Power Consumption Enano vs SSV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalyxSmokr

Last edited:
CalyxSmokr,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I didn't have an SSV, but I did have an LSV.

I measured my E-Nano running 16 watts at max power. The LSV was running 32 watts at max power.

Although note my Nano normally runs around 7 on the dial, which pulling around 10 watts all the time. The LSV was averaging closer to 24 watts at my preferred vaping temperatures.

By far the Nano uses less electricity than the SSV or LSV. However I should note that the Nano takes a considerably longer time to change temperatures whereas my LSV seemed to adjust faster. So keep that in mind if you're planning on playing a lot with the temps. (I personally keep my Nano just under 7.0 and never touch it)

max

Out to lunch
As for wattage, regardless of how they're labeled, SSVs draw 25W. A direct quote from the builder- "They only use 25.25 watts full blast."
This is correct, since it was quoted to me by the company owner/SSV designer back in '08, and you can bet the heater and power supply haven't changed to any significant degree. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

If you want to leave the SSV on all the time, I wouldn't worry about it, as far as the vape itself is concerned. The company has had units running for years and years, nonstop. The main reason people leave a vape like the nano on 24/7 is because it takes longer than the average vape to heat up to operating temp. The SSV is ready to use pretty quick. I used one for years and never felt the need to leave it on. My e-nano, OTOH, stays on and at vaping temp most of the time.

CalyxSmokr

not as much concerned with the unit as with saving power. If I remember then I think it will be cheaper to turn off the SSV when done. Quick heatup means it can be on and off in 10-15 min.
I put my enano on an extension cord to which I affixed an in line switch so I can keep the same temp and not have to unplug. Just have to plan better with the 20 min heatup. I thought the nano would be the cheaper one to run "always on" but I am surprised how relatively close they are in consumption.
I like them both

CalyxSmokr,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom