Pomegranate seed ??

MinnBobber

OK, I'm working on my first pom. Web says it's ok to eat the seed cores/ the hard part, but I'm not into that so I've been sucking off the flesh and spit out the cores.

If I were to cook seeds along with steel cut oats, 28-30 minutes, would these pom seeds then become soft, more palatable?

And wow, these bad boys really squirt all over when trying to pry them out. I ended up laying down a full folded out newspaper and they still squirted beyond that.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Cores are quite bitter, if I recall correctly. Probably makes them crazy-healthy.

Tip to avoid staining fingers?

Remove seeds with pom and hands under water in large bowl.

:rockon:

DDave,
Reactions: hibeam

zor

I grew up eating pomegranates in the middle east, two ways I enjoy them....one is the more work intensive route, culling all the seeds and just snacking on them (they were never hard to chew), the other involves palming and pressing the pomegranate with both hands, massaging it a bit, to break the seeds open until you have a pretty mushy-feeling ball in your hand. Bite or cut a small hole and drink the juice!

Pomegranates were always so deliciously sweet back then, the few times I've had them in the states they've been tart and sour :(

zor,

MinnBobber

Pomegranates were always so deliciously sweet back then, the few times I've had them in the states they've been tart and sour :(

So in the Middle East, you could actually eat the whole seed?
These are really hard, probably picked before being ripe like most fruit here.
Juice was not tart and sour, but not really sweet either.

I'd love to try a fresh, vine -ripened pom

MinnBobber,

hibeam

alpha +
The seeds chewed well are great roughage and irritating to some. I always eat them in the berries...but organically grown ones taste much better to me.

I should buy and plant a tree because I live in the right climate.

hibeam,
Top Bottom