POTV Lobo

Petetbay

In the process of sending my Lobo back using 100 day satisfaction guarantee and couldn’t use the automated return page as the 100 day thing won’t fit in the options for satisfaction, but that return page does look easy for other returns. I had to play email tag to work through the process and get a prepaid postal label and authorization. They were quick to respond even though they say there might be delays due to the Lobo release. I get to keep the free $20 gift card and free bubbler as thank you gifts, but they wanted everything back including the brush, battery and other accessories, still looking for the manual I never read and the battery.

I wrote Lobo in felt pen on the battery, but I think it wore off and can’t identify the battery so could someone with the confirmed Lobo battery give me the model # so I can find it? Thanks ahead.

edit: found the battery it was the only one I have with the Fire hazard hot for Vape: never install, carry OR handle. 35E. Still looking for manual, found 4 for other vapes I never read.

TM2 arrived today. :bowdown:

Last edited:

Finessseee

In the process of sending my Lobo back using 100 day satisfaction guarantee and couldn’t use the automated return page as the 100 day thing won’t fit in the options for satisfaction, but that return page does look easy for other returns. I had to play email tag to work through the process and get a prepaid postal label and authorization. They were quick to respond even though they say there might be delays due to the Lobo release. I get to keep the free $20 gift card and free bubbler as thank you gifts, but they wanted everything back including the brush, battery and other accessories, still looking for the manual I never read and the battery.

I wrote Lobo in felt pen on the battery, but I think it wore off and can’t identify the battery so could someone with the confirmed Lobo battery give me the model # so I can find it? Thanks ahead.

edit: found the battery it was the only one I have with the Fire hazard hot for Vape: never install, carry OR handle. 35E. Still looking for manual, found 4 for other vapes I never read.

TM2 arrived today. :bowdown:
Looking forward to your TM2 review! Lobo might not be for me either as I never feel like packing and cleaning a chamber or capsule.. compared to packable stem based vapes like Arizer, TM, Logs, etc. Wish more companies would make similar style packable stem airpaths.. there’s surprisingly only a few electric vapes with this setup. Much easier to clean and more purer Vapor path that way…

Different strokes for different folks so they say 🤷‍♂️

futzboy

I reviewed the 12 cap loader over on the delta3d thread. I don't think I am breaking any rules posting here. But, feel free to moderate if necessary.

futzboy,

ChooChooCharlie

Easily pocketable, even with globe stem. Rapid sessions at high temp

Lobo felt at home amid the Dia de Los Muertos festivities at Old Town, SD today

Lobo-at-Old-Town-pre-Dia-de-Los-Muertos.jpg

hippo7761

Battery won't charge in device no big deal for me since I use a separate charger. So not great but ok.

Now my Lobo won't turn off pressing the on/off button. My sesh is at 5 minutes and I usually finish capsule at around 2:30 mark. Yesterday wouldn't let me turn it off with button. Had to keep removing the battery to shut off. I will have to play with it today to see if problems go away.

Honestly get good clouds. ABV is always fully cooked. And if I do 2 caps back to back im fried. I hope this button problem goes away because I do like the Lobo.

Jojofernz

Battery won't charge in device no big deal for me since I use a separate charger. So not great but ok.

Now my Lobo won't turn off pressing the on/off button. My sesh is at 5 minutes and I usually finish capsule at around 2:30 mark. Yesterday wouldn't let me turn it off with button. Had to keep removing the battery to shut off. I will have to play with it today to see if problems go away.

Honestly get good clouds. ABV is always fully cooked. And if I do 2 caps back to back im fried. I hope this button problem goes away because I do like the Lobo.
You could probably reach out about it to get it replaced

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
You could probably reach out about it to get it replaced

I agree .... and POTV might like a shot at finding out what's up with your device.

I've been using the Lobo daily for a couple weeks now in various ways and its become a part of my daily rotation. I'd be pretty bummed out if it acted up. I'll post an updated review with things like temp stepping, other glass options I found in my already existing collection, etc.

hippo7761

Update. Got home from work. Fired Lobo up and it is now shutting down normally. Not sure why yesterday had to pop out battery. Guess something to keep an eye on it.
I have only had it 3-4 weeks. I really want it to work. I don't want to send back unless absolutely necessary. I like clearing a cap in 2-3 mins and I get great clouds.

deadsouthernblake

Sorry for my ignorance here but would the Lobo kinda qualify as a multi-brand vape? Or is appearance the only real similarity between the Lobo and other similar looking models like the Rogue, Sutra, etc?

deadsouthernblake,
Reactions: seedy53

Petetbay

would the Lobo kinda qualify as a multi-brand vape?
No, not based on another vape, made to order through multiple revisions and 3 manufacturers for POTV.
Or is appearance the only real similarity between the Lobo and other similar looking models like the Rogue, Sutra, etc?
My understanding is it’s made by the same manufacturer that makes HR and similar vape companies devices.

deadsouthernblake

No, not based on another vape, made to order through multiple revisions and 3 manufacturers for POTV.

My understanding is it’s made by the same manufacturer that makes HR and similar vape companies devices.
What does it take for a model to be considered a multi-brand vape? I would think that the Lobo is probably at least somewhat based off of HR's Rogue but with a slightly bigger heater. Just talking about the similarities in appearance with the shell, bowl, and mouthpiece. But I know there's some differences with the inner workings like the Lobo having a slightly larger bowl and heater.

For those who have expierenced with both the Lobo and the Rogue how do they stack up against each other? I know the Lobo has a removable battery, but does the slightly bigger size heater really seem to make a differance?

deadsouthernblake,
  • Haha
Reactions: Petetbay

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What does it take for a model to be considered a multi-brand vape? I would think that the Lobo is probably at least somewhat based off of HR's Rogue but with a slightly bigger heater. Just talking about the similarities in appearance with the shell, bowl, and mouthpiece. But I know there's some differences with the inner workings like the Lobo having a slightly larger bowl and heater.

That is one companies put their brand on a standard design from a manufacturer... I think it was explained earlier in this thread in fact, how the Fury edge and POTV one are based off the same original Fury 2 design that is often rebranded... The difference is that these companies made specifications so they are not technically rebrands and the lobo is modified in quite a few ways from the stock manufacturer offering

For those who have expierenced with both the Lobo and the Rogue how do they stack up against each other? I know the Lobo has a removable battery, but does the slightly bigger size heater really seem to make a differance?

There is place in ask FC where someone already asked for lobo comparisons although I'm not sure if they had Rogue in particular it is not really the place to discuss broadly here in general

Blackbeen

Looking forward to your TM2 review! Lobo might not be for me either as I never feel like packing and cleaning a chamber or capsule.. compared to packable stem based vapes like Arizer, TM, Logs, etc. Wish more companies would make similar style packable stem airpaths.. there’s surprisingly only a few electric vapes with this setup. Much easier to clean and more purer Vapor path that way…

Different strokes for different folks so they say 🤷‍♂️
The dosing capsule is my main interest, any comparisons to the Solo II yet?

Blackbeen,

Petetbay

Just to update on my return of the Lobo on the 100 day satisfaction guarantee. I did a return for store credit as I do a lot business with them, I could have selected cash refund to my cc. One week after they received it I got a gift card for the total of the order which also included a Globe Dimpled Stem I ordered extra to the Lobo. I have the Globe Stem, the free Curved Bubbler, a free Tightvac storage container and a $20CDN gift card. Return shipping was done with a pre-paid postal label they sent me by email.

I already knew POTV is one of the best online retailers and their 110% backing of the satisfaction guarantee for the Lobo has enhanced this in my mind. Hats off to POTV and Jerry for producing the Lobo and I know most people will be very happy with the device, I have a lot of vapes, but it just didn’t do it for me. :bowdown:

Last edited:

deadsouthernblake

That is one companies put their brand on a standard design from a manufacturer... I think it was explained earlier in this thread in fact, how the Fury edge and POTV one are based off the same original Fury 2 design that is often rebranded... The difference is that these companies made specifications so they are not technically rebrands and the lobo is modified in quite a few ways from the stock manufacturer offering

So it's more to do with the inner workings than the outside shell of a model?

There is place in ask FC where someone already asked for lobo comparisons although I'm not sure if they had Rogue in particular it is not really the place to discuss broadly here in general

I actually debated asking here..... but I thought in the past I'd seen where folks would ask about how the vape of the thread compared to other models they are familiar with. I guess the ask FC forum would be better?

deadsouthernblake,

Shit Snacks

You accidentally put your reply in the quotes btw

So it's more to do with the inner workings than the outside shell of a model?

I mean, it would be both, the outside shell is different in this case as well... It just has to do with brands' exclusive modified design, or stock manufacturer design with branding on it..

actually debated asking here..... but I thought in the past I'd seen where folks would ask about how the vape of the thread compared to other models they are familiar with. I guess the ask FC forum would be better?

Yeah it's just a gray area, depends how you frame it, since you asked how they stack up against each other, that sounded more broad... Also not many people have this still, and many of them did not have the rogue, one of the early people had fierce and was testing with those stems... I don't know if there was mention of the heating element itself being larger per se??

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Petetbay

deadsouthernblake

Well I guess I did......not sure how that happened.

I mean, it would be both, the outside shell is different in this case as well... It just has to do with brands' exclusive modified design, or stock manufacturer design with branding on it..

Yeah it's just a gray area, depends how you frame it, since you asked how they stack up against each other, that sounded more broad... Also not many people have this still, and many of them did not have the rogue, one of the early people had fierce and was testing with those stems... I don't know if there was mention of the heating element itself being larger per se??
Ahh.... So how do the shells differ other than say some difference in height/width ? Just looking at it they appear somewhat similar in their basic shape, the bowl/chamber, and mouthpiece. Sorry for my ignorance here..... but I've always been interested in how much difference in between two models does there have to be for it not to be considered.

On the Lobo having a slightly bigger heater..... I could have sworn that I'd either read that here on the forum or possibly heard it on a YouTube review video. But I definitely could be mistaken and getting it mixed up with another comparison.

deadsouthernblake,

ChooChooCharlie

I clipped one minute -- Jerry talks about Lobo heater

Watch before clip and after for more heater discussion, how he tested prototypes with different number of coil wraps, etc

Please excuse the out-of-sync audio, it broadcasted that way in the original livestream. Finger pointing toward heater and preheating ceramic channels do not match his words, but you can figure it out

Petetbay

Ahh.... So how do the shells differ other than say some difference in height/width ? Just looking at it they appear somewhat similar in their basic shape, the bowl/chamber, and mouthpiece. Sorry for my ignorance here..... but I've always been interested in how much difference in between two models does there have to be for it not to be considered.

On the Lobo having a slightly bigger heater..... I could have sworn that I'd either read that here on the forum or possibly heard it on a YouTube review video. But I definitely could be mistaken and getting it mixed up with another comparison.
What is it you can’t get over to continue with line of questioning? In one of Jerry’s videos he discusses what they trying to do and pulls out a bunch of vapes considered expensive/heavy hitters (Mighty, TM2 etc) and they wanted something like those, but half the cost. POTV already has the One which is a rebrand, but wanted something with a bigger bowl and I believe the accessory system they have developed. One of the early prototypes was actually bearing the name Two. They didn’t take an existing vape and make modifications to make into their vape. They had it designed from the ground up with a replaceable battery, larger ti bowl and a heater to heat the bowl/air while using the existing mp/accessory system they had on the One. Because it kind of looks like another vape really is meaningless and when it was 1st announced everyone compared it similar looking vapes and suggested it was just a rebadge of those, it’s not, never was. What more needs to be said. :2c:

Shit Snacks

Sorry I don't know all the details and it's a bit off topic now here, you'll have to research each of them I guess?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: endof3d
Top Bottom