Phase3 Vaporizers

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I’ve been mostly obsessed with oil and nails lately, but I echo @Cheebsy ’s sentiment. We appreciate your work @invertedisdead , you have been an innovator from the beginning and your passion for the process is clear. If labor found its reward as a universal rule, your reward from creating what you have would be orders of magnitude larger. Thank you for creating amazing pieces, and please keep them coming for as long as you can make it work for your life situation!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I have Medicated with the ZX and realized exactly how little is needed for great Vapor. I put an infrared thermometer on the coil with pid set at 480F, shows about 480F,when put on the bottom of the heater about 370-380F which is about the highest Temperature for Terpene boiling points and find that setting 480-485F is where I will probably stay with the ZX Coil Temp. Setting.

With great input material the ZX will definitely milk up any glass with absolute bare minimum material. Even with bad material it works great.
I use my ZX when I'm in Mexico and due to the concentration of active compounds from the vaporization/distillation process it's really not that radically different from when I'm vaping organic California indoor (perceived potency, not flavor lol). Truthfully some of the Mexican herbs are actually better than a lot of fancy California legal market products. Seeded herb probably has a wider and more diverse cannabinoid spectrum than seedless feminized varietals.

Consider that much of the aromatic terpenes are typically going to co-distill with the water vapor in the dried herbs.

That's why the flavor and aromatics mostly vaporizes before the other desired molecules; they are taking an early ride with the water vapor as it's evaporated.

I'm so happy that you're already experiencing the super efficiency of the ZX! I vape all day every day and with the ZX being modeled after my personal usage style it has to be incredibly efficient and remain respectful to the stash, but I also find this equates to smoother, less harsh vapor by simply extracting less material at a time.

Thank you buddy, it's exactly what I was hoping for! Thank you for making, what i consider to be the pinnacle of heavy hitting convection beasts.

First impressions of the XL was how beautiful it is, that black shiny zirconia looks incredible. The bowl has some serious heft! I think it would make a great makeshift weapon in the end of a sock! It's also surprisingly voluminous, and I can't help but nearly fill it most of the time 😳. I'm getting 2 or 3 massive and tasty rips from a fluffy filled bowl and it's certainly hitting as hard as I hoped 😁. It does make me realise again, after many months of your 14mm injectors, how fucking efficient the z8 and zx are. Clouds almost as big and potent with much less material.

The coil was perfectly tight, but easy to install with no fear of breakage. I've settled on about 510f on the auber, the zx I usually run at 475 and the z8 at 480. Just like it's smaller sibling the vapour starts very quickly and just keeps on until the load is spent. I think the XL gives bigger lungfulls, but it's pretty marginal really. I also think the flavour is slightly better from the XL, I've been getting what I call terp nose (when the terps make your nose tickle pleasantly at the start of an exhale) more frequently.

Once the honeymoon is over though I don't think it will be a daily, I think I'll save it for when I need a massive hit that takes me by surprise, the 14mm ones have helped me lower my tolerance a little, at least in terms of dose size, and if like to keep that in check lol. I used to fill several elev8r bowls an evening and don't need to get back to that lol!

So, thank you Ryan, you've once again out done yourself. It's fan-fucking-tastic! 🥰❤️

P.S. I'm very sorry to hear of more bad news for you. You've had a hell of a year of it, its bound to get better soon man 👍

No doubt at all the bowl is an absolute beast, they came out really nice and feel so solid and hefty. You can tell right away that the ZXL is ready for some seriously heavy lifting. The bowl is super satisfying to load and ready to crush the largest of 18MM rigs. I knew if I was going to do the ZXL it really had to be able to hit the glass hard and dense with the same pure convection bliss as all my ball vape designs.

Totally know what you mean; the larger bowl on the ZXL allows for an extra concentrated flavor hit since you can load a lot more herb, and thus inhale more aromatic compounds and terpenes in a single inhalation. The signature PHASE3 gem-vection heating keeps the flavor just like the flower smells.

I'm beyond stoked to hear that your first impressions with the ZXL are stellar! That's what makes me want to keep making these things is I never get tired of hearing people enjoying my designs, it's such a great feeling and it gets me as high as the vapes :D

The 14MM gear is insanely efficient! Since the ZX came out after 7 iterations and 3 years of working on my 18MM designs it's been highly optimized to provide the benefits of the larger platforms, while allowing for faster extraction and the highest fuel efficiency.
The ZX is still my daily driver personally, but it was great to be able to offer the ZXL as I've been wanting to build a run of them for a while myself as it's always made sense to offer them; and I really do want to give the good people what they want!

Speaking of efficiency, the new upcoming ZX is positioned to borrow a few things from the ZXL, featuring 3 screen shelf positions.
one ledge closer to the heater for ultra micro doses, the standard position that all ZXBowls have had, and finally one deeper down, for a 33% increase in capacity. The bottom shelf is about the same depth as the glass bowls that originally shipped with the Z8 and ZX, should hold about .25g

Thanks so much for the support and kind words, it means a lot and I appreciate all of you for supporting the vision!

I’ve been mostly obsessed with oil and nails lately, but I echo @Cheebsy ’s sentiment. We appreciate your work @invertedisdead , you have been an innovator from the beginning and your passion for the process is clear. If labor found its reward as a universal rule, your reward from creating what you have would be orders of magnitude larger. Thank you for creating amazing pieces, and please keep them coming for as long as you can make it work for your life situation!

Cheers my friend, thanks a lot for being here and rocking with me. I have a bunch of concentrate ideas I want to get out, I just haven't quite had the resources to finish them yet but they're definitely on the drawing board. I've been working on the most advanced concentrate device I could come up with, but it needs some testing before I feel ready to release it. Hopefully soon I can get some samples. It's always such a challenge trying to decide what to do next. I feel a bit guilty that I haven't finished my stands and handles for my desktop vapes, but in reality I don't see those as much of a revenue generator so I've been less motivated to finish them as I need something to really take off to help the company grow. I'd love to have the capacity to create the desktops and portables that I know I have the ability to design.
Luckily I'm stubborn and don't know how to give up lol.

The zx is a masterpiece. 'Nuff said

And @invertedisdead you've got a dedicated community of supporters here.

Thanks for rocking with me, it means and helps a lot!

Alright well I'm really trying to get back at it again.
Today I'm back in the CAD files playing with some designs. Maybe I will go back to posting more stuff and concepts in here.
I really want to build products that people will continue to use and enjoy.

lluther

So my screen that keeps the balls in my ZX, came out. I was looking to put a new screen in its place as the fit wasn't great when I popped it back in and there's some dents in the screen material. I realised at this point that I have misplaced my spare screens.

So, two questions for the community:

1) Is the screen in the pic, the same size as the rest of the screens that come with the ZX for the Zirc Bowl? (see screenshot)

2) Any thoughts on the best replacement screens for both the ZX bowl and the baller head if different size? I'm UK based, so wanted to get something local if poss.

lluther,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So my screen that keeps the balls in my ZX, came out

Can I ask how that happened?

Yes the heater housing uses the same 1/2” screens as the bowl. I’m not sure on UK availability but it should be simple enough to find.

You’re probably going to want to empty the housing entirely and install the top screen first, from the bottom of the housing; then the beads, then click in the bottom screen.

lluther

Can I ask how that happened?

Yes the heater housing uses the same 1/2” screens as the bowl. I’m not sure on UK availability but it should be simple enough to find.

You’re probably going to want to empty the housing entirely and install the top screen first, from the bottom of the housing; then the beads, then click in the bottom screen.

"Can I ask how that happened?" - It fell from my table, it was undamaged other than the screen popping out.

"You’re probably going to want to empty the housing entirely and install the top screen first, from the bottom of the housing; then the beads, then click in the bottom screen."

Good to know!! Thanks!

4-Aces King-High

"Can I ask how that happened?" - It fell from my table, it was undamaged other than the screen popping out.

"You’re probably going to want to empty the housing entirely and install the top screen first, from the bottom of the housing; then the beads, then click in the bottom screen."

Good to know!! Thanks!
I will try the screen push from bottom to top.
mine dropped to the floor and dislodged screen. Have been trying to find a hack to keep that from happening again. So far I tried wire and more to keep screens in place . Finally used a piece of 3/8” high temperature silicone/ silicon hose .silicon melts at around 1400C But heat affects it above 200 C ,a solid strand copper wire could be used like a split washer wedged in against the screen.

the cut piece used in the top is about 1/16th or just enough to fill the space between the top of screen to top of ZX Heater.

Last edited:
4-Aces King-High,

lluther

I will try the screen push from bottom to top.
mine dropped to the floor and dislodged screen. Have been trying to find a hack to keep that from happening again. So far I tried wire and more to keep screens in place . Finally used a piece of 3/8” high temperature silicone/ silicon hose about 1/8 of an inch in the top and about 1/4 of an inch in bottom to keep screens in. Looking forward to V2? Heater design to eliminate possibility of dislodging the screens.have not tried for taste of any yet but will shortly.

i took bottom hack out due to reduced airflow and used hack for top and ready for testing.
I'm also keen to find a way to avoid it happening again, I didn't drop mine from a long way, just from my seat. Thanks for your suggestion with the silicone!

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has any fix ideas that we could implement to ensure the screen stays put.

vapefritz

Not an electrician but ... Ratings generally refer to the maximum that a device will draw at maximum load. Like at turn-on or hard use at maximum temperature.
Exactly, that's why I thought it was worth mentioning my meter says the PID draws up to 200W. But really as said, someone else should confirm this because my meter is shit.

@dudeguy customs suck but for me in germany it was still cheaper than many other lower quality ball vapes. Absolutely worth it imo, but of course if you can't afford it you can't afford it.

sweetherb

I must admit, I was not expecting the import costs to be so high.

I paid 78 euros total in charges on the zx bundle back during the special preorder prices. I think the secret is to avoid the standard postal service. I'd rather put those 78 euros towards a proper courier, as you always seem to pay less in customs anyway with a courier.

Dudemeister

Just picked up the ZX from the post office today. Super stoked to try it out during the weekend! A quick question regarding the PID that came with the plug and play bundle. I purchased the 220V kit, I assume the PID will be set to Fahrenheit, can anybody confirm whether this is the case for the 220V kit?

Dudemeister,
Reactions: Cheebsy

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I wish you could get the ZX in Europe importing it is sadly too expensive :(

You can definitely get the ZX in Europe, I have some awesome ZX owners in Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, and beyond! :wave:

I could distribute to some European retailers, but then I would have to raise the prices for a nice wholesale margin, which would cost as much or more as just paying the import fees.

It would be great to have retailers to suggest my product, but there's no real margins currently for that.

I too have to pay import fees on nearly all of these components.

Perhaps I will go back to working on some more affordable hybrid/conduction heavy metal designs as that seems to be what most are seeking out. Maybe the zirconia material and machining costs are too expensive for this sort of niche industry.

The goal of this particular thread has always been about creating my vision of what I think an ideal vaporizer would be for my usage style.
Budget was never really the priority, it was always about the vapor quality. Fast forward 4 years later and ball vapes are now the industry standard. Can't say I ever really saw that coming; I'd like to think this thread played a rather influential part of that happening.

Thanks so much for your interest.

Good to know!! Thanks!

Very interesting to read, I never heard of this happening ever in the first 200 units but now that's three people on the last two pages talking about this. I've dropped them on tile floor while assembling before and had others using mine drop it from my desk and never had a problem.

I could roll out a dual machined screen design as a solution, which I'm open to - though it would raise the price a bit, and the airflow would be reduced.

I'm also keen to find a way to avoid it happening again, I didn't drop mine from a long way, just from my seat. Thanks for your suggestion with the silicone!

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has any fix ideas that we could implement to ensure the screen stays put.

You might try installing two screens in each position. Perhaps there is a little bit too much play between the depth of the screen shelves and the actual thickness of the screen.

Exactly, that's why I thought it was worth mentioning my meter says the PID draws up to 200W. But really as said, someone else should confirm this because my meter is shit.

@dudeguy customs suck but for me in germany it was still cheaper than many other lower quality ball vapes. Absolutely worth it imo, but of course if you can't afford it you can't afford it.

Thanks so much for your support and giving me the opportunity to still be here!

I must admit, I was not expecting the import costs to be so high.

I paid 78 euros total in charges on the zx bundle back during the special preorder prices. I think the secret is to avoid the standard postal service. I'd rather put those 78 euros towards a proper courier, as you always seem to pay less in customs anyway with a courier.

That sounds fairly high, do you mean like DHL or UPS?

My e-commerce platform doesn't allow direct printing of labels for anything besides USPS, but if I could get a shipping provider to assist me perhaps those other platforms could be an option.

Thanks a ton for your support, hopefully it was all worth it!

dudeguy

Thanks for your answers, I will think about it. The material + vapor quality of the ZX are in fact the biggest reasons why I am interested in it over other ball vapes.
I looked up what to expect from customs and packages over 150€ get expensive (probably around 75€ for the ZX bundle). Maybe splitting the package or using a courier (as suggested by sweetherb) might alleviate the costs but not sure if that's practical.

4-Aces King-High

I’m trying a piece of 14 AWG Size solid strand copper preheated to rid of any residues then formed circle that can be slightly bigger than the size of the bottom opening to keep screen from coming out. Another idea for the bottom but I believe the bottom having a ledge for the screen does not need it. A high temp Vuitton gasket slightly oversized could do the job On top.
If the screen groove/ or ledge at top of heater was larger the oversized gasket could possibly squeeze in easily in to that groove And hold a screen.
Good Luck And Happy Terping.

Last edited:

Ernielicous

Definitely have dropped my zxs (I have 3 of them) MULTIPLE times. I have one that I take out and have hiked with and I once dropped it from a high rock down a place that I thought it was going to be gone forever from (pretty high up). When me & my gf hiked down to get it, it was completely fine. Granted it probably didn't land on another rock but the point is, is that I've never experienced that particular top screen fall out. Granted I never messed with it to begin with. When they came stock the screens seemed perfectly in place and toswap balls out for testing only required moving the bottom screen out of place. I have never felt the top screen waiver one bit throughout all the ups and downs, but like I said I never manipulated it or felt I had a need to which likely would have admittedly weakened the natural seal of it all.
Id say (based off of my experience)that it would be overthinking the design a bit but if others feel they have the need for it maybe it could just be an option? I think the design is 100% where it should be already but AGAIN i've never had a problem with the screen sooo...

Ernielicous

I have a couple of options to go portable that I use here and there. I have a pelinail v2 with a dc battery pack. The battery pack only works on dc gear & is sold out also but it has been working wonders with this setup https://www.disorderlyconduction.com/products/dc-battery-pack
Since the ZX is so small it packs up very nicely inside of the pid when not in use

I also have a Milwaukee top off that I got from home Depot for use with any pid. These setups are Not the most elegant of options bc of all the wires but the Milwaukee top off is definitely a good option if you don't want to be locked into buying coils only from the manufacturer. This thing can power all my pids with ease and if the battery dies just swap out for a new one. (I should add that these Batteries are not cheap but deals arise here and there when you buy certain tools)

I have many Milwaukee batteries from my tool collection but I also use them on my cannabis hardware portable Milwaukee pid as well. The one I specifically have isn't listed on their website anymore but the current one should work just as good. With this option again, you are locked into the coils they specifically sell for it and they only make 20 mm coils, so I haven't been able to wrig up a ZX to it & don't have the funds (yet) to wrig up a ZXL because I went with the basic XLR connection for the one i purchased. But I do have a couple 18mm heaters wired to it and is a very stellar option as well.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Thanks for your answers, I will think about it. The material + vapor quality of the ZX are in fact the biggest reasons why I am interested in it over other ball vapes.
I looked up what to expect from customs and packages over 150€ get expensive (probably around 75€ for the ZX bundle). Maybe splitting the package or using a courier (as suggested by sweetherb) might alleviate the costs but not sure if that's practical.

International shipping is so expensive now that splitting the package into two parcels would likely cost more in shipping rates than the accrued import fees. Some of the recent international shipments I just sent out were $40+ and I have a $20 flat rate shipping fee.
$80 in import fees versus $80 in shipping fees, either way it all seems to balance out.

What country are you in that has a 33% tariff? 75 euros seems very high on a $250 parcel. The preorder ZX bundles were only $200.
A customer in Italy recently paid around 40 euros.
I guess it's different everywhere though.

Definitely have dropped my zxs (I have 3 of them) MULTIPLE times. I have one that I take out and have hiked with and I once dropped it from a high rock down a place that I thought it was going to be gone forever from (pretty high up). When me & my gf hiked down to get it, it was completely fine. Granted it probably didn't land on another rock but the point is, is that I've never experienced that particular top screen fall out. Granted I never messed with it to begin with. When they came stock the screens seemed perfectly in place and toswap balls out for testing only required moving the bottom screen out of place. I have never felt the top screen waiver one bit throughout all the ups and downs, but like I said I never manipulated it or felt I had a need to which likely would have admittedly weakened the natural seal of it all.
Id say (based off of my experience)that it would be overthinking the design a bit but if others feel they have the need for it maybe it could just be an option? I think the design is 100% where it should be already but AGAIN i've never had a problem with the screen sooo...

Thanks for chiming in FC-OG!
I'm pretty content with the ZX design as well.
I'm not sure that it even needs the extra screen ledges I was proposing a couple posts back for the bowl.
I think the current bowl size is perfect for the intended usage.
I don't think the ZX could be improved on too much more from here. It's pretty much dialed in IMHO.
I was considering bringing the Z8 style air inlet back because I was playing with my Z8 recently for a change and it still looks cool.

Sort of a tribute to the Z8 which is the one that basically started this company officially.
Couldn't have done it without you and my day 1 supporters 🍻

Screenshot-2024-02-26-at-9-14-51-PM.png

dudeguy

International shipping is so expensive now that splitting the package into two parcels would likely cost more in shipping rates than the accrued import fees. Some of the recent international shipments I just sent out were $40+ and I have a $20 flat rate shipping fee.
$80 in import fees versus $80 in shipping fees, either way it all seems to balance out.

What country are you in that has a 33% tariff? 75 euros seems very high on a $250 parcel. The preorder ZX bundles were only $200.
A customer in Italy recently paid around 40 euros.
I guess it's different everywhere though.

My bad its not 75 but "only" 59€ tariff+taxes for imports to Germany. But yeah splitting it would be pointless then. Sucks that I missed the preorder ZX bundle :\

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
This mini rig does a great job collecting nectar and isn’t harsh / hot like I was expecting. Suits the little ZX well!
IMG-3008.jpg

Fantastic little sip and rip setup! :D

My bad its not 75 but "only" 59€ tariff+taxes for imports to Germany. But yeah splitting it would be pointless then. Sucks that I missed the preorder ZX bundle :\

A small one time price to pay for pure convection bliss :D

Top Bottom