Pre filled Cartridges vs Actual Portable Vapes

marshmallow190

Hey guys, so I have never vaped before, and I was thinking about starting with pre-filled cartridges, but as I was reading more stuff (mostly on reddit), it's starting to seem that the cartridges are not quite worth the money. I'm not looking for an expensive vape, but I just wanted to get your guys' opinion since you all would know more than I would.

Is buying a cheap 510 battery and getting pre-filled cartridges (Absolute Xtracts, Kurvana, etc.) worth it, or would it be most cost efficient to get a better portable pen?

And is vaping dry herb much different than concentrate?

Also, if the cartridges aren't worth it, do you have any suggestions for cheaper but still good portable vapes, preferably under $150? Sorry if what I'm saying doesn't make complete sense, I'm still new to this.

Last edited:

waxdab23

Prefilled are the least cost effective method of vaping concentrate, but the ease of use, stealth and convenience is unmatched.

For more cost efficiency, better taste, better effect and more control over the material being used; you want a LAYG (load as you go) waxpen. I would highly recommend both the W9 Omicron and the Yocan Evolve Plus.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I don't have this but I'm hearing a lot about it. The Vapcap.

VAPCAP ORIGINAL
$ 30.00

The VapCap is one of the smallest vaporizers in the world. It sets a new standard by being very easy to use.

Check out the Vapcap thread under portable vaporizers on FC. Welcome to all the great fun and info.

clear1x1.gif

Icon_FreeShipping_Small.gif

Flowermate V3 Air 2016
Our Price: $55.00
The flower-mate is through Puffitup
Under LAST CALL at the bottom of the menu. I don't have the Flowermate either but have heard others like it.
All mine that I would suggest that I have that I like are probably more than you want to spend right now.
You probably could sandwich concentrates in the middle of some cannabis with most vaporizers or using cotton to wrap your concentrates in and vaporize away.

I think you would get more bang for your buck with these but there's the Magic Flight Launch Box. It's a little more than a $100.

The Vapman folks rave about it, you use butane, it cost around $120. All of these you will see on FC.

Last edited:

little maggie

The vapcap is great if you are ok with butane but I would recommend spending a little more and getting wood instead of glass. The glass is much more fragile and the wood is very sturdy and is about $80. It's also modular so that if you like it you can add different features without buying a whole new unit.
Another very good vape that's also pretty new is the CF from boundless. I think you'll find it in the boundless cfx thread. I have both boundless vapes and the less expensive CF is great.
There are others like the firewood that are inexpensive and many like but the above 2 are my favorite inexpensive ones.
I would add that customer service is outstanding for both of them and that can make a huge difference if there are problems. Puffitup also has good customer service if you want to buy from a store.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
One thing people are forgetting here is

Hey guys, so I have never vaped before

In light of that I would not recommend anyone start vaping with concentrates as it is way too easy to over do it & have a less than positive experience. Better to get some good flowers & if you can get a g of this & a g of that it would greatly help you find your sweet spot & what effects you want.

If I was in the market for my first vape I would look for a battery powered portable that I can have some temperature adjustment. Something like the Boundless CF/CFX, Arizer Solo/Air or Flowermate V5 series are all quite reasonably priced vapes. Never used the Boundless ones but there is a lot of consistent positive feedback. I own a Air & FM so can safely say they are very easy to use & work great.

All said & done I am with @little maggie regarding a Ti VapCap. If you don't fear butane it is a workhorse & very easy to use.

Squiby

I'm just echoing the Vapcap recommendation. I love the Ti Woody Vapcap!!!

It is tiny and shaped like a cigarette, so it's small.

You don't have to get into charging batteries, cause it is manually heated. Unlike other butane heated vapes, it can be heated by any heat source, so you will never be stranded in a power outage or when you run out of butane. A Bic lighter will do. So will your stove element or a candle.

Also, unlike other manually driven vapes, the Vapcap features a temperature sensitive cap. The cap will click when you have heated it to vaping temps. You can adjust the temp to your liking by heating lower or higher on the cap.

A Dynastash will store your Vapcap and your herb in a handy card sized wooden box.

The learning curve, for me, was very quick. Puffing away on it is like puffing on a really really attractive smoke but, hey, minus the combustion, so smooth vapour and fun times.

Check it out!

Ti Burly and Bubinga Dynastash.

uNlqaR2.jpg

REQhh7e.jpg

LVdvRK1.jpg

Last edited:

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I'm just echoing the Vapcap recommendation. I love the Ti Woody Vapcap!!!

It is tiny and shaped like a cigarette, so it's small.

You don't have to get into charging batteries, cause it is manually heated. Unlike other butane heated vapes, it can be heated by any heat source, so you will never be stranded in a power outage or when you run out of butane. A Bic lighter will do. So will your stove element or a candle.

Also, unlike other manually driven vapes, the Vapcap features a temperature sensitive cap. The cap will click when you have heated it to vaping temps. You can adjust the temp to your liking by heating lower or higher on the cap.

A Dynastash will store your Vapcap and your herb in a handy card sized wooden box.

The learning curve, for me, was very quick. Puffing away on it is like puffing on a really really attractive smoke but, hey, minus the combustion, so smooth vapour and fun times.

Check it out!

Ti Burly and Bubinga Dynastash.

uNlqaR2.jpg

REQhh7e.jpg

LVdvRK1.jpg
60344098.jpg

I just Google imaged so many stunning VC's, this set is definitely one to remember! I must have been under a rock. Waa waa wa

Top Bottom