Political outlooks

adamster

HI I am trying to understand how this works. I am liberal minded but not on every issue. Still, as I see it, we are an oppressed minority. Our plant that we love, is not allowed to be thought of in legal normal way like tomatoes. So in an organic way, I support people's rights like gay marriage, or the gender bathroom thing. In principal. Even if part of me thinks the bathroom thing is much ado about nothing, I stand with people who feel oppressed. I don't need to vet them. DO you think Cannabis does unite people in this way? That its the cannabis that opens my mind to the important aspects of an issue rather than 'just say no' approach?
And if this is the case how do you explain the many strong 'converatives ' who also consume cannabis. Or its that they just focusing on the money part, the assumption that liberals tax more and give less, the conservatives tax less and so that is somehow better than using money to help people even if there is a corruption in that. I am also hoping for a better economy, even tho I did not vote for trump for instance I would hope he can improve the economy, shock me.

howie105

Looking at something as complicated as MJ legalization requires study and contemplation. The resulting conclusion may not put you into either the liberal or consecrative camps. So bottom line. sometimes ones best assessment of a situation is an exercise in isolation.

Last edited:
howie105,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
If the president does well and makes the right decisions in regards to the advancement of the average hard working American it's a win for everyone. No matter what color they are or what religion shouldn't matter. He just needs to act with the dignity that the position requires. A president acts with care and respect to others and needs to stop tweeting conspiracy theories and grow up. Stop being insulting to others.

I truely believe everything you need to know in life you learned in kindergarten. Our president needs to take those values to heart.

We need a national health care plan for everyone in our country. We deserve it.

I guess my problem was right off the bat he was putting the worst people possible into his cabinet. What's with Jeff Sessions being Attorney General? Betsy Devos as the head of the Dept of Education? Steve Brannon said their plan was the deconstruction of our system of government. It looks like they are at a great start.

Our president is a habitual liar. My belief it's a dangerous character flaw. He is going to need the American people to believe him at one point or another and they are going to have doubts as to what he is saying is true.

Hopefully this president will leave the states alone far as cannabis is concerned but he's so unpredictable it's scary. He said during his presidential campaign he would leave the legal mj states alone. Our president doesn't tell the truth though, so we don't know what to expect.

Not sure if this thread will survive. Folks get testy when it comes to politics. We do have some folks that pushes other's buttons.

Those conservatives that use cannabis need to help to push cannabis forward not backwards. Some liberals in congress and the senate don't believe in legal cannabis. It's really dependent on the individual.

This president could close down legal cannabis very easily. He couldn't do the same for medical weed. Medical states need to make sure they have a good medical system for their citizens. States like New York have a terrible medical mj program. They don't even allow flowers only mj oil and it's very expensive. Pain needs to be added to every mmj state. They all need to include flowers and concentrates as well as edibles.

Keep calm and vape on!:2c::leaf:

Last edited:
CarolKing,
Reactions: cybrguy

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
HI I am trying to understand how this works. I am liberal minded but not on every issue. Still, as I see it, we are an oppressed minority. Our plant that we love, is not allowed to be thought of in legal normal way like tomatoes. So in an organic way, I support people's rights like gay marriage, or the gender bathroom thing. In principal. Even if part of me thinks the bathroom thing is much ado about nothing, I stand with people who feel oppressed. I don't need to vet them. DO you think Cannabis does unite people in this way? That its the cannabis that opens my mind to the important aspects of an issue rather than 'just say no' approach?
And if this is the case how do you explain the many strong 'converatives ' who also consume cannabis. Or its that they just focusing on the money part, the assumption that liberals tax more and give less, the conservatives tax less and so that is somehow better than using money to help people even if there is a corruption in that. I am also hoping for a better economy, even tho I did not vote for trump for instance I would hope he can improve the economy, shock me.

Interesting post - thanks for sharing

I agree cannabis users are an oppressed minority because I believe cannabis should be legal. We are hardly "oppressed" in any true sense of the word. Unless you are for no government at all and consider the idea of having to play by their rules oppression. I am also for gay marriage and don't give a shit what bathroom you use - but I would also not consider either of those groups oppressed either and would consider it all something about nothing. I would love to be able to grow cannabis legally but it's not in the cards yet - I agree with the right of living that I should be able too it comes from earth, etc, but I also understand the reality of living in USA and the rules that come with that.

Consider how would you designate the land, yours, without government. It's your right to grow but do you just have the right to the earth beneath your feet? Whose to say I can't rip them out because I don't want weeds growing out the ground. That's my right. Does that make sense? Just an interesting thought IMO - I think that you should be able to on your property since property tax and you pay for electricity and everything but all of that comes cause of government. The "it grows from the earth so I should be able to plant it anywhere" is a pipe dream not based in reality of world we live in.

I don't think smoking cannabis opens your eyes to liberalism. But I agree it unites people of all colors creeds and religions and politics. i just was out of town for weekend trip with my mates - liberal vegan, liberal green earth hippy type, libertarian me, conservative business owner, politically apathetic guy. We had a great time - point is and as mentioned earlier is that politics shouldn't define a person and cannabis is a good common ground from my experience.

I am for legalization and also am for taxation of cannabis. I am against most forms of forced tax but for stuff like that I am for it - it is your choice to use. This is money you can use for social programs and other shit. I am fine with high alcohol and tobacco tax use - like yeah it sucks but it's reality. I would much rather stuff be funded through taxes that happen as a result of choice than stuff funded because X says I need to give Y amount. Surely no one thought it would be tax free so I wonder when I see gripes about it because we got legalization which is what theh wanted.

HellsWindStaff,
Top Bottom