Possible Bronchitis, considering vaping... please help!

OK, so I am 37, a 20 year smoker of herbs. Recently smoking kills me and it never has in the past. I have smoked cigarettes, but not for many years. Even three puffs and I am feeling tightness in my chest, bad coughing that worsens at night, and wheezing. Even tiny puffs do this to me. The problem is that I suffer from Multiple Sclerosis and find weed to be very helpful for many reasons. Aside from that I simply enjoy being high. I have gone to less than once a day and even gone 4 or 5 days without and start to feel better, but the moment I smoke even a few small puffs I am right back to square one. I am wondering if anyone has been in such a spot and if Vaping helps. I may need to go to a doctor, but at the moment I am also uninsured. I am not ready to give up altogether, but I don't want to go spending hundreds on a very good vaporizer without a little reassurance or advice from someone in a similar situation.

CoolClouds,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Vaping is always healthier than smoking and your decision to change is, imo, a good one. That said, I don't know that you still shouldn't get a check up. What you are experiencing could be a number of things.

When I switched over to vaping, I had developed a nasty cough that made me sound like I had smoked cigarettes and been drinking whisky for my whole life. I thought I was going to have to give up herb. My son turned me on to vaping and, once I embraced it, I never went back to smoking. My cough cleared up in 1 week and I no longer have that raspy quality to my voice. I'm also not coughing up nasty black shit every day.

If you are going to continue using mj, I would strongly suggest switching to vaping. If vaping continues to irritate your lungs, perhaps edibles or tincture will work better for you. There is a wealth of information on this site for you, and a bunch of really knowledgeable and helpful members. Dig in and start reading.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. :)

max

Out to lunch
Even after quitting cigs for 10 years smoking herb started to bother my lungs to the point where I was seriously thinking of quitting. I've been successfully vaping now (no smoke at all) for 7-8 years. I'd recommend a vape that delivers smallish hits, so you don't overtax your lungs, and you could try water filtration as well, although filtration will encourage you to take bigger hits, so watch out since that may also produce some lung tightness.

max,
Reactions: t-dub

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Hey there,

Welcome to FC. I am another vaporist here with some insight for ya. I have been a user for 25 years and about 5 years ago I started to notice that I was getting bronchitis more often and my asthma wasn't so controlled anymore. I went to my doctor, and basically she gave me 2 options. One, stop smoking weed or 2, start taking steroid inhalants to increase lung function. I wasn't about to do either!

I did some research into other potential help and I stumbled upon an aticle written by the man who started Vapir. It was all about vaporization and how this delivery method offered a much cleaner, healthier, and honestly a better high as an alternative to combustion.

I went ahead and made the switch. I found FC soon after and the rest is history. Now I'm broke as I'm up to my ears in vaporizers but my lungs are doing great! I'm going through 1 rescue inhaler every 60 days as opposed to 2 a month and of course no longer a need for steroids. I can attest to what vaping did for me.

As far as a vaporizer, your jumping in at a good time. When I came around there were very few to choose from, one was the Volcano which at the time 700 bucks seemed fucking nuts! Nowadays you have so many to choose from and quite a few are very fairly priced. If you'd like please feel free to PM me and I would be glad to help you get started. I was a noob once to and I want you to know were here to help.

And damn, your first 2 responses are from Mods - you got the best attention available! Again, your in the right place Shawn.

On big happy family....lol

Family5_zpsc0c12f25.jpg

Thank you very much for the insight, it was exactly what I was looking for. I am going to go to a minute clinic and get checked, but I am fairly certain it is bronchitis. After hours of insomniac searching and reading through the forums it looks like you cannot go wrong with the MFLB so I pulled the trigger on that plus a bunch of recommended accessories.

Thank you again for the insightful replies!!!

After some YouTube videos and comments I started looking here. Not too many people have negative things to say (other than learning curve and how the unit smells after use) and it is always talked about as stealthy, which is important as I am going to be taking a road trip soon. Also it seemed to be fairly affordable. I know nothing about oils and concentrates, which many of the other vapes seem to be made for also (I assume those are only attainable in Medicinal MJ states???). Oh and it seems to be in all the top 10 vape lists that I can find.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just pitching in my 2 cents ... gotta' switch to vaping ... it's so much better! I will warn you that it may take 1-2 months or so of vaping exclusively instead of smoking before your lungs clear; personally, when I switched to vaping from smoking, I hacked up stuff and felt tightness in my chest for definitely over a month, but I persisted, and now my lung capacity is as good as its ever been and I have no wheezing or issues breathing at all ... my lungs feel absolutely terrific! I know a few other people that have experienced this as well ... the vaping initially causes you to bring up a lot of shit and until your lungs have cleared all of the stuff in there its still a little uncomfortable and vaping can actually cause you to go in to coughing fits bringing crap up (my non-medical theory as I have no background in biology or medicine)

Tweek

Vaping is always preferable to smoking...congrats on taking the leap! You may find, with time and as your collection grows, that certain vapes may still irritate your lungs. I have one in particular, that always leaves me with a raspy cough, even with water...but eventually found a unit that is smooth and non irritating. So you may need to experiment.

Have fun!

Well now a monster has been created, hopefully a very high one. The thought of ridding my life of paperclips, bobby pins, and other poking devices has me nothing short of thrilled and completely obsessed. Yesterday I knew nothing of vaping and now I am learning tincture, ABV, and a nice recipe for ABV butter. I think with my throat as bad as it is I am going to not only try the vaping, but I am going to try my hand at making tincture ASAP and since I have no ABV I will go with the good stuff. I already have a blue glass dropper on order and I am going to make a trip across the border to state that has everclear for the impending creation.

I am so glad I ran into this forum and cannot wait to replace resin with ABV! Thanks again all.

punch1118

Thank you very much for the insight, it was exactly what I was looking for. I am going to go to a minute clinic and get checked, but I am fairly certain it is bronchitis. After hours of insomniac searching and reading through the forums it looks like you cannot go wrong with the MFLB so I pulled the trigger on that plus a bunch of recommended accessories.

Thank you again for the insightful replies!!!

start riding a bicycle 10 miles a day
you will be sucking air big time

punch1118,
Top Bottom