pax off ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

branman

Hi.. noticed a few.of the pax vapes on ebay says 10 year warranty...but.seems like.ive.seen.a.few.comments sayin. the ebay ones dont have warranty...so do they have it?

branman,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
this is true for european customers at least. ploom doesn't allow any of their retailers to sell them to europe. if you got one here, it will not be covered by the warranty!
also there are some chinese fakes/unauthorized copies! I guess they could be sold on ebay by now. those won't have a warranty at all.

mrweed,

max

Out to lunch
Some sellers will claim to honor the manuf. warranty themselves. Others just say you'll get the manuf. warranty, but in reality it depends. Some manufacturers don't care where you buy, and others will not honor the warranty unless you buy from an authorized reseller. Some sellers who are authorized also sell on eBay. Bottom line is you have to do your homework, starting with what the vape maker says about warranty coverage.

One eBay seller for the Pax, who lists the 10 yr. warranty, is also selling the DaVinci, and advertising their 2 yr. warranty. The problem there is that they're not authorized to sell the DV, and DV won't honor the warranty if purchased from 'yellowdogcompany'. Just because an eBay seller lists the manuf. warranty on their auction doesn't mean the manuf. is going to honor it.

max,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
^correct, I won an auction on a LSV that said it included the 3 years manu warranty but the LSV website says no ebay sales get a warranty so we canceled the auction. You can't go by what the ebay seller says, but what the company says...

vaporonly,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
i believe ploom will only do warranty work on the pax if you were the original owner and you bought it at an authorized dealer <-- which i'm sure agree to sell the pax for an approved amount.

http://www.ploom.com/warranty-exclusions-and-limitations-advisory yes, seems like no warranty for devices bought on ebay. pure fuckery i think

your avatar pic rules! couple of the finer things in life:tup:

i can understand why companies do this. What benefits will Ploom see if a person buys a PAX off ebay for less then MSRP and ploom then has to pay for ten years of warranty/replacement work on the product?

i would like to see them try to work with people who buy them used from sellers who bought them from authorized dealer...maybe have a small service fee for them or something?

even saving a $100 for example on a used pax doesn't seem worth it if you don't get the 10-year warranty...

and the pax is a product that from all indications is one that you'd want a warranty on

mod note: Edit to add to a post- don't do the back to back posting.

vaporonly,
Reactions: mrweed

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
my point is if it's an original pax, the seller has already paid ploom for the device AND the warranty (more or less directly) in the first place. it doesn't matter how cheap they sell it afterwards, cause ploom must have already gotten what they wanted for it anyway. so, it's just not right (and wouldn't be legal in my homecountry germany!) to say, you won't get a warranty, because you've bought it on ebay. they punish their customers because some sellers(!) decided to give a damn what ploom says about selling their producst on ebay?! I mean you can't expect your customers to know about your retail conditions. that's just rediculous.
also selling a used one on ebay, shouldn't be a problem, because the seller also has paid for the warranty, already. they got their money for it, so they shouldn't care where I've got it from.

if the problem is caused by unauthorized copies, they just should add a fraud-resistant warranty card instead of going the "easy" way...
this doesn't make ploom a customer-friendly company imho.

mrweed,
Reactions: al bundy

max

Out to lunch
my point is
You seem to think this company is really off base by trying to control the selling price and warranty terms. I've got news for you. If they're not "customer-friendly", then neither are most companies.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom