've worked out that there is less surface area in that than in my d020-d...

kellya86,
Reactions: Pyr0

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
I don't see any cons with water filteration apart keeping your glass clean and the cost if you get hooked on it. :)

I actually go a step further and filter my bubbler with hemp fibre also.

It's the smoothest experience and I get some of the biggest clouds and is my no#1 way to vape. With my Errl and bubbler I can sometimes produce in instant headrush effect because I can inhale more vapor per hit vaping this way.

I find the pros include less particulate, cooler more hydrated vapor and an overall more pleasant experience with less coughing and irritation.

I don't notice a loss of strength and when I remove my hemp fibre after a couple of bowls it's sticky and full of ultra fine avb particles.

Before I quit combusting I started putting cigarette filters in to my joints.

I was laughed at by tokers who said 'you can't get high with filters' well they were completely wrong.
In the end I was putting 3 filters in to a one skinner joint without noticing any loss of effects.

I do vape dry in my Daisy, Crafty, Vapman and Vapcap and sometime notice the taste is a bit stronger but it's just that first hit. After that there is no real difference in taste for me. :science:

Edited...

Last edited:

MinnBobber

I find the pros include less particulate, cooler more hydrated vapor and an overall more pleasant experience with less coughing and irritation.
X2
I find water filtration to be much better than without, with minimal loss of goodies----more than made up by the fact you can take much bigger hits than dry hits. IMO, vapor needs minimal cooling as it starts out about 500 F degrees cooler than combusted buds BUT all vapor is very very dry.
Bubbler helps greatly to moisturize and the warmer/hotter the water, the more it moisturizes.
Also, the warmer the water, the less condensation of goodies.

Water also is a natural filter of the micro-particles that get sucked upstream. Unless you use whole nugs and do not grind/ do not stir--you are getting micro particles upstream.
I examined my whips and bubblers "resin/reclaim" under a scope and it contains a lot of micro particles sucked out of the bowl as that vaped material is dry dry dry and lightweight and fragile, and easily sucked upstream. Like h3rbalist, I also filter my vapor.

I use a miniVAP Flexicone module with degummed hemp fiber filter in almost all my vapes. For dry hits it filters almost all the micro-particles. For bubbler use, the filter keeps the glass walls 10X cleaner as what does condense is pure golden goodness instead of goodies mixed with herbage particles.

I often do a hybrid technique, like start on low temps without water for max flavor and then at higher temps I run it thru water.

Pic of a Flexicone module dis-assembled:

Flex%20fiber%20%20mod_1.jpg

HippieHitman

HotBoxin' My Wheelchair
X2
I find water filtration to be much better than without, with minimal loss of goodies----more than made up by the fact you can take much bigger hits than dry hits. IMO, vapor needs minimal cooling as it starts out about 500 F degrees cooler than combusted buds BUT all vapor is very very dry.
Bubbler helps greatly to moisturize and the warmer/hotter the water, the more it moisturizes.
Also, the warmer the water, the less condensation of goodies.

Water also is a natural filter of the micro-particles that get sucked upstream. Unless you use whole nugs and do not grind/ do not stir--you are getting micro particles upstream.
I examined my whips and bubblers "resin/reclaim" under a scope and it contains a lot of micro particles sucked out of the bowl as that vaped material is dry dry dry and lightweight and fragile, and easily sucked upstream. Like h3rbalist, I also filter my vapor.

I use a miniVAP Flexicone module with degummed hemp fiber filter in almost all my vapes. For dry hits it filters almost all the micro-particles. For bubbler use, the filter keeps the glass walls 10X cleaner as what does condense is pure golden goodness instead of goodies mixed with herbage particles.

I often do a hybrid technique, like start on low temps without water for max flavor and then at higher temps I run it thru water.

Pic of a Flexicone module dis-assembled:

Flex%20fiber%20%20mod_1.jpg

Where do you get this hemp fiber filter you guys are talking about?

HippieHitman,
Reactions: MinnBobber

MinnBobber

Where do you get this hemp fiber filter you guys are talking about?
hopefully another member can answer- where in US and where in Europe?
I got mine from a kind soul on here so don't know where they got it.
It needs to be degummed hemp fiber. It needs to be in "fluffy form" like a big ball of cotton.
I only found "hemp wicks" tightly rolled into thin wicks.

Maybe I also found it by the kilo---enough to supply you for the next thousand years as it is very light :)
Organic cotton could be a decent substitute.
Regular cotton--??? maybe. But I vape my filter after they get gooey so if regular cotton has any added chemicals then ???

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
I was given a link here on FC but can't find it now. Will have a good look later.

Tbh you can just use cotton if it's not going too close to the heat source... and you don't want to vape the cotton after.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I have always argued that water robs me of an amount of active compounds, I definitely get higher without water....

But I'm sure most will disagree and say the difference is negligible....

But after a night going through my bubbler, im not as high as without...

When I do use water, I use hot water, but unless the water is 200 degrees, the vapour will condense to the cooler area, causing loss...

I know I lose some to my wand and whip anyway, but I've worked out that there is less surface area in that than in my d020-d...

I disagree but I can see why you say that.

This is the same issue with heavy bong smokers moving to vaprorizing.

Its just too... "easy" , you don't have to suffer, its all in your head, those active components are not disappearing anywhere, that's only facts.

I can try much longer hits with water, but perhaps your lungs are amazing ;)

Top Bottom