Prop 19 is just over a week away...

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Namely Cali residents - What are your thoughts?

Me, Im on the lEast coast (so I dont think it will have much 'immediate' impact on us)

Ive been reading quite a few of the pros/cons arguing with each other, and from where I stand, it seems that those who dont already have deep pockets and/or vested interests in it (at a larger scale) are 'screwed' (see - mom and pop dealers etc). Some people have been angered that the government is 'infringing on their craft that they have honed for years'. They fear that Cali will become the 'New Mexico' for smugglers, and the market will be saturated with 'cheap' weed at (not so) cheap prices (because these people will be able to charge whateverthefucktheywant) And of course MADD is calling out all of these 'loopholes' in the law...

Personally, I am for the forward progress of MJ legalization. Sure the market might become 'saturated' with the BMCs (Bud, Miller, Coors) but we will eventually see the Stella Arois and Sam Adams (as well as the Stone's and Russian Rivers) :p

Its forward progress, political or not.

AGBeer,

tuttle

Uhh, it isn't a week away, it is Nov. 2, 2010. Lets not get people confused. Nov. 2, it will be a Tuesday. You need to be registered by October 18, 2010. If you are a resident of California and you still need to register, you can do so here: https://www.sos.ca.gov/nvrc/fedform/

Don't forget to vote!

tuttle,

2clicker

Observer
AGBeer said:
Personally, I am for the forward progress of MJ legalization. Sure the market might become 'saturated' with the BMCs (Bud, Miller, Coors) but we will eventually see the Stella Arois and Sam Adams (as well as the Stone's and Russian Rivers) :p
if/when its legalized i will not be buying it from anyone, but i would agree that you would also have options such as the "craft strains" available in stores. local strains, seasonal strains, mmmmmmm...

2clicker,

NorCalSivart

AGBeer said:
Namely Cali residents - What are your thoughts?

Me, Im on the lEast coast (so I dont think it will have much 'immediate' impact on us)

Ive been reading quite a few of the pros/cons arguing with each other, and from where I stand, it seems that those who dont already have deep pockets and/or vested interests in it (at a larger scale) are 'screwed' (see - mom and pop dealers etc). Some people have been angered that the government is 'infringing on their craft that they have honed for years'. They fear that Cali will become the 'New Mexico' for smugglers, and the market will be saturated with 'cheap' weed at (not so) cheap prices (because these people will be able to charge whateverthefucktheywant) And of course MADD is calling out all of these 'loopholes' in the law...

Its forward progress, political or not.
I imagine there will be lots of cheap weed that will be priced way to high but the only people that will buy this weed are people that do not know what they are looking for in quality buds. As time passes people will become more knowledgeable about marijuana and demand higher quality buds. I'm currently a medical marijuana patient and lots of dispensaries around me offer different grades they will have their top shelf buds, a middle grade and then a 'recession' grade bud.

I don't know how much prices will be affected, I don't imagine them going up any higher than they already are. It would be nice if they went down a little :)

NorCalSivart,

Raf007

Retailer
ImHo prices are going up in A'Dam so ultimately the same will happen at least for the price of high grade strains.

Go Cali, the whole stoner world is watching and couting on you !! Huge Hopes there.

Help us Obiwan KenoCali, you'r our only Hope !

Raf007,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
tuttle said:
Uhh, it isn't a week away, it is Nov. 2, 2010. Lets not get people confused. Nov. 2, it will be a Tuesday. You need to be registered by October 18, 2010. If you are a resident of California and you still need to register, you can do so here: https://www.sos.ca.gov/nvrc/fedform/

Don't forget to vote!
Oooops, thanks for that! I was getting my months confused :p

I guess I forgot about that there month called, oh... SEPTEMBER :lol:

AGBeer,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
Would anyone mind explaining (or linking to) all about Prop 19? Is this vote for the total legalization of recreational use of marijuana, or the legalization of medicinal (which I thought was already legal, etc.). One way or another, I hope it passes because that is a huge step forward from the archaic laws that are wasting such a beautiful plant. :lol: Think not only about the buds themselves, but the ability to grow plants legally will translate into hemp goods! Biofuel!

mattybass,

2clicker

Observer
mattybass said:
but the ability to grow plants legally will translate into hemp goods! Biofuel!
it would do wonders for the whole planet if society used it for everything its worth. unfortunately alot of very rich people will lose very large amounts of money if this happens. needless to say they will be fighting it tooth and nail.

i get so pissed when thinking/talking about this subject.

GO CALI GO!

2clicker,

lwien

lwien,

Pappy

shmaporist
I always prided myself on having the best connections but ever since I got my MJ card I've been like a 64 year old kid in a candy store. IMO, the current popularity of vaporization is part and parcel of the Medicalize/Decriminalize/Legalize movement. Once taboos are removed people can apply their talents to all sorts of forward thinking ventures. I have no prediction how CA will vote. OC repubs will vote for Meg Whitman despite the fact she reminds me of a cross between a Scientologist and a Moonie. :uhoh:

Pappy,
Top Bottom