Plenty or SSV or LSV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokey123

I'm moving properties next week to somewhere with my own front door, which means one thing: it's time to put my trusty, minimal smelling Woodeez to the side and get another vape.
I'm really not sure which vape I should go for though. I'm trying to decide between the Plenty, SSV (with Ground Glass) and LSV, as they all cost roughly the same (in the UK) and are hands free. £220 really is as high as I can go, so if you have any recommendations them please suggest cheaper models, if anything.

Here are some things I'm looking for:

1. Ease of Use - This is why I'm looking at these three in the first place. I'm leaning towards the Plenty because it seems that the other two are a bit awkward to use, particularly when I'm lying in bed.

2. Effectiveness/Efficiency - Why spend more when I can spend less? The Plenty appears to be the worst when it comes to efficiency but delivers a very good high and thick vapour production, I hear. I'm willing to sacrifice effectiveness for efficiency though.

3. Smell - Not really all that important but I want to be considerate considering my flatmate isn't a user. Although I'm guessing that the smell is pretty much the same for all of them.

I'm not bothered about using a water-pipe or bong with any of these, nor am I concerned about portability or using the vape as a "party model." I want a vape that is easy to use, efficient and hard hitting, for around £200, if that isn't too much to ask.

tokey123,

(We'll call him B)

The SSV is what you should get, the dab dome and aroma therapy dish make it multi functional. SSV's are sturdy and heat up quick. SSV's are not good for laying in bed. If you scratch the bottom of an SSV it smells like bananas.

(We'll call him B),

treeman

Hey man I've not tried a SSV or an LSV but I own a Dabuddha (which I got for £140 new on ebay.co.uk) and my friend has a plenty.
Frankly, I really didn't rate the plenty. I did manage to get a hit off of it but I had to put loads in its huge herb chamber, even using its liquid pad as a spacer made it less efficient than my DBV. Its temperature dial is really quite shitty and the whole thing didn't feel particularly solid.
I'd personally go for an SSV or DBV over the life saver/plenty, I find them easier to use as they're stationary and I quite like having a whip
I've been told the SSV puts out slightly thicker vapor than the buddha, I seek the thickest of vapor and am quite satisfied with my DBV so its up to you if you think an SSV is worth extra cash.

max

Out to lunch
Effectiveness/Efficiency - Why spend more when I can spend less? The Plenty appears to be the worst when it comes to efficiency but delivers a very good high and thick vapour production, I hear. I'm willing to sacrifice effectiveness for efficiency though.
As treeman says, the DBV/DaBuddha is all you need. It's cheaper than the Plenty and can deliver vapor rich hits. It's also a very reliable, time tested design.

Pretty much all good, name brand vapes can deliver "a very good high". Vaporization is a pretty simple process and there are no patented 'secrets' that give one manufacturer an edge over the others. The differences are mainly ease of use and hit size, and the DBV does just fine in the hit size dept. It may well be the best buy there is in an AC powered big hitting whip vape. I would easily buy it instead of the Plenty, even if the Plenty was a better buy, which it isn't. Everyonedoesit.com has the black version in stock. The silver costs even less but they're out of stock on that one.

tokey123

I'm actually leaning towards the LSV, unless anyone can persuade me otherwise...

Is there any reason to choose the Da Buddha over the SSV, apart from price though?

BranFlakes188

LSV's a great vape if you'd like to remove the whip altogether (same heater again). People here love that thing.

No real reason to pick DBV over SSV other than price. That being said, you'll be happy with any 7th Floor unit. I've had my SSV for about 4 months now, and it's been on almost 24/7. Thing's a tank, I know I'm going to have it for years to come. I'm probably going to grab a flavor oil kit soon :)

Dr. Plutonious

I'm actually leaning towards the LSV, unless anyone can persuade me otherwise...

Is there any reason to choose the Da Buddha over the SSV, apart from price though?

The SSV has a better angle on the heater. I've ran the DBV and SSV side by side and consistently got thicker vape from the SSV.

The LSV is a great piece as well, the only drawback of it really is you need a place to set it down. It's definitely the best of the 3 when it comes to glass.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
The LSV is a great piece as well, the only drawback of it really is you need a place to set it down.

This is the only thing that turned me off about the LSV, you constantly have to hold the entire unit. Didn't fit my usage. The short vapor path would be worth the trade-off if you don't mind holding the LSV.

Another positive for the SSV/DBV is that it can be left on 24/7, for on demand hits. The wand and material can be removed from the heater, so no worries of lost vapors. And basically it consumes (@ 100% power) about as much power as a 26W CFL, so not a huge draw.

tokey123

This is the only thing that turned me off about the LSV, you constantly have to hold the entire unit. Didn't fit my usage. The short vapor path would be worth the trade-off if you don't mind holding the LSV.

Another positive for the SSV/DBV is that it can be left on 24/7, for on demand hits. The wand and material can be removed from the heater, so no worries of lost vapors. And basically it consumes (@ 100% power) about as much power as a 26W CFL, so not a huge draw.

I was set on getting the LSV but now I might have to reconsider. Although I really do like the short wand. When you say you have to constantly hold the unit, are you talking literally? What happens if you lay it on its side on a table or bed...potential fire hazard, the weed will fall out, or...?

tokey123,

max

Out to lunch
I was set on getting the LSV but now I might have to reconsider. Although I really do like the short wand. When you say you have to constantly hold the unit, are you talking literally? What happens if you lay it on its side on a table or bed...potential fire hazard, the weed will fall out, or...?
Once you get a few solid recommendations and feel like you know which models are good ones, do a search on youtube and you'll find lots of demo vids and reviews. This one is done by the lovely Linda, who is a veteran vape reviewer as well as an FC member. Plenty of other vids on the 7th Floor products too.

lwien

Weird how she puts the end cap on after she inserts the wand and takes the end cap off before she takes the wand out. When you use the wand, there is no need to take the end cap on or off. Just leave it on.

She also attaches the WPA to the LSV via the end cap, which is also kind of odd. I just put the WPA on the bong and hold the LSV on the WPA without the end cap.

Guess there really isn't a right or wrong way to do this, but I just find the way she's using it a bit odd. I don't use it this way and I don't think I've ever seen any vids of anyone else using it in this way either. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom