Pre-built Bubbler vs Ash Catcher / J-hook

Squeeky

Guys,

I've been looking at 8-12in Bubblers over the last few days and on a limited budget. I want something 8+ arms or honeycomb and found some solid options for around $150. Then I notices someone in the Lev glass thread, using the ash catcher with a J-hook.

What kinda limitation would there be to this option? Seems like a decent option and would save me over $50. The only down side I see is the J-hook is not reinforced, though if damaged could easily be replaced. Let me know what your guys think.

Squeeky

Squeeky,

that herb guy

I'm using a small showerhead ashcatcher with j-hook as my daily right now. It's smaller in volume, so you've gotta pull for a little while to get a bigger hit, but other than that it's not a bad option for a budget. The only real bitch I have is the water level is really sensitive, an 8th inch can make a decent difference. Once you find your sweet spot it's all good.

If I were to choose the 'better' of the two I'd go with a nice bubbler, but it's cheaper to come up with something like this.:2c:

Bon Dog

try looking into the glassblowersdirect thread, they have very affordable bublers... i should be getting mine by the end of the week

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
haha i took one of those goofball j-hooks from a LHS and made mine fit BETTER :)

031dc8ee787b11e29d7122000a1f97c6_7.jpg

Squeeky

*Realize this thread has gone off topic, but it seems the ashcatcher/Jhook is NOT an ideal solution* Now it's just being used to help me figure out what to buy.

Xchadb,
I know your a fan of Colie, and it was because of yourself I started looking their as well. I'm now faced with some options.

jhanpixel vs Colie
l_12-12-arm-bubbler-dewar-seal-joint-water-pipe-db93.jpg

So far these are the pros that stand out when comparing the two pieces. Please keep in mind this will be my first scientific glass purchase.

Pros
Both are members of the forum!
jhanpixel, no side arm (worried about support on Colie) - I have animals and a wife so things get knocked over sometimes
jhanpixel, 12 arms oppose to 8, but it also looks like Colie is 2 slits per arm where jhanpixel is 3
Colie, 7mm thick where jhanpixel is 5mm
Colie, has both showerhead and arms
Colie, I believe I like the mouthpiece better
Colie, I do not own a bowl, although I will mostly be using with vapes having the combustion option ready is always nice
Colie, A little cheaper consider and the added bowl piece

Throw some opinions out there everyone, I know I will not regret either options but a second opinion is always nice.

Squeeky

Squeeky,

Squeeky

Wow that is some honesty there JHANPIXEL, which says a lot. It's been way too long of a break and I want to celebrate with some nice scientific glass and I'd prefer to support an artist over a factory. We will see I'm just indecisive, but I'd like to give you props on your customer service! Responded quickly to iOffer question and I appreciate your honesty above.

Squeeky,

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
Wow that is some honesty there JHANPIXEL, which says a lot. It's been way too long of a break and I want to celebrate with some nice scientific glass and I'd prefer to support an artist over a factory. We will see I'm just indecisive, but I'd like to give you props on your customer service! Responded quickly to iOffer question and I appreciate your honesty above.

haha thanks
if i said otherwise i think i'd get called out on it pretty quick.
as for supporting artists over factory i would go w/ colie or apix as they are smaller shops and have a more personal touch to their pcs rather than the mass prodo that we try to produce here

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
*Realize this thread has gone off topic, but it seems the ashcatcher/Jhook is NOT an ideal solution* Now it's just being used to help me figure out what to buy.

Xchadb,
I know your a fan of Colie, and it was because of yourself I started looking their as well. I'm now faced with some options.

jhanpixel vs Colie

So far these are the pros that stand out when comparing the two pieces. Please keep in mind this will be my first scientific glass purchase.

Pros
jhanpixel, no side arm (worried about support on Colie) - I have animals and a wife so things get knocked over sometimes
jhanpixel, 12 arms oppose to 8, but it also looks like Colie is 2 slits per arm where jhanpixel is 3
Colie, I do not own a bowl, although I will mostly be using with vapes having the combustion option ready is always nice

Throw some opinions out there everyone, I know I will not regret either options but a second opinion is always nice.

Squeeky
I'm new to glass however paired with a vaporizer is a big game changer.

I tell my joint smoking friends about vaping with a water path and they start drooling.

It just the beginning of a new trend!

Buy both and compare.
Either one will work with the right adapters!

What is the link to the one on the right?

ataxian,

colieglass

wow... and here we were gearing ourselve with a business model much like jhans, and maybe we need to dial it back again... thanks jhan, real insightful. im going to do some serious burning today.

ou812?

Xchadb,

jhanpixel vs Colie

Pros

Squeeky

Jhans pieces are superb, not knocking Colie, Im sure he is doing good stuff as well, but i cant speak of his work because I dont own any as of yet.But Jhans work is tight, he is on his game when it comes to his customers, always trying to help out and is honest.I have the 12 arm Uber bubb and it hits sooo nice but if you really want a kick ass piece ,try out his Cyclone Ratchet/Showerhead Bubb.....all I can tell you it is a BEAST,I like his work and will look around at others too,but since you were looking at his work I couldnt help myself to give you my opinion on it BTW he just added 2 new side car bubbs that are also very sweet,will be getting the UFO showerhead one, built well. Tuff call, buy one from both,their prices and work both look good,I love straight scientific no heady or worked for me,YMMV, Vape'n thru a SOLO and Jhans pieces milk up nice no matter what size the can it seems, that ratchet cyclone is a pretty big bubb for a portable vaporizer some say and are most likely correct but the SOLO and that piece will get you to any level you would need, it takes a bit of a lunger to pull on it for a while, milk it up and then clear that bad boy......wooooohoooo ...we aint in Kansas any more Toto:ko:

ou812?,
Top Bottom