Photos=Rocket Science

ghostofcyberx13

And That Ain't No Joke, You Can Disappear In Smoke
Well I guess I am spoiled on my little iPad. At two other sites(Forums) that I belong to, I just hit the picture button(In the message reply selection area) and it automatically takes me to choices of posting photos. I just select "Camera Roll" and then select the pictures I want, all very simple. I would love to post photos but it all seems complex with too many steps and even using cut and paste. I almost always do forums and message boards on my iPad as it's way convinient. Rarely do I go to the "Mothership" my Apple Desktop.

Anyway I'm just curious, does it cost more for a website to have the aforementioned set-up that some other forums have? Don't get me wrong I really like this site it's way cool but it's just the picture acquisition that befuddles this retired 68 year old. Maybe someday I'll give the picture thing another shot using the "Mothership" as I rather doubt that I will be trying the iPad route, I mean going to the suggested site leads to me to having to get an app to help perform the function. Sayonara.

ghostofcyberx13,
Reactions: Vaporific

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Actually, do NOT use the app with your iPad to post pics here.. it is a nightmare and gives you a non working URL.
Here is easiest way (that I know) to use iPad and IMGUR to upload images here.
1) log into you Imgur account on Safari. (Ignore the app!!)
2) assuming you have already uploaded image(s) on Imgur, you want to go to menu on upper left and choose “Images”
3) Click on the image you want to use on FC. You will see a URL next to the “link” drop down. Copy it and come back to FC.
4) Click on the picture icon - next to the smiley face icon.
5) paste URL in box and then add .jpg to end.
6) click Insert and you should be good to go!

Yes, it is a bit convoluted, but it is what it is. Vaping helps it to not matter.

Edit: if you have never used IMGUR before, it is as easy as you discussed other sites to be. You can upload straight from your photo gallery. Note that you can change the “public” option to “private” and still be able to share the URL.

ghostofcyberx13

Well I know absolutely nothing about IMGUR and never have heard or seen it until mentioned in this thread. The other two sites(forums/message boards) I use are just all automatic. Like when you are typeing a message there is a upload option button and once pressed leads to a pop-up that includes "My Photos" then from there I click on "Camera Roll" and choose from one to several pictures, click done and finally choosing full frame(or thumbprint) then just add reply. Super smooth and easy. So my question is does it cost more in running a message board to have this option? Thanks a lot. Regardless, I still love your site and look forward to someday posting some pictures but it will probably have to be with my Apple Desktop. Sayonara.

ghostofcyberx13,
Reactions: Vaporific

duff

Well worn
It would cost more because of the space it would take to store all of the pictures.

Web hosting packages have limited hard drive space and pictures eat up space very quickly. More space necessary means higher costs.

ghostofcyberx13

It would cost more because of the space it would take to store all of the pictures.

Web hosting packages have limited hard drive space and pictures eat up space very quickly. More space necessary means higher costs.

Thanks a whole bunch for being honest. Now vape 'em if ya got 'em...Sayonara.

ghostofcyberx13,
Top Bottom