POTV Lobo

sickmanfraud

Is it really a stronger portable than you can already get from a tinymight, p80, or milaana though? Thats what confuses me. What is the heater tech?I

I am not expecting a $160 vape or really any other portable vape to outperform a Tinymight2. However, since I lost my first Tinymight2 I have not carried any vape with me when I leave the house. The form factor seems better to me since I can pocket it between hits.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
POTV sells their versions of three entry level vapes that offer good value for the price; the ONE, V3Pro and Starry 4. The development of the Lobo would be the natural progression to provide a next level device at a mid level price point for the general user.

Kudos to the team at POTV for investing their resources to rethink, improve and develop the Lobo for those who want to upgrade to a different experience without breaking the bank. Lack of removable batteries have always been a deal breaker for me in purchasing similar designed devices.

Side note: The bong hits were impressive for a vape of this design, but more interesting was the vapor Troy was generating at 370F in short MTL puffs. Anyone should be able to achieve good results without developing special draw techniques with this device.

Definitely will be adding the Lobo to my collection once the dust settles.

Jojofernz

@stickstones Why the name LOBO? Does it stand for something.
Back in June they sent an email asking people to vote on the name of this vape.

The other names were Ito, LP, LSP, Eteri, and RS.

Lobo definitely seemed the best out of the options they presented. And being from New Mexico, we have Lobos as mascots and they are around here so no brainer from me!

Would love to know more behind POTVs reasoning or if it just was amongst the proposed names and everyone just voted for it. The other names were pretty lackluster imo.

BL4ZE

@stickstones Why the name LOBO? Does it stand for something.

Back in June they sent an email asking people to vote on the name of this vape.

The other names were Ito, LP, LSP, Eteri, and RS.

Lobo definitely seemed the best out of the options they presented. And being from New Mexico, we have Lobos as mascots and they are around here so no brainer from me!

Would love to know more behind POTVs reasoning or if it just was amongst the proposed names and everyone just voted for it. The other names were pretty lackluster imo.
Yeah, I saw a post about how they sent out a survey or whatever for people to decide on the name. No sure how they came across the names they chose or why, but Lobo is the best out of the choices.

Petetbay

For what I found the Lobo has a ti bowl, 13mm from what Jerry said in the video. That would put the bowl in the HR Fierce size, I have some Fierce stems and they are 12.8mm and the Rogue bowl is 11.8mm so big bowl and would need pretty robust heater to do it justice and they seem to done good there with both conduction and convection ala Mighty and looks to produce good extraction. The slow warmup is just trying produce good battery life via software. It is looking pretty killer.

edit: while I was hesitant on the price I ordered a black one in stock(blue/green are preorders) comes with $20 gift card, Tightvap container and a curved bubbler for free. I had to order the Globe Glass stem as it wasn’t offered as free glass. I ordered through POTV Canada.

Pretty thorough review at Vape Wizard.

Last edited:

BuzzDanklin

POTV-Lobo-Size-in-Hand.webp

POTV-Lobo-Included-in-the-Box-Accessories.webp

Thanks for the share @Petetbay I am really liking the Lobo so far, especially with the price. I will be taking my Lobo camping tomorrow morning so maybe I will have some more cool photos when I report back at the end of the week. :rockon:⛺

Petetbay

Looks very good for POTV, I don't see that any of those in the review are stem load stems unfortunately though...
I don’t know why you would, stem load stems were available on the Fury/Fury2 and Fierce, the One, FuryEdge and Rogue did not support load stems, it is a mod/hack to use load stems even DV’s in different devices like the V3Pro, Roffu, Edge, Nano, Tera etc and I can see trying my Fierce stems in the Lobo and curious to see how that tall load stem works with this heater.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I don’t know why you would, stem load stems were available on the Fury/Fury2 and Fierce, the One, FuryEdge and Rogue did not support load stems, it is a mod/hack to use load stems even DV’s in different devices like the V3Pro, Roffu, Edge, Nano, Tera etc and I can see trying my Fierce stems in the Lobo and curious to see how that tall load stem works with this heater.

Some people like it better than loading chambers or dealing with capsules... Yeah using the f2 stems was not ideal but the fierce had a really great system even better than arizer in my experience, the way people were talking about the lobo it seemed like that might be a stock option here... If the stems from the fierce fit well though that would be pretty perfect actually! We'll see

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I'm really just excited POTV has created a vape that could potentially be a heavy hitter portable for the new uninitiated vape convert. Yes. Of course it doesn't match up to the FC peoples expectations fully. We are spoiled compared to someone just trying to ditch combustion.

But it's seeming to be powerful enough for me to consider it. And I don't typically like budget vapes like this.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. But I'm with @stickstones on this one. From everything I've seen this is a solid vape that has heating good enough to recommend it to the stubborn people who have written off vaping due to dealing with a crappy headshop no name vape.

Idk. I'm probably standing on a dumb hill screaming at the sky for this one. But it really does seem like a good thing for us. I mean, heck, most people here feel they need a good backup. This is a hybrid heating style portable with a replaceable battery and it fits in a decent sized pocket. Really seems like something that's going to positively impact the vaping idk, movement?

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Having watched some of the Troy and Jerry show, my interest has gone from maybe 0/10 to a 3 or 4. Definitely not jumping on this wagon until plenty of reviews are in.

It's all down to performance, and it's competing with the TM. The bar is set high. However Troy and Jerry did seems to be getting pretty high of this little thing.

Also it's not in Europe. I'll wait to see what people think.

XpeeN

@BuzzDanklin Enjoyed your review :). Can I know why the only comparison is with the IQC though? There are much better options to compare it to IMO like the v3p, ruffo, avlp, angus and HR rogue.

Having watched some of the Troy and Jerry show, my interest has gone from maybe 0/10 to a 3 or 4. Definitely not jumping on this wagon until plenty of reviews are in.

It's all down to performance, and it's competing with the TM. The bar is set high. However Troy and Jerry did seems to be getting pretty high of this little thing.

Also it's not in Europe. I'll wait to see what people think.
It's not really compete with the TM, even Jerry said that. It's wasn't made for it. but there are a lot of other competitors like I mention above and I wonder how it compare to those devices.

NOLOGO

now you are showing off;)

I think I agree with @oddjobold .

I think I will wait until more reviews are out. The incentive to order now (free extra glass) does not speak to me, and I believe that my POTV One stems will fit.
same. I do like the form factor better than the POTV v3pro I currently use as my otg vape, but I can't justify the price ATM when the v3pro does what I need. (it just pokes out of my pocket a little lol)

and, yes, all the POTV glass should work with the lobo.... some folks don't realize that's the entire purpose of the POTV ecosystem: interchangable glass parts. That's why they made their own top for the v3pro :tup:

BL4ZE

same. I do like the form factor better than the POTV v3pro I currently use as my otg vape, but I can't justify the price ATM when the v3pro does what I need. (it just pokes out of my pocket a little lol)

and, yes, all the POTV glass should work with the lobo.... some folks don't realize that's the entire purpose of the POTV ecosystem: interchangable glass parts. That's why they made their own top for the v3pro :tup:
I'm in the same boat. The V3 pro is my go-to portable but the form factor isn't the best. The One of Lobo has a much better and more discreet form factor.

BL4ZE,
Reactions: NOLOGO

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
@BuzzDanklin Enjoyed your review :). Can I know why the only comparison is with the IQC though? There are much better options to compare it to IMO like the v3p, ruffo, avlp, angus and HR rogue.

It's not really compete with the TM, even Jerry said that. It's wasn't made for it. but there are a lot of other competitors like I mention above and I wonder how it compare to those devices.

For someone who is watching their pocket, but wants a portable heavy hitter - I see the lobo as an option.

However FC has a lot of vape geeks, who want the best of the best.

Why get a Ford when you already have a Mercedes?

Top Bottom