Post your decarb method here!

MrSpicoli

My method

Put the weed (which is wrapped in a nut milk bag) in one or two freezer bags , with a metal utensil on top of it to weigh it down. Keep the side with seal facing up out of the water. I suck out the air with a thin straw. * Do not use regular plastic baggies as they will develop holes the longer they're in the hot water.

Place it in heated crockpot on low setting (190-200F) filled with water. Leave it for 2 hours.

Take out and pour clarified butter or coconut oil into the weed bag. Maybe give it a shake. Put whole thing back in water bath for 4 hours. Done. Take it out and squeeze the nut bag/bubble bag to get out as much product as you can.

Last edited:

MrSpicoli

BTW, I should have noted above... the water you add to the crockpot should be boiling. It will gradually go down to the desired temp range. If you add in lukewarm water, it could take hours for it to get up to the proper temperature.

Anyone here use a mason jar? If you do, you might want to nearly double the amount of time for decarb as the transfer of heat is lower with a glass jar as compared to bags. If I am using a jar, I put butter in the jar from the start (because it conducts heat better than air) and it goes through both decarb and infusion...so I just leave it in the pot for like 6-8 hours. Make sure to tighten just until you feel resistance...an overly tight seal could cause the jar to burst. Also should burp the jars occasionally.

Last edited:

840_divided_by_two

Sous vide circulator set on highest temp (197f for me) Grind bud finely and place in Quart sized mason jar. Seal tight. Weigh down with a heavy pan (I use le cruset) so it doesn't float. Leave submerged for 3 hours shaking once or twice an hour.

Alternately put the mason jar in a 225f oven for 45 minutes to an hour shaking once in the middle.

Let jars cool completely before opening.

MrSpicoli

Would a B&G hot-dog relish jar be considered "mason"? What makes it that? Is it the glass thickness?

MrSpicoli,

ediable vape

The High Habibi
oven less method
grind your weed put it on parchment paper evenly then lay it in a pan with glass top (if you don't have a glass topware for your pan use oven safe plastic on top with strings around it to hold it in place) its also ideal to put a oven thermometer in the pan too , put it on the stove and set it to 250 and put a timer for 20 minutes (35-40 minutes for hybrid, indica variants), now you just wait until they are golden ( look closely at the temp and color) let them cool down for 15 minutes then use as you please.

One important note tho even if the cannabis didn't turn golden or brown if it was heated for the time that is required for decarboxylation, IT IS DECARBED but because there is no direct heat or radiating heat present as much as an oven, it might not change color as much so don't over heat it because its not brown, Its already full of goods, as long as they are dry and not too sticky you're good.

Another important note if your glass top or plastic is getting too foggy lower the heat.

personally because I don't like the taste of edibles, I turn them into powder via mortar and pestle and fill capsules with them for consumption and for me they work within 10-20 minutes even sooner if you're stomach is empty, my capsules get filled with 0.2 g of cannapowder each.

Last edited:
ediable vape,

Trajectory.

Been makIng medibles for many years.
The absolute best dcarb method is to naturaly decarb 6months+. Best results are obtained after a 12 months decarb.
Search growgoddes ndsap.

That way you can preserve all the volotaile terpens and flavinoids.

Onece you tried it there is noch going back. Supierior to everything else I have tried over the years.:myday:

Is this true? I've read that cannabis will decarb naturally over time, but is six months long enough?

I live in an illegal state, and bought my flower and hash in September of last year in a legal state. I've been storing it in an airtight container at room temperature.

Do you think it's decarbed by now?

Any different for the hash?

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I have been making alcohol tinctures, but wanted to try making a mct oil tincture again.

Can I add shatter to the mct oil and lecithin and then heat the whole mixture at 250F to decarb and mix, or should the decarb be done separately with the shatter alone?
Thanks

shredder

I have been making alcohol tinctures, but wanted to try making a mct oil tincture again.

Can I add shatter to the mct oil and lecithin and then heat the whole mixture at 250F to decarb and mix, or should the decarb be done separately with the shatter alone?
Thanks

It's better to decarb the shatter first. The mct oil will insulate the canna oil making decarbing more iffy, and you don't wanna heat mct oil very warm. IIRC 300F is an upper limit. Mct is not a cooking oil, it won't take high heat, although it's a great oil for infusing. A mct oil infusion is very versatile, a few drops makes most any food an edible.

Twizzy

I made an MCT tincture this weekend and used the herb oven's low setting for combining MCT/lecithin. It's also perfect for combining that mixture with your previously decarbed shatter, stirring every so often for ~30 mins.

As an every day dabber it was nice to be completely greened out for a couple of hours :)

Twizzy,
  • Love
Reactions: shredder

Madtater

Hello everyone. I have procured myself 3lbs if local honey from a coworker who has a bee farm. I would like to make some honey for night time tea.

My question: do i need to decarb the flower prior to cooking it into the honey, or can i just dump in the flower and let the heat from the honey decarb the flower?

I will be using a chocolate double boil pot to heat the honey, and have a micro mesh funnel to remove the flower from the honey.

I am aware of the reasoning behind decarbing, i only need to know if the heat from the honey will be enough or if i need to decarb it on its own first.

Thank you!

Madtater,
Reactions: shredder

Madtater

Hello everyone. I have procured myself 3lbs if local honey from a coworker who has a bee farm. I would like to make some honey for night time tea.

My question: do i need to decarb the flower prior to cooking it into the honey, or can i just dump in the flower and let the heat from the honey decarb the flower?

I will be using a chocolate double boil pot to heat the honey, and have a micro mesh funnel to remove the flower from the honey.

I am aware of the reasoning behind decarbing, i only need to know if the heat from the honey will be enough or if i need to decarb it on its own first.

Thank you!
Nevermind. I answered my own question. The video i watched had the (decarbed) portion of the amount of flower covered with a link so i didnt see it.

Madtater,

shredder

Thank you!

It's generally accepted to decarb separate to get a consistent decarbing. Plus you reslly don't want to heat your honey very muchk because it will lose some of the benefits from eating it.

Trajectory.

Yes. Exactly how long and under what conditions is less clear.

My guess is cannabis stored in ideal conditions would take longer to decarb.

I asked my friend Bing A.I. and he said cannabis will decarb over time, but a year may not be enough, especially if stored optimally and not exposed to oxygen. He suggested you may need to apply low heat after a year to complete the decarboxing.

Top Bottom