Pill bottle in Mason jar.

VapingDitto

420 Gamer
Hey guys, I recently picked up a bunch of strains for my medical needs. I am wondering if my herbs will go dry if I put them into a mason jar. I'm talking about putting like 10 pill bottles into a Mason jar. Anyone tried this?

-Much love!
-VapingDitto

VapingDitto,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
If you wish to preserve humidity you can always use these (I do):

Click pic for more info ^^^

" Boveda/Humidipak's 62% Boveda/Humidipak patented 2 way humidity technology ensures a relative humidity of 62% with a +or- 1% humidity variance."

These are new, 60 grams, for the "mega vault" 4.5 gallons or 17 liters wow :)

t-dub,
Reactions: Vicki

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I say stay away from plastic. Especially for longer storage or larger amounts.

Always watch for mold too.
Good advice. I use a separate container for each strain. I have 1 CVault and then use mason jars for the rest because of cost. I do like the Boveda packs, they work. :tup:

jahi

http://globalcannabismarch.com/WE_CAN_DO_THIS_.htm
if you want instead of pill bottles try baby food jars (organic even) & if its dry properly it'll probably store well in the freezer/fridge. you can always remoisturize/humidify a small amount that you use if you want i dunno in a small glass container maybe jelly jar/baby food with a small piece of carrot inside that'll release humidity so check it daily if its too moist?:science::leaf:

jahi,

Nycdeisel

Good advice. I use a separate container for each strain. I have 1 CVault and then use mason jars for the rest because of cost. I do like the Boveda packs, they work. :tup:

Me too. Separate small glass mason jars for each kind. I havent used any of those packs but I dont really think I need them. I like my herb dry for my vapes. I would get Cvaults but they are a little pricey and I would need at least a few....

Now if you dont mind, im going to watch a video on decalcifying ones pineal gland :p

Nycdeisel,
Reactions: t-dub

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Jahi, using orange peel or carrot needlessly introduces a host of biological contaminates, plus a food source for those contaminates, into your supply. True, your method may better than nothing (assuming your herb doesn't mold), but the humidipaks are an improvement I think? For me, the 62% so far has been perfect.

Nycdeisel

Absolutely right tdub. Definitely stay away from adding any such things in with your herb.

Nycdeisel,

jahi

Jahi, using orange peel or carrot needlessly introduces a host of biological contaminates, plus a food source for those contaminates, into your supply. True, your method is better than nothing but the humidipaks are an improvement I think.
ok get humipaks then if usually for storage i dunno what's best maybe well cured dry preferably vac sealed like some people have the pump & seal or just squeeze out all the air, suck out rest if possible with lips.
if there's water or any moisture in humidpaks then all that can grow bacteria/mold potentially i guess, so if you want to rehydrate anyting that's too brittle like vapingditto was worried if it may go dry & after long time storage it may, i thought a small piece of carrot like back many yrs ago i remember would help keep things moist & like good fresh foods fresh carrots may have antibacterial properties if the humidipaks do? very sleepy gudnite:zzz:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
For home storage, vacuum packing with an oxygen absorber is what I use right now. I have a FoodSaver with the wide mouth jar attachment that we have been using to put up long term storage foods. I might consider adding a humidity pack to my 1/2 gallon Mason Jars I use at home. I realize that a FoodSaver is expensive and not an option for many, I am lucky we had one already. So I just use the Humidipaks in my smaller jars in the refrigerator right now, not the big jars, yet.

http://www.foodsaver.com/product.aspx?pid=9066

t-dub,

jahi

have you found that humidipaks give perfect moisture level for your liking, or would others find not enuff or too much moisture & are paks adjustable can u dry them in oven or add more say 1% or 2% hydrogen peroxide to help moisture & prevent bacteria growth maybe? carrots can be freshly used for just a few days, organic, & kinda cut smaller piece if less humidity is for not too dry stuff
MAPS E-Mail Newsletter: DEA Goes to Court
for Blocking Medical Marijuana Research
May 7, 2012

Dear MAPS Members and Friends,

MAPS is making the case for medical marijuana.

Sometimes, you just have to stand your ground.

This Friday, after almost 11 years of legal proceedings, administrative hearings, and bureaucratic delays, the legal team representing Prof. Lyle Craker will finally have the chance to stand before a federal court and present the case for their federal lawsuit against the Drug Enforcement Administration to open the door for medical marijuana research.

In the May 2012 edition of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) E-mail Newsletter, you'll find the latest updates about our medical marijuana and psychedelic research and how we're working overtime to make these powerful tools into legally available treatments.
The first subject has a successful treatment in our relapse study of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD
The FDA gives official clearance for our new study MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD in Boulder, Colorado
The New York Times, FOX News, and CNN spotlight research into how psychedelic therapy could help people face death
MAPS gets ready to host a free lecture and discussion on May 31 at the University of California, San Francisco
In the last 12 months, MAPS has gained almost 10,000 followers on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and YouTube.

Please share this newsletter, spread the word about our work, and be a part of this exciting medical frontier. Ever upward,

Brad Burge
MAPS Director of Communications http://www.maps.org/media/update/

jahi,

lwien

I say stay away from plastic. Especially for longer storage or larger amounts.

Always watch for mold too.

Ditto. I use the SpaceCase containers, screw them down tight and put those in a mason jar. No need for additional moisture if put in well but freshly cured. Burp them once or twice during the first week or two and they're good to go for a long time.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
have you found that humidipaks give perfect moisture level for your liking, or would others find not enuff or too much moisture & are paks adjustable can u dry them in oven or add more say 1% or 2% hydrogen peroxide to help moisture & prevent bacteria growth maybe?
MAPS E-Mail Newsletter: DEA Goes to Court
for Blocking Medical Marijuana Research
May 7, 2012

Dear MAPS Members and Friends,

MAPS is making the case for medical marijuana.

Sometimes, you just have to stand your ground.

This Friday, after almost 11 years of legal proceedings, administrative hearings, and bureaucratic delays, the legal team representing Prof. Lyle Craker will finally have the chance to stand before a federal court and present the case for their federal lawsuit against the Drug Enforcement Administration to open the door for medical marijuana research.

In the May 2012 edition of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) E-mail Newsletter, you'll find the latest updates about our medical marijuana and psychedelic research and how we're working overtime to make these powerful tools into legally available treatments.
The first subject has a successful treatment in our relapse study of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD
The FDA gives official clearance for our new study MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD in Boulder, Colorado
The New York Times, FOX News, and CNN spotlight research into how psychedelic therapy could help people face death
MAPS gets ready to host a free lecture and discussion on May 31 at the University of California, San Francisco
In the last 12 months, MAPS has gained almost 10,000 followers on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and YouTube.

Please share this newsletter, spread the word about our work, and be a part of this exciting medical frontier. Ever upward,

Brad Burge
MAPS Director of Communications http://www.maps.org/media/update/

I have noticed in a couple of your posts throughout the forum, that you have added quotes/entire articles to a post, which has nothing to do with said article/post. I would suggest posting these in the appropriate forums, rather than where you've been posting them... For example, this post in the VapeXhale Cloud thread, is merely a one sentence reply to another member, not relevant to the thread, and then a chunk of an article about mmj legalization.

Try posting this info in the Cannabis News and Activism forum, or the Medical Discussion forum.

Back on topic, AFAIK Humidipacks can be purchased in various % humidity. I personally wouldn't attempt to modify the percentage of the humidity in one of those packs, when you can just get the percent needed. I remember reading a thread about the Cvault on here (i believe by vtac) that mentioned the packs being available in different percentage humidity levels.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I like the 62%, they work for me. From the Boveda website:

"Boveda sponsored an independent moisture sorption isotherm analysis on various strains over a wide range of Rh levels to objectively determine the ideal Rh for medical cannabis. These results showed that cannabis is best preserved in a 59-63% Rh environment. For this reason, Boveda has recently released our 62% Rh product"

Click pic for info ^^^

t-dub,
Reactions: Vicki

jahi

I like the 62%, they work for me. From the Boveda website:

"Boveda sponsored an independent moisture sorption isotherm analysis on various strains over a wide range of Rh levels to objectively determine the ideal Rh for medical cannabis. These results showed that cannabis is best preserved in a 59-63% Rh environment. For this reason, Boveda has recently released our 62% Rh product
I though well cured herb has about 90% water removed so its about 10% so that u can kinda snap a stem? wouldn't humidipak of 62% raised level of stuff to 15% or 20%? gradually over time weeks or months?

jahi,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Jahi, you need to study a little more about curing your medicine. Could you please remove that embedded video from your signature? Thanks.

jahi

Jahi, you need to study a little more about curing your medicine. Could you please remove that embedded video from your signature? Thanks.
you want me to remove why?

mod note: You can either remove it or it'll be done for you, and you'll get an infraction for a rules violation.
  • Do not use a huge, annoying or distracting signature or avatar.

jahi,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Because it shows up under every post you make and its big and annoying. Thats why.

Edit: I apologize for my snippy attitude but after the unrelated block-text cut and pastes, like we just went through recently elsewhere in the forum, and then the signature video, I just had to go take a hit. :chill:

EDIT: But I stand by my original request. Please, Jahi, would you be so kind as to take that embedded video out of your signature? Thanks so much. :peace:

t-dub,

jahi

enjoy:bigleaf:its good talks about dmt melatonin butterflies canada?

jahi,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Sorry for the off topic but I second that request Jahi. I'd hate to put you on ignore but I'll have to if you leave that there. It's terribly annoying when you scroll through pages quickly to find a post. Perhaps just using a regular link to the video in your signature would be an acceptable compromise?

Nycdeisel

Sorry for the off topic but I second that request Jahi. I'd hate to put you on ignore but I'll have to if you leave that there. It's terribly annoying when you scroll through pages quickly to find a post. Perhaps just using a regular link to the video in your signature would be an acceptable compromise?
This

Nycdeisel,
Reactions: t-dub

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation

Evidently not...rather than remove, they just changed the link to a longer video...still embedded

:rolleyes:

Purpl3_Haz3,

djonkoman

I though well cured herb has about 90% water removed so its about 10% so that u can kinda snap a stem? wouldn't humidipak of 62% raised level of stuff to 15% or 20%? gradually over time weeks or months?
the moisture content of the weed itself has to be less than 15% to prevent mold. between 10 and 15 is ideal I believe. but I think the 62% mentioned here is not about the moisture content of the bud, but the humidity in the air in the storage vessel. there is a thread on ICmag about curing with humidity meters in the jar, and with that method the humidity meter also gives values around 60-70%, while the actual moisturecontent of the buds is around 15%

I also second the opinion on the embedded video btw.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I have no idea what to use to measure the amount of moisture in herbs, but I think the 60-70% measurement comes from a device that's designed to measure the humidity in the surrounding air.

Interesting subject though, I would like to know a little more about this. Do you have a link perhaps Djonko?

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom