Pictures of various size loads

imamcfatty

Been meaning to try and track my usage but I don't know how much I use exactly in weight because I don't own a scale Could somebody help provide pictures of loads that include 0.02g, 0.05g, and 0.1g? Thank you

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Been meaning to try and track my usage but I don't know how much I use exactly in weight because I don't own a scale Could somebody help provide pictures of loads that include 0.02g, 0.05g, and 0.1g? Thank you

I bet you could successfully Google that. :rockon:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
When you get down to microdosing, it's difficult to estimate weight by looks. Even the strain can impact weight. Some strains are dense or have microstems...it's better if you can weigh it.

There is a scale on Amazon for around $20 that measures 0.001g.

EverythingsHazy

I highly recommend you pick up a scale capable of 0.01-0.001g measurements (the Gem20 is likely the one @DDave is referring to). He is correct in saying that different herb will weight different amounts. Your grind consistency will also affect the weight:volume ratio. The finer the consistency, the more weight you can fit in the same chamber.

Since you probably asked because you don't want to buy a scale, and I don't have any pictures to post, you could always measure out a larger portion, grind it all up, and then see how many equal sessions it takes to finish it, and then divide the total by that number (ie. buy a gram, vape the same number of loads each session until it is done, divide by that number). That would likely be close in accuracy, if not better than trying to measure the same amount as someone else by looking at a picture.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

If someone does post comparison pics, please put some reference items in, like a dime/ quarter/ JyARZ Classic to give a feel for relative size.
Maybe some small buds weighed out and some piles of medium grind herbage??

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
(the Gem20 is likely the one @DDave is referring to
That is the one! Thanks @EverythingsHazy

The accuracy of that scale has helped me keep my micro-dosing on track. I compare it to another scale from Amazon that only weighed out 0.01g. That meant I could have been dosing anywhere from 0.01 to 0.019. Where's the accuracy in an almost double-dose?

you could always measure out a larger portion, grind it all up, and then see how many equal

I like this idea, if a scale is definitely out.

So long as you grind consistently, then grind up a gram and divide it into 10 parts. Won't be spot on, but I bet you'll get a better accuracy than +/- .09g!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I weigh out a gram and then tally chart how many Vapcap loads I get out of it.
For me the VC has a consistent 0.05g bowl at a med/fine grind.
If I'm using my Homegrown Log and want to load it with the same amount I suck the greenery into the VC and transfer it to the log stem.
I've also put VC loads out on a flat surface and split them in half, I find it easier to divide a small load into two than a larger load into 10 or 20.

imamcfatty

Great suggestions all around. I guess $20 would be worth it to only take up exactly what I need for a lifetime. I would try splitting a gram but I've bought enough to last quite some time.

Also, thanks a lot for the pics @archangelz001
I remember seeing the weighed out 0.1g nug through a google search but never saw the second pic somehow. It was exactly what I wanted, reference item and all! You can even see details like the grind and stems. While not an exact weight, it gave me a pretty good estimate of what I've been using.

Last edited:

Tranquility

Depending on the location and out of an abundance of caution, you might consider keeping your scale in a place well different from other paraphernalia. It is considered by the courts/police as an "indicia of sale" and can change a charging from possession to possession for sale.

Top Bottom