Phase3 Vaporizers

TedJones

I feel like we're all part of a special club or something.
brad pitt ms GIF

First rule of Z club, you do not talk .. nvr mind, spread the word !:nod:

My DC pid has the power button up front, next to the cord socket. They’re roughly the same size so in dim lighting, everything being black, I’ll try plugging into the wrong one more than I’d like to admit :bang:

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
brad pitt ms GIF

First rule of Z club, you do not talk .. nvr mind, spread the word !:nod:

My DC pid has the power button up front, next to the cord socket. They’re roughly the same size so in dim lighting, everything being black, I’ll try plugging into the wrong one more than I’d like to admit :bang:

Do you have one of the boxy ones that also come in colors?

As for spreading the word, I'm banking on this thing finally getting my cousin to swear off combustion. We'll see. But my other cousin will love it. I could see him wanting one actually

cannasoor

I think this is what you are looking for. XMT7100 PID Controller

Thanks for the manual, but I actually had it, I think from previously in this thread. But my controller doesn't look at all like that one (no model number anywhere on mine, and different layout, etc.). Maybe they are all quite similar?

I started my burn-off after shopping, but the smell was too much (sort of burning rubber/electronics smell), so I had to pull the plug for the sake of discretion. I have the air cleaner/ionizer running on high now, will try to finish the burn-off later.

Soooooo close!!!

[Re handles: I have several sizes of cherry dowel, one of which looks like it might work. I don't have actual wood-working tools (lathe, etc.), but maybe I can make do with a drill and hand saw, X-acto knife for whittling, plus a little sanding.]

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Thanks for the manual, but I actually had it, I think from previously in this thread. But my controller doesn't look at all like that one (no model number anywhere on mine, and different layout, etc.). Maybe they are all quite similar?

I started my burn-off after shopping, but the smell was too much (sort of burning rubber/electronics smell), so I had to pull the plug for the sake of discretion. I have the air cleaner/ionizer running on high now, will try to finish the burn-off later.

Soooooo close!!!

[Re handles: I have several sizes of cherry dowel, one of which looks like it might work. I don't have actual wood-working tools (lathe, etc.), but maybe I can make do with a drill and hand saw, X-acto knife for whittling, plus a little sanding.]

How high did you run it, and for how long? I only did 10 min at 550 on mine and it did the trick.

BeltedCoyote,
Reactions: lazylathe

TedJones

@BeltedCoyote yeah think I remember that colors were offered. “Micro PID”. So lightweight & I’m afraid of collapsing or cracking the top of the thing someday since I rest my fingers on it while using thumb to use the switch. Been great so far.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
@BeltedCoyote yeah think I remember that colors were offered. “Micro PID”. So lightweight & I’m afraid of collapsing or cracking the top of the thing someday since I rest my fingers on it while using thumb to use the switch. Been great so far.

Hm. I was thinking of snagging one in blue or green since they're my favorite colors. Now I'm curious about how it's size compares to the PiD we got with the zx. Which works perfectly fine. It's just not green or blue 😅
But yeah that's the one I was looking at

BeltedCoyote,

staircase slight of hand

I started my burn-off after shopping, but the smell was too much (sort of burning rubber/electronics smell)

Hmmm… I’ve run mine at 600f on occasion and have never noticed any smell coming from the heater assembly at all. What you’re describing doesn’t sound normal from what I’ve experienced, is there any chance the coil is coming into contact with something it shouldn’t be?

staircase slight of hand,
Reactions: BeltedCoyote

cannasoor

How high did you run it, and for how long? I only did 10 min at 550 on mine and it did the trick.

I ran it for about 5 minutes. When first plugged in, it climbed rapidly by itself up toward (past?) 700, as I frantically tried to push the down button and get it back toward your recommended 550 (you had also mentioned it earlier in the thread). Wrangled it down to 550 and left it there, but the smell was pretty bad in the next minute or so, so I finally shut it down. I hope I can clear the room enough not to detrimentally affect the flavor later :) .

Hmm, this one does not look like mine either. Mine is fairly small, low & "long" (longer than it's wide, in other words). Pretty hefty. No model number, UL patch, company name, etc., just labels on a couple of buttons, "PUSH" on the silver tab, and a warning about 250 V fuse on the backside, where the power cord goes in. (Mine does not have the Disorderly Conduction logo, for example, and looks unlike any I've seen pictured online.) All black, metal, pretty sleek looking, so I'm happy with it.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Only thing I noticed on the first heat up was a smell of
I ran it for about 5 minutes. When first plugged in, it climbed rapidly by itself up toward (past?) 700, as I frantically tried to push the down button and get it back toward your recommended 550 (you had also mentioned it earlier in the thread). Wrangled it down to 550 and left it there, but the smell was pretty bad in the next minute or so, so I finally shut it down. I hope I can clear the room enough not to detrimentally affect the flavor later :) .
Hm the climbing all the way up to 700 is weird. Mine didn't do that. I did have a tiny bit of steam briefly come off of mine during the first heat up, but I think that was just hand oils. I grabbed the coil assembly when unboxing. Didn't have a smell of burning rubber though. I did notice a smell of what I'd just call "hot". Kinda like the smell of a soldering iron that's clean and turned on, or the smell of a reptile heat lamp. Not bad but just hot. Since then either it's gone away or I just don't notice it
Hmm, this one does not look like mine either. Mine is fairly small, low & "long" (longer than it's wide, in other words). Pretty hefty. No model number, UL patch, company name, etc., just labels on a couple of buttons, "PUSH" on the silver tab, and a warning about 250 V fuse on the backside, where the power cord goes in. (Mine does not have the Disorderly Conduction logo, for example, and looks unlike any I've seen pictured online.) All black, metal, pretty sleek looking, so I'm happy with it.
Yeah we didn't get the Disorderly Conduction PiD with our kits. We got a rectangular housing one. I was thinking about grabbing one of the DC pids because I want a backup

Edit @staircase slight of hand nailed it.

BeltedCoyote,
Reactions: TedJones

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Yeah there's nothing at all wrong with the one Ryan provided. I just found out there are colored options if you're willing to pay for another pid

vapefritz

My pid assumptions so far: up arrow = temp up; down arrow = temp down; SET = set temp; greater than symbol = brings up stuff I have no idea about except it does time out if you leave it alone for a bit; button labled push = release for coil plug.
I had the same assumption but that's not how it works! Most importantly "Set" is not used to set the temperature but to change settings of the device. Different number combinations you enter here change different settings. I too just tried to enter the desired temperature here and wondered why it wouldn't work..

You find different manuals, for example this one:
I like this one more but it's in german:

Anyways I did not mess around too much as I don't have the original settings saved and am already a bit scared I messed something up while just trying to set the temperature through the "set" menu. I did the auto tuning and this seemed to make the temp of the heater a bit more stable though.

Pukka

I had the same assumption but that's not how it works! Most importantly "Set" is not used to set the temperature but to change settings of the device. Different number combinations you enter here change different settings. I too just tried to enter the desired temperature here and wondered why it wouldn't work..

You find different manuals, for example this one:
I like this one more but it's in german:

Anyways I did not mess around too much as I don't have the original settings saved and am already a bit scared I messed something up while just trying to set the temperature through the "set" menu. I did the auto tuning and this seemed to make the temp of the heater a bit more stable though.
Ohhh, excellent! Thank you, morning's going to be fine ...

MennilTossFlykune

Mine did this, I let it get to temp (I think like 750 or some wild number - it just seemed to climb and climb) and then brought it down to 550 for 10 minutes. It smoked and smelled a lot for a few minutes but once everything was burned off it was fine. I just opened a window next to it and turned my air filter onto high for the duration.

MennilTossFlykune

Press the > button until the led fast blinks. Device will do it's thing, when the led goes back to off/slow blinking it's done.

This thing is beyond amazing. Tiny loads, big loads, oh boy it's happy daze.
That's it? How does it make sure it's doing what you're expecting it to do? My readings are always a few degrees off, not a bid deal, but if there's something I could hit to just automatically adjust everything to work right I'm interested, though hesitant.

Pukka

That's it? How does it make sure it's doing what you're expecting it to do? My readings are always a few degrees off, not a bid deal, but if there's something I could hit to just automatically adjust everything to work right I'm interested, though hesitant.
One of the 2 pdf's above goes into , kinda, of how the AI figures things out. Things on mine are much more stable at set temp.

Quick edit: both of the above pdf's are short and pretty well written compared to most instructions.

Top Bottom