Piperine for enhanced bioavailability

shredder

Ive been experimenting with black pepper oil for a while. Piperine or bioperine (trade name) comes from black pepper. And its used like how I use black pepper oil. For enhanced bioavailability. I've ordered some bioperine to experiment with. Stay tuned, it might take a while but I'll report what I find.

shredder

Isn't black pepper used to calm down when you are extremely ultra high? Looking forward to your experiment results!

Thats one thing it does, but there are lots of benefits from using black pepper in some form.

shredder

I just finished a batch of CPL ( https://www.leafly.com/strains/capleton)
hash capsules. And then started another of the same using a food grade black pepper oil at 12 drops for 58 capsules.

Both had CPL hash, lecithin and coconut oil. The first batch was 50mg the second 45mg. I used size 0 gelcaps in each.

The first capsules were a little rough in that during the peak they can get pretty racy.

The second batch did not have that racyness. They were maybe 90% as strong, but more pleasent of a ride and they seem to last quite a bit longer.

My wife and I each took one at 3pm yesterday and were still comfortably high at 11pm. Probably 2+ hours longer than the first batch without the black pepper oil.

I expect and hope for simular effects from the bioperine. Btw BioPerine is in a lions mane mushroom suppliment I take as well and at 20mg per capsule and I take 2 daily. Ive read it can have negative effects at 140mg daily if I remember correctly so that may be a consideration.

shredder

Appologies for the double post, but i think this is important to post.

The mushroom suppliment i take actually has 10mg per capsule not 20mg like i posted. 20mg was for a 2 capsule "serving".

If anyone tries using this be sure that you dont already have piperine in your diet. If you do be aware of the dose. It is used mostly in suppliments. 6 black peppercorns would have 1mg of piperine on average.

I havnt really found an unsafe dose for piperine other that at 250-420mg per kilogram of body weight caused damage to mice in a test. And I read somewhere some advice to stay under 140mg per dose. Still though ill stay at low doses to be safe.

Piperine can make some medicines stronger. And also enhance bioavailabilty for toxins. So if you are close to polutants, pesticides or the like using piperine probably isnt a good idea.

For most of us we should be safe at low to moderate doses. Piperine is listed as generally safe. As always do your own research and stay safe.

DrJynx86

I commented about the effects of black pepper to my family during dinner last night and we were all grinding a lot of extra pepper on our pasta, will keep it natural because on my country you don't get any kind of supplement or oils.

Thanks for the updates!

shredder

Interesting to read about it!
AFAIK, Black pepper (and Grapes too) can 'fight' in some ways against Cancer forming. really powerful thing

I have used black pepper oil for a while. In muscle rubs i use a topical version. In capsules a food grade oil. I think it adds to the duration of thc effects. And if you google it the list of benefits are impressive.

All this time i thought black pepper oil had piperine in it. Some web sites support that. But ive found others that say that there is no piperine in black pepper oil.

For now, unless i learn otherwise, i dont think there is pioerine in the oil but i still see benefits to using both.

Since i have a shit ton of capsules already made, i think ill make some stand alone piperine capsules to try with thc capsules. I'll probably try 10mg capsules to start. And then maybe caps with piperine (a powder) and black pepper oil.

shredder

I made 20 capsules using 10mg piperine, 2 drops of black pepper oil for each capsule plus coconut oil. These are stand alone capsules to take with a thc capsule, they have no thc.

I bought the piperine off amazon. Its a white powder. Mixed with black pepper oil and coconut oil makes the mix milky white.

The black pepper oil doesnt not smell like black pepper. Its a somewhat pleasent fruity smell and full of terpenes.

So far i tested these new caps with a mild indica capsule and a stronger green crack sativa capsule.

Using these caps with the weed capsules made the effects a little stronger and extend the buzz by a few hours. Basically the same buzz only stronger and longer.

Ill keep testing and reporting.

Top Bottom