1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Pinnacle Hydrotube 2.0?

Discussion in 'ABV' started by Ratchett, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratchett

Ratchett Delta 3D Studios Designer Accessory Maker

Hey everyone!

I've decided I love my Davinci Ascent, and I want to buy a hydrotube for it.

I see the standard 14mm Pinnacle Hydrotube for around $70 on ebay. But I'm also seeing something called a Vaporblunt 2.0 18mm Glass Hydro Water Tube on ebay for around $99.

I'm kinda confused, which one should I go for? I have not purchased the GONG adapter from Davinci yet, but I want to know which hydrotube I should buy before I decide on either the 14mm or the 18mm GONG.

The price difference doesn't bother me, I simply want a better device (build quality, performance, etc).
  2. Reflections

Reflections Well-Known Member

Hey Ratchett, I have the ascent with the 14 mm gong and the Pnwt..Its the smallest of the 2 you are looking at..which in my opinion would be better holding, because the ascent gong sticks out a bit,and paired up with a longer tube might be a bit awkard to hold. My :2c:
    Ratchett likes this.
  3. Ratchett

How is the draw? One concern I have is the ascent requires extremely gentle draws to obtain optimal vapor.

I know with my waterpipes (even the ones with a diffused downstem), it requires a harder draw than I use with the Ascent. Does the PNWT actually allow for a smooth slow gentle draw?

Thanks for the insight, anyone else have some opinions?
  4. Zormac

Zormac Well-Known Member

Is there some cheaper alternative with a similar design? The shippingcost to my country is more then half the price of the tube.
  5. Reflections

Reflections Well-Known Member

I wouldnt call it a slow sipper...
    Ratchett likes this.
  6. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

The 19mm tubes from Vaporblunt were made for the Vaporblunt and vaporblunt 2.0.

The 14mm VaporBlunt wt is for the pinnacle ( just answering the question in the thread title).

Go with the 14mm PNWT, much better size with the Ascent IMHO.

:peace:
    SSVUN~YAH, Reflections and Ratchett like this.
  7. Ratchett

Thanks all for the help! Looks like I'm going for the PNWT!
    RUDE BOY and Reflections like this.
  8. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

Actually I have been looking around for an 18mm hydrotube. I only seem to be able to find 14mm and Vaporblunt don't seem to have any 18mm options on their website. Any ideas?

Edit: sorry just found the listing that Ratchett mentioned and they have 10 in stock. Sweet!! Nice find Ratchett. Gas is pushing me to the edge lol but I have really been wanting an 18mm hydrotube and they seem very rare. To be honest the only ones I have been able to locate are the ones made by Vapexhale and they are certainly not cheap :\
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    Ratchett likes this.
  9. Ratchett

Glad you found the listing :)
    $99 right?

I still think i'm going for the PNWT since I just bought the 14mm GONG adapter for my Ascent. I see it's apparently a nice addition even without the PNWT. Next week I'll buy the water tube, Still getting the hang of vaping, but I'm a convert!! Smoked my old pipe earlier today, couldn't believe the taste difference
  10. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

@Ratchett - hey just a quick idea for you. Various China sellers are offering the 14mm Pinnacle Hydrotube (unofficial) very cheap right now. You can actually get 5 units for about $100 total (depends on shipping). If you have a few friends to share it could make it very cheap for you.
    SSVUN~YAH and Ratchett like this.
  11. Zormac

Zormac Well-Known Member

Where can you find this?
  12. Ratchett

Thanks, but sadly, I'm the only vapist of all my friends around these parts. I'd be lucky if I sold one, ha ha ha.

Unless someone wants to do a bulk purchase, I'll order them and ship them from my house using USPS flat rate boxes. - @Zormac - if you're interested PM me, if we can find 1 or 2 more people it would be worth it.
    SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  13. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

Hey guys. Check out the last page or so in the cheap glass thread in the glass section. I better not post it here and piss off the mods but there are a few links and some discussion going on over there. :D
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    Ratchett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors