Phone scammers??

MinnBobber

Hi, I have a bike for sale and someone responded and I gave them my cell phone number.
They did a verification of my number….I had to enter a code sent to me.

They said my number did not verify, can I send them a family member’s phone number.

I stopped there but this smells fishy.
Anything I should do at this point????

Their number was 910 359-1470
supposedly Natosha Jacobs.
????

Any suggestions what I should do at this point??

Thank you!

MinnBobber,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Why do they want to verify your number? What are they "verifying" it for and how? I don't even think that would be possible in the UK due to our privacy laws!

I would take down thier information though, that's probably not fair if they are legitimate.

If I were you I would refuse to give any further information and see what they do, if they are serious they will reply, if not they will forget about you hopefully.

MinnBobber

They wanted to verify my number to make sure I am real.
But they are probably not real/ a scam.

MinnBobber,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I dunno how verifying your telephone number means your a legitimate seller but ok!

Yeah, if they're serious they'll get back in touch

Cheebsy,

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Did they ask you your 1st pets name and the street you grew up on as part of the verification? Sounds like they were either concerned you posted a fake add to lure them in and rob them or they were planning on scamming you/robbing you.

ibnganja

definitely sounds like a scam, be careful if you gave them the code...

how do you know you didnt just register for something like whatsapp? or textplus? and now they have access to your # from a different service?

MinnBobber

I got scammed with google verification. Had to change my phone # to that of a friend's. Then I had to change her # back to my original #, thereby, getting rid of the previous link created by the scammer.

Thank you Summer!!!!
I followed that link and went thru the steps to claim/ reclaim my Google phone number, whatever that is and whatever it does….

I had another message asking to do the same, verify my number before they call me. I said no, let me call you….and they disappeared.

You f#cking scammers, get a life.

Last edited:
MinnBobber,
Reactions: Summer
Top Bottom