Phase3 Vaporizers

sweetherb

I heard back from the screen company like
2 minutes after I posted this morning. The correct ones are on the way and should be here before the end of the week.

Omitting the extra screens sounds like a good idea but ultimately it’s probably better to hold it out for a couple more days. Technically the screens by themselves should be able to ship with just a stamp, but the post office doesn’t really like that and tends to want to charge it as a parcel which ends up making them a total loss in the margins to send them like that. If it was just a couple orders it wouldn’t be a big deal but when billed as a parcel it could turn into hundreds of dollars in extra shipping which would be a lot for a small company like this one.

Even without the additional 50pc screen sets I offer, every kit is supposed to come with a set of 20 screens to keep the experience fresh. So to be able to do that still takes hundreds (more like thousands) of screens.

Besides I definitely want people to have extra screens as anytime the performance starts declining and you find you need to increase the temperatures to get the same experience, 99% of the time it’s from a dirty clogged screen.

Will try and post another update tomorrow, should be a pretty busy one.

ZXL VERSUS ZX

615191-AA-BA3-A-43-B3-9-E12-D4-B7-CBD7-FCA8.jpg
Nice. I find holding my thumb over one end of the bowl and a finger over the other, adding ISO and then giving a quick shake, followed by a rinse in hot water keeps everything like new! I'm still on the original screen after MANY bowls.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Getting excited too for my zx too see the hype!!!

Thanks so much!

Nice. I find holding my thumb over one end of the bowl and a finger over the other, adding ISO and then giving a quick shake, followed by a rinse in hot water keeps everything like new! I'm still on the original screen after MANY bowls.

That’s a good method I use myself, especially if I’m away from my stuff and don’t have any extra screens with me.

Typically I like to pop the screen out while still warm after a session and run a cotton swab through the bowl and it’s good as new, jam a new screen in and off to the clouds!!

I don’t use as much solvents when cleaning as I used to. To clean my glass I often just use boiling water and swish it around until the condensate is pulled from the glass and floating on top of the water; and then just wash it out.

When will the ZXLs ship?

Possibly tomorrow, realistically probably Monday if everything else goes smoothly.

I just finished setting up this first one for a test flight

0-DA0-AA66-DED0-4179-BD0-B-6-E328-ABA3-C58.jpg

It took me wayyyyyy longer to assemble the ZXL’s than the ZX’s so I never got any coils installed after working all day yesterday, so I’m a day behind on finishing the coil installation. My finger is still a little messed up so it’s going to take me a bit longer to install all the coils than normal, especially on the ZX as it’s super snug.

Once all of the parts are assembled and sorted I can start making boxes and actually packing up orders which should go pretty quickly. I prefer to have everything else completed before I start fulfilling to make that process smooth. It’s easier to forget something or overlook something when you need to build parts or wrap them up.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So does that mean the zxs are on their way?

ZXs are just waiting for the screens to arrive.
And I need to finish installing the coils. The ZX coil fitment is extremely tight.

ZXLs are just undergoing a little final testing to make sure I’m satisfied with them before sending them out.

My first impressions of the ZXL is this is some high quality and seriously hefty kit, I’m pretty excited to see what everyone thinks about them. Honestly the bowl by itself feels like it should be worth the asking price of the entire setup. The larger size definitely has a real “wow factor.”

A good portion of users will likely want a handle with this one; it’s definitely heavier than the ZX. I still need to build a prototype of my unique handle design, it’s definitely on my to-do list. I have an idea for someone who could probably help me out with that…..

Vapor quality really seems like a ZXL should be - just a larger version of the ZX. The ability to load so much more material allows for a higher terpene content per bowl for some seriously tasty dab-like rips.

For now the ZXL is just a limited release, but if enough folks like it I’m sure it will find a place in the permanent lineup.

EasyVape

Vapor quality really seems like a ZXL should be - just a larger version of the ZX. The ability to load so much more material allows for a higher terpene content per bowl for some seriously tasty dab-like rips.
RE: vape quality. Do you notice a major difference in air flow with the 18mm, especially if the bowl/screen isn't perfectly clean? Sometimes I get lazy with the cleaning and notice the 18mm joint size helps compensate on my other vapes.

lazylathe

Almost there...
RE: vape quality. Do you notice a major difference in air flow with the 18mm, especially if the bowl/screen isn't perfectly clean? Sometimes I get lazy with the cleaning and notice the 18mm joint size helps compensate on my other vapes.
Using the ZX bowl, I find it does not really get clogged too badly. There is some build up inside the end of the nozzle but my screen stays fairly clean and free flowing.
It's also super easy to clean!! Block the bottom with a finger, add some ISO and add another finger to close the top and shake!!

Using my custom bowl, I find it clogs up much faster with the load being closer to the heater. I think the glass stores more heat and also causes more resin to stick to it.

Still my go to on a daily basis for almost a year now!

Keen to see the ZXL videos as they start to pepper the wilds of the FC community!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

It’s kinda hard to tell for sure as I’m not using the same glass with my ZXL as my ZX.

There’s more area available in 18MM to allow for clogs and be more free flowing but the performance always suffers regardless when the screen is dirty IME. I’m lazy with cleaning too so I usually just replace the screens because in takes just a few seconds to be back to perfect airflow.

The ZXL bowl seems a bit better at mitigating heat since it’s physically longer.

A9361682-3-E27-4660-81-B6-3-A949883-B89-C.jpg

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Every day i wake up and wonder "will this be the day i receive a shipping notification?" 🤞🏻

Sorry about that I was thinking they’d all be packed up yesterday but despite my itemized list to keep me coordinated I managed to forget to add the obvious shipping tape to that list. Truthfully I thought I had half a box of rolls left. I ran out yesterday and had to wait til the evening to get a ride to the store to get more.

Basically I wanted to make sure the sides of the box were taped too, at least on the bottom, as some of these are traveling pretty far, plus it’s raining here.

Normally I would just walk but the rain never let up once yesterday. I don’t have space in my studio to put these together so I’m working out of my cousins house to finish these and kinda having to coordinate with other schedules when I need some assistance.

I’m gonna work on packing orders all day, but the next challenge will be getting all these boxes to the post office in the rain. Perhaps I can schedule a pickup though I’m not 100% sure on that as this isn’t my business address / place of operations.

TedJones

Received my ZX shipping notification. Assuming we went with the optional PID + coil, are you supposed to do a burn off using a higher temp for X amount of time? Also, does anyone have a favorite temp range for the ZX?
I did a burn off at 550 for about 20 minutes. 430-435 seems be my sweet spot, but will use above and below that range too.

coolbreeze

Received my ZX shipping notification. Assuming we went with the optional PID + coil, are you supposed to do a burn off using a higher temp for X amount of time? Also, does anyone have a favorite temp range for the ZX?
Wouldn't hurt to do a little burnoff, but probably no huge need. My favorite temp range is 420-450F per my DC PID with no offset (I think). I aim for 420F and raise it if the pipe I'm using requires it.

Really enjoying this thread and thermodynamics science. I purchased ZX with pre-installed coil because I wanted to ensure tightest fit with no movement or twist around center post along with the Phase 3 glass bowl and then also pre-ordered Zirconia bowl. Received my ZX about a month ago and appreciate the design, smaller form factor, inverted contributions to the community, and looking forward to receiving the Zirconia bowl! Hope for super tight seal with the ZX and the herb sitting closer to the heater then the current glass bowl.

Tested the ZX at various temperatures from 425F to 600F to dial it in. Tested back-to-back on two different strains, medium grind, same material quantity (One full Old Head scoop), light tamp, stirring every hit or two, same draw speed and duration of each hit. To ensure consistent starting temperatures the entire vape (housing, balls, and coil) were left on for 10 minutes after PID reaching setpoint to allow all components to completely heat soak at the start of each bowl. I’m not getting much vapor density sub-450F. The ABV is a light green-tan below 500F, 500-550F provide an even greenish-brown ABV and above 550F the ABV starts to get brown with slight roast flavors.

With my 20mm coil powered B2 diffuser ball vape, my sweet spot is to target 2 hit full extraction, with the Titanium bowl heat soaked prior to a fresh load at about 645F on the PID. This provides a super quick extraction that is dab like in intensity of flavor and vapor. While the first hit does roast the top of the bowl, no roast flavors are introduced to the pallet during the secondary weak clean up hit which leaves a fully extracted bowl and super dark brown ABV with no stirring required.

With the ZX I am still trying to dial in the high temperature 2 hit extraction. Raising the temperature to 575F+ does milk the glass but starts getting more roast on the top center of bowl and due to the depth of the 14mm glass bowl being deeper than wide, it requires stirring to evenly extract the bottom portion of the bowl which introduces the roasted flavors throughout the second and third hit that I am trying to avoid. Higher temps will give denser vapor and allow to ride the line closer to the edge but the compromise in flavor is not worth the quicker extraction to me personally. I think the two-hit dab like extraction can be done by bringing the load closer to the heater with reduce load depth. Once I receive the Phase3 Zirconia bowl, I can revisit this, as it sits 33% closer.

475F:​

475F brings out a crisp flavor that is lost at higher temperatures with a focus on the terpenes with discernable strain specific notes, 85% extraction leaving behind some desirables after 5 hits, ABV was mostly light-green with some hints of light brown. (450F is great at preserving the crisp flavor but takes way too long to finish a bowl and doesn’t fully extract all the desirables.)

I stepped up the PID to 550F to see if I can extract more vapor; I got another 2 hits from the same bowl with very faint generic herb taste, no roast, decent vapor, ABV was 45% light-green / 55% light-brown. Closer to 90% extracted after 7 hits.

475F temp ramp to 550F: (1) 475, (1)490, (1) 515F, (1) 540F, (1) 550F​

This is where the ZX really shines and brings out all the flavorful nuances with the 475F to 550F ramp throughout the 5 hits of the bowl, starting crisper and purer terpene focused to more fast-onset potent yet flavorful hits to the end, while achieving about 90% extraction producing a brown to light brown ABV.

525F:​

First two hits with a fresh bowl and heat soaked ZX at 525F creates thick dense vapor with a quick onset and got a nice consistent flavor profile from beginning to end of the bowl with remaining 3 hits giving diminishing vapor as the hits progressed. This is a great daily setup for a balance between flavor and quick extraction without fiddling with temp ramping. Closer to 90% extraction after 5 hits per bowl with a gold-light brown ABV.

My current daily setup is at 525F for the ZX but I do enjoy the 475F to 550F temp ramp from time to time. Cannot wait for the Zirconia bowl!

Yes, wipe clean and always heat to slightly above vaporization temperature, about +50*F, to allow contaminates/oils to vaporize before actually using and inhaling. Just a best practice for all vapes and shouldn't damage anything.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Howdy friends,

Thanks so much for your amazing patience and support, I’ve finally completed packing all orders up. The bank cut me off yesterday due to the amount of transactions occurred from purchasing each individual shipping label, so I had to finish them today.

After packing up all the preorders I have just three ZX kits in stock right now. I’m going to try to order more ZX’s this week to start the next round of production.

I have a few ZXL bundles in stock as well in my online store. If you’ve been waiting for a good opportunity now is definitely the time to grab some PHASE3 gear while everything is still in stock and shipping immediately.

Just got shipping notice for my zxl and zxlb! No coil. 😁😁🥳🥳

You were actually the first order sent out!

Thanks so much my friend! Can’t wait to hear what you think.

Guess the zx crew gets their’s second and the big boys go first

Everything is packed up linearly based on when the order was placed.

All orders are completed and everything from this round is done.

You will want to do a burn off to cook out any of the hand oils transferred when assembling the device.

You don’t have to do it at a dramatically higher temp, though that tends to accelerate the burn off quicker.

If I would have had more time I would have liked to do a burn off here, but customers often touch the coils when opening the gear and would need to do another one anyways from that so I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Just let it run for 10 minutes at 600F or so before your first usage and it should be great.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Howdy friends,

Thanks so much for your amazing patience and support, I’ve finally completed packing all orders up. The bank cut me off yesterday due to the amount of transactions occurred from purchasing each individual shipping label, so I had to finish them today.

After packing up all the preorders I have just three ZX kits in stock right now. I’m going to try to order more ZX’s this week to start the next round of production.

I have a few ZXL bundles in stock as well in my online store. If you’ve been waiting for a good opportunity now is definitely the time to grab some PHASE3 gear while everything is still in stock and shipping immediately.

You were actually the first order sent out!

Thanks so much my friend! Can’t wait to hear what you think.

Everything is packed up linearly based on when the order was placed.

All orders are completed and everything from this round is done.

You will want to do a burn off to cook out any of the hand oils transferred when assembling the device.

You don’t have to do it at a dramatically higher temp, though that tends to accelerate the burn off quicker.

If I would have had more time I would have liked to do a burn off here, but customers often touch the coils when opening the gear and would need to do another one anyways from that so I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Just let it run for 10 minutes at 600F or so before your first usage and it should be great.

Man I'm so excited I did a little happy dance reading this post. My dog looked at me like I was nuts rofl.

Top Bottom