Pelican Cases

sasNW

Check out thecannacase.com

Great cases with pick n pluck foam also, they have a hard shell case and soft cases with the same foam. By far my new favorite cases, they are a new company I've been talking with and are really cool dudes. I actually took a few of their promo pictures on a few hikes/climbs

A1FBG

I have quite a few of the Pelicans myself, but the great @underdog suggested checking out MCM Electronics for a similar yet more cost friendly option. Seems like they are almost identical in size and capability. I will be trying one for my next project when it arises!

those do look very similar to Pelican's. I like them. This super similar Pelican version is even cheaper tho http://www.pelican-case.com/1120.html

are they usually not this price (should i snag one now?)

A1FBG,

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...
those do look very similar to Pelican's. I like them. This super similar Pelican version is even cheaper tho http://www.pelican-case.com/1120.html

are they usually not this price (should i snag one now?)

Hey @A1FBG

Depending on what size you are looking for. This one is only 14 bux... 10" black

I used a Pelican 1450 for my portable e-nail setup:

2qbyejb.jpg

Last edited:

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...
Bro that 10" black one you linked is perfect! Really appreciate the A+ suggestion. And the picture too. Helped me visualize/know if my set up would fit or not.

:nod:

No problem. I went with the 14" in the Pelican to give myself a bit more space so I could carry my drop down and FC-710 bubbler too. Good luck with your search/setup, that's half the fun.

XeroRespect,

A1FBG

No problem. I went with the 14" in the Pelican to give myself a bit more space so I could carry my drop down and FC-710 bubbler too. Good luck with your search/setup, that's half the fun.

So the picture you posted is of the 14" case? Ive got the 710 with a dropdown also haha

A1FBG,

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...
So the picture you posted is of the 14" case? Ive got the 710 with a dropdown also haha

Yup...

The Pelican 1450 has the following dimension:
INSIDE: 14-13/16" x 10-3/8" x 6" (37.6 cm x 26.3 cm x 15.2 cm)
OUTSIDE: 16" x 13" x 6-7/8" (40.6 cm x 33 cm x 17.4 cm)

So you would essentially pick the equivalent from the MCM site...

22-24135 16 ½" x 13" x 7" 14 ½” x 10 ½” x 6”

So it would be the 16" in the MCM... $30+ shipping and I am sure you can find a coupon code. Better than $95

XeroRespect,
Reactions: A1FBG

A1FBG

Yup...

The Pelican 1450 has the following dimension:
INSIDE: 14-13/16" x 10-3/8" x 6" (37.6 cm x 26.3 cm x 15.2 cm)
OUTSIDE: 16" x 13" x 6-7/8" (40.6 cm x 33 cm x 17.4 cm)

So you would essentially pick the equivalent from the MCM site...

22-24135 16 ½" x 13" x 7" 14 ½” x 10 ½” x 6”

So it would be the 16" in the MCM... $30+ shipping and I am sure you can find a coupon code. Better than $95

You aint lyin! Thanks again

A1FBG,

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
i love my pelican cases!!

2d18iz6.jpg

red-1060 series; clear- 1020 series; yellow- 1010 series

just_the_flu,

abcd5432

According to product description, looks to have the foam cutout.
This is cheaper than the Vatra cases.
Looks like I'll be getting some of these.

Check out this video for more about cutting out the foam inserts.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Have had countless pelican cases for multitudes of different equipment over the years.... That said, I would not pay a cent for another. There are just way too many better value options of equal quality. Any search will turn up dozens of equally solid, far less expensive alternatives.

I tend to spend big money on top shelf items, but Pelicans are one of the few products I feel do NOT offer a better product for spending more money and buying brand name.

FlyingLow,

abcd5432

Care to provide some examples? I don't think many of us would know which are better value options vs which ones would be terrible wastes of money. Pelican is the only name I've heard thrown around.

Vatra is the one I know actually, you may be ina unique position to help us out @FlyingLow

Edit: Also, if it's cheaper... I mean then I could actually afford one =D

Last edited:
abcd5432,
Top Bottom