Proper Questions to ask local dispensaries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnd99

Hello fellow FC members,

There was a thread long ago about massive headaches after vaping. I have experienced something very similar after trying out a local dispensary. Some members were connecting it to bad growing practices such as not flushing and pumping it full of chemicals and such. FC member Hashtag4&2 provided some questions to ask such as

The best questions..
*Organic or Synthetic nutes (AKA Fertilizer)
*Been sprayed with anything other than water in the last 8 weeks
*How long/ has the weed been cured. [ What is a good answer to this ? ]
* Do you flush before harvest.

What other questions or steps can we take to make sure that we are not harming our bodies by buying from irresponsible growers? Of course the only way to be sure is to grow your own but some of us don't have have that luxury and have to rely on others. Please add to the discussion.

Thank you

PurpleDazed

I'd like to think that dispensaries who grow their own can produce a list of everything used during the grow process. but alot of dispensaries use outside sources and cant. as for whats causing your headaches well I can say I dont know. I might suspect of vapping at too high a temp for too long, What I have found works well for me when vaping is starting at a lower temp and stepping up to the max temp.
I have found that just hitting straight to max temp its more harsh to me. so stepping up has worked very well and is less harsh.

Wizsteve

If you want to avoid the headaches ask for over grown bud bud that lost most of its hairs .
Simple put ask them for hairless bud.

Those pistels or hairs are the reason for the headaches they have no thc your being ripped off if your bud is covered in them.

Wizsteve,
Reactions: mnd99

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Hello fellow FC members,

There was a thread long ago about massive headaches after vaping. I have experienced something very similar after trying out a local dispensary. Some members were connecting it to bad growing practices such as not flushing and pumping it full of chemicals and such. FC member Hashtag4&2 provided some questions to ask such as

The best questions..
*Organic or Synthetic nutes (AKA Fertilizer)
*Been sprayed with anything other than water in the last 8 weeks
*How long/ has the weed been cured. [ What is a good answer to this ? ]
* Do you flush before harvest.

What other questions or steps can we take to make sure that we are not harming our bodies by buying from irresponsible growers? Of course the only way to be sure is to grow your own but some of us don't have have that luxury and have to rely on others. Please add to the discussion.

Thank you
Thanks for the shoutout,

As far as the cure time ... I like a minimum of 30 days after the initial drying stage.

If you can find a Dispensary that prides themselves as Organic, I'd start there.

All true Organic Growers really, really, really want you to know it is 100% Organic.
It'll be on their sign, if not always a part of their Name.

It is very difficult to get past the first 4 questions I initially included in the first thread....

All Colorado Dispensaries are required to list all the ingredients used from seed to flower, however... There is very little regulations that make it easy for Dispensaries to "forget to add to the label"

Our main concern should be the Systemic Pesticides and Fungicides, meaning the chemical is in the plant cells forever.

The 2 huge ones being utilized are ..

AVID & EAGLE 20

Ask your Budtender if these pesticides are used in their facility.

99.9999% of the time you are going to get ...
"Uhhhhh, I don't think so?" < Note the inflection in their voice.

They go back and act as if they are inquiring about your question(s) with other staff members.

And will present you with a "typical" feeding schedule.
Well, these feeding schedules do not include the various problems that can occur in the growth of huge warehouse grows.

The headaches can be caused by certain strains as well, especially if harvested too soon.. (Clear Trichomes are a giveaway to pre-mature flowers).

I will post more thoughts as they come to me...
I am dealing with some severe pain ATM.

-peace-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom