Pocketable, stealthy, and not smelly

noobvaperct

Price is no concern but I am looking for a vape that can check all three of those boxes. Primarily looking for something best to use out and about. Not interested in anything butane related. I don’t care if it had a removable battery, I also don’t care if it has a USB-C charging port or if it has pass-thru charging. Just want something that doesn’t completely suck and I can be out and about and people won’t know if I’m walking by within reason. I also don’t care if it’s session or on demand. I thought I was going to go with the Pax 3 until everyone said it smells/leaves a smell which to me kills the stealthiness.

GoldenBud

the goal of the cannabis terpenes is to smell, there's no vaporization without smelling, but, i can tell you that I switched from smoking to vaporization in a 50(m^2) apartment and my roommate never smelled it with closed door! (4 years ago..)

get a vape with small chamber. Dynavap probably? Tinymight?
every expert nose will smell it tho..

i mean, if you will get huge bowl , it will smell more.... i think

Last edited:

noobvaperct

the goal of the cannabis terpenes is to smell, there's no vaporization without smelling, but, i can tell you that I switched from smoking to vaporization in a 50(m^2) apartment and my roommate never smelled it with closed door! (4 years ago..)

get a vape with small chamber. Dynavap probably? Tinymight?
every expert nose will smell it tho..

i mean, if you will get huge bowl , it will smell more.... i think
Dyna is out because I'm not going to travel with an IH and don't want to use butane. TM seems too nice to travel with almost...I'm on the waiting list for a FW8 but I guess I'm looking for something I don't care if it gets banged around...I have my premium setup at home already.

noobvaperct,

maremaresing

100% Pax 2/3 is what you need with those rubber smell caps they sell. I have similar needs and out of all the vapes I tried that was the winner. In use, it's going to smell because you are roasting flower and it produces a ton of vapor. Shouldn't be a problem outside.

Get the half pack lid it makes it so you never have to stir to get a full roast.

If you need absolute hands down no smell rips the only thing I've found for that is the MLFB.

Vaporhead99

You're not going to get a vape that emits zero smell unless you can find weed that doesn't smell at all.

Get the Pax 3, it is very easy to clean and its small enough that you can carry it in a smell proof bag if you take it out loaded up. I mentioned in the Pax thread too that I have taken mine to work in the past and as long as it's stored in my RYOT case then no one smells it and when I do vape outside I just go somewhere away from other vapers / smokers to be more discreet.

noobvaperct

100% Pax 2/3 is what you need with those rubber smell caps they sell. I have similar needs and out of all the vapes I tried that was the winner. In use, it's going to smell because you are roasting flower and it produces a ton of vapor. Shouldn't be a problem outside.

Get the half pack lid it makes it so you never have to stir to get a full roast.

If you need absolute hands down no smell rips the only thing I've found for that is the MLFB.
Pax seems to be the best for the pocket/stealth aspect and yeah I get it, cannabis is going to smell no matter what...not a whole lot you can do there I was just looking for least smelly if that's even a thing. And sorry - what's the MLFB?

noobvaperct,

Vaporhead99

MFLB is the magic flight launch box, it was actually one of my first vapes and I still have it, it uses a certain type of AA battery to power it. I definitely wouldn't reccomend it over the Pax even though it's a nice little unit, the vapor is no where near as good as the Pax and has a steeper learning curve (some of my friends found it difficult to use) and you can combust quite easily with it.

Vaporhead99,
Reactions: Goneja

maremaresing

Yeah google the MFLB if you are more curious. There is a thread for it here too. Very old vape, great for it's time. Instant on demand vapor and microdosing makes a combo that is fully stealth. I don't recommend it over modern vapes.

maremaresing,
Reactions: Goneja

noobvaperct

You're not going to get a vape that emits zero smell unless you can find weed that doesn't smell at all.

Get the Pax 3, it is very easy to clean and its small enough that you can carry it in a smell proof bag if you take it out loaded up. I mentioned in the Pax thread too that I have taken mine to work in the past and as long as it's stored in my RYOT case then no one smells it and when I do vape outside I just go somewhere away from other vapers / smokers to be more discreet.
How obvious would it be if I wanted to just pocket the Pax 3 without using some extra bag? That was my goal, something pocketable just like the Pax 3 - seems like there's a hole to fill if someone can figure it out huh?

noobvaperct,
Reactions: LesPlenty

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I don’t think anything will have no smell in use as others suggested.

I want a similar vape for when I’m on the go and butane isn’t an option (at shows, kayaking, just places where I don’t have time to spin a dyna and torch the tip). I haven’t jumped yet as it’s not an urgent need, but it seems like the xmax v3 pro ticks all the boxes to me while still being something of a beater. There’s also the Roffu, but it comes in at a higher price point so I’m not as interested for this use case (again, wanting a bit of a beater).

I’ve heard the pax smells as much or more as any other vape in use, but if you dig the form factor I’m sure it’s fine. My buddy has one and it’s just a bear to keep clean. The taste isn’t ideal as it’s conduction, but maybe you won’t mind. I just find that after a single bowl it seems to be gunked enough to no longer vape evenly.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: HughJass

noobvaperct

I don’t think anything will have no smell in use as others suggested.

I want a similar vape for when I’m on the go and butane isn’t an option (at shows, kayaking, just places where I don’t have time to spin a dyna and torch the tip). I haven’t jumped yet as it’s not an urgent need, but it seems like the xmax v3 pro ticks all the boxes to me while still being something of a beater. There’s also the Roffu, but it comes in at a higher price point so I’m not as interested for this use case (again, wanting a bit of a beater).

I’ve heard the pax smells as much or more as any other vape in use, but if you dig the form factor I’m sure it’s fine. My buddy has one and it’s just a bear to keep clean. The taste isn’t ideal as it’s conduction, but maybe you won’t mind. I just find that after a single bowl it seems to be gunked enough to no longer vape evenly.
Honestly was also looking at the XMAX v3 Pro as well, just not sure how pocketable it is or what the heating element/vapor pathway materials are made out of. I also haven't hear that it's as or smellier than the Pax.

Vaporhead99

How obvious would it be if I wanted to just pocket the Pax 3 without using some extra bag? That was my goal, something pocketable just like the Pax 3 - seems like there's a hole to fill if someone can figure it out huh?
If you pocketed the Pax as is but loaded it with weed it would smell the same as if you were walking with the same amout of weed in a baggy in your pocket, it would be noticeable imo.

For instance when I go shopping to the supermarket I load my Pax and just throw it in my rucksack without my case, sometimes I don't vape it on my travels there and when I'm in the queue at the supermarket I'll smell weed and think I'm near someone carrying before realising it's my Pax I can smell.

Vaporhead99,

gordontreeman

Honestly was also looking at the XMAX v3 Pro as well, just not sure how pocketable it is or what the heating element/vapor pathway materials are made out of. I also haven't hear that it's as or smellier than the Pax.
It looks like it’s longer but narrower than the pax. Plenty pocketable for my needs. I believe the vapor pathway is ceramic, glass, and steel but I’m not 100%. I have a hard time believing that pax spent more time thinking about purity of air path given it’s designed to appeal to John q. Consumer.

It seems like reading through the thread a big concern of yours is being discrete. For what it’s worth I’ve never had a problem with a dynavap in a futo stash when out and about, and those are no more smell-proof than anything else you’ve mentioned or looked at (again, in my pocket—every vape smells in use). If your concern is the flower smelling from your pocket there are smell-proof pouches and bags on the market that might be a worthwhile investment. I know Ryot makes some small zippered ones that would fit in a pocket, but I’m sure there are others. I bet in a pinch a ziplock bag would work. Again, though, ime unless I’m opening a grinder or something it’s not a big deal to have a loaded vape in my pocket.

Last edited:
gordontreeman,
Reactions: Grass Yes

LesPlenty

Company Rep
There’s also the Roffu, but it comes in at a higher price point
US$140 for the Lite kit, 420edc chuck in a case too even though you don't want one. :tup:

maremaresing

I'm interested in the roffu too, but it's 2x the size of a pax and you can't clean the airpath. Not being able to sanitize/clean the airpath is a dealbreaker for me.

Not obvious. Seriously this is all you need:

Looks like a phone charger or something, keeps all smells in, keeps mouthpiece clean.

It doesn't smell any more than most vapes. The smell and complaints about cleaning are two things I never understood. Pax takes 20 seconds to clean. It comes with a little brush ramrod and everything. Dip that in ISO and run it through the airpath, then give the oven a little wipe. Easiest to clean device I've ever had.

Taste is, of course, roasty like other conduction vapes. I prefer conduction for portables due to the ease of vapor and not needing to stir, so this doesn't bother me. It's pretty good on flavor for a conduction vape, though. Worlds better than a starry (which I also like).

FWIW, I had a v3 pro and sold it within a week of getting the PAX 2. It worked that much better for my needs.

Last edited:

gordontreeman

I'm interested in the roffu too, but it's 2x the size of a pax and you can't clean the airpath. Not being able to sanitize/clean the airpath is a dealbreaker for me.

Not obvious. Seriously this is all you need:

Looks like a phone charger or something, keeps all smells in, keeps mouthpiece clean.

It doesn't smell any more than most vapes. The smell and complaints about cleaning are two things I never understood. Pax takes 20 seconds to clean. It comes with a little brush ramrod and everything. Dip that in ISO and run it through the airpath, then give the oven a little wipe. Easiest to clean device I've ever had.

Taste is, of course, roasty like other conduction vapes. I prefer conduction for portables due to the ease of vapor and not needing to stir, so this doesn't bother me. It's pretty good on flavor for a conduction vape, though. Worlds better than a starry (which I also like).
It’s not that cleaning is inherently difficult, it’s that it’s required so frequently. I don’t own it so maybe my buddy is very picky or exaggerates, but his big knock on the pax was that he has to clean it after every other bowl.

gordontreeman,

maremaresing

I clean my pax once every.... month? two? No idea how many bowls that is but tell your friend to chill. Of course, if they are running wax through it that changes everything. Or not doing cooldown hits and just leaving vapor in the airpath all the time to gunk it up.

maremaresing,
Reactions: 3dayphunk

Vaporhead99

It’s not that cleaning is inherently difficult, it’s that it’s required so frequently. I don’t own it so maybe my buddy is very picky or exaggerates, but his big knock on the pax was that he has to clean it after every other bowl.
I use my Pax about 5 times per day and I'll clean it every 3-5 days but I can understand why someone would want / need to clean it daily.

When I visit Amsterdam I have to clean it after 2 uses as there is so much more buildup of resin compared to weed from the UK especially under the screen that it seriously restricts the draw and I have no choice but to clean it after every other use when in Dam.

gordontreeman

When I visit Amsterdam I have to clean it after 2 uses as there is so much more buildup of resin compared to weed from the UK especially under the screen that it seriously restricts the draw and I have no choice but to clean it after every other use when in Dam.
I will have to ask him, but I think this is exactly what he identified as the issue!

Vizyt91

My stealthiest vape for on the go is the arizer go, looks like an ecig (dotaio) 👍

Vizyt91,

attackpoints

I use my Pax about 5 times per day and I'll clean it every 3-5 days but I can understand why someone would want / need to clean it daily.

I had a pax 2 and sold it because I found cleaning it to be a bit of a pain. The draw resistance after a couple of sessions is pretty noticeable so I was one of those users who would clean up the air path about every 3 sessions. I would iso swab the oven occasionally but had to give the removable part a long soak before I decided it was clean enough for selling.

I can't knock its design. It's sleek, easily pocketable, and very discrete. It looks like a portable charger. It absolutely survived many drops and feels really durable.

It does get pretty smelly after a session, but I used these silicone sleeves (mostly so the heat from the unit didn't bother my hands) that did a pretty decent job masking the smell. Gonna echo what everyone has said, vaping is smelly. Less smelly than combustion, but there's no mistaking it.

The proprietary charger was also pretty annoying.

That said, with fine grind and a tight pack it's a solid vape that gets a lot of hate because the price is inflated. Get it on sale or second hand imo

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
TM seems too nice to travel with almost...

It is actually pretty perfect to travel with actually, quite a few of us have taken it on a plane without issue, what's great is that you can take it apart to clean completely, and with glass stems as your chamber and vapor path those are even easier to clean quickly and fully... On top of that it is on demand pure convection with a full temperature dial, easy to control the smell and the high with great flavor. Might not be as small and sleek as other options, but the practicality and versatility makes it worthwhile imo

Top Bottom