Pax may be failing again.

Mookie0608

So today my pax 3 started cracking again. Yeah I already know the thing started pissing me off but to be honest so was my mighty so I switched back to pax. I’m just curious could the crackling sound be normal and stuff like the juice/residue or what ever that funky stuff is just being burnt off? I keep it clean as well clean it every other day.

If I send it back into for repair I’m going to see if they will just give me my money back, and I may even find a new vaporizer and ditch the mighty to. Love it but honestly it needs a new design. Great vaporizer but my opinion it could use a much better bowl.

Are there any other vaporizers out there simple and easy to use that you can just draw from and get High with a good easy loading method? That’s the thing I hate about mighty it would be perfect if it had the pax style loading system. Also need a big bowl. Firefly 2 is too unacceptable for me. I don’t want to go any smaller then my pax 3 in a new vape. Also would prefer it to be less smelly. When I was doing my research I New vaporizers Never really were built to last but to have one break down with the same issue every other month is a joke and seems like a total rip off. If this is the nature of the beast then sorry not sorry but these vaporizers are not worth the price tag. I’m already feeling like the pax is a $50 vaporizer maybe $100 the price tag is factoring in an extended warranty and factoring just for the 7 years plus probably $100+ in shipping every year to keep sending it in to get fixed. Again I liked the mighty and the pax is kind of a love hate but I really can’t see my self moving to mighty permanently the bowl size and the time it takes to load pack and unload and clean up it will make me give up on vaporizers for the price they are and the headache they come with. Smoking at this point seems like something I may even consider. Despite health concerns.

Mookie0608,

Squiby

If you want a reliable inexpensive vaporizer that will work flawlessly forever, just get a Vapcap.

The all stainless steel M model is $60. Using a quad lighter you will reach toking temps in less than 5 seconds. If you don't like using a lighter, you can use an induction heater instead.

The bowl is small but its efficiency makes up for it. You will need less material to get you to the same place. The Vapcap is not a weed hog.

Easy to clean and maintain, plus no parts to fail. Well, you might need to replace an oring now and again, but over three years of use, I haven't needed to replace one yet. But eventually I might.

Everyone should have at least one Vapcap.

https://www.dynavap.com

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I would think a good compromise between the pax 3 and the mighty would be the Davinci IQ. I do love my Mighty, but I bet the IQ is pretty great.

acstorfer,

Moose

I like the IQ, but man is it a bitch to clean. The Mighty is the best, bar none, but I find myself reaching for my Utillian 721 the most. The vapor quality is great and it fills, heats up and cleans super quick. Only problem I have with it is that it doesn't have a digital display.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I like the IQ, but man is it a bitch to clean. The Mighty is the best, bar none, but I find myself reaching for my Utillian 721 the most. The vapor quality is great and it fills, heats up and cleans super quick. Only problem I have with it is that it doesn't have a digital display.
Yeah, I’m nearly 100% Mighty. I’m sure I’ll pull out my Ghost from time to time, but my main is my Mighty.

acstorfer,

Mookie0608

I’m sticking with my mighty to I just tried the boundless cfx figures I would like it because it’s similar and larger chamber but hate it draw resistance is not something I like. I love the mighty don’t think I’m ever looking pack now.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I’m sticking with my mighty to I just tried the boundless cfx figures I would like it because it’s similar and larger chamber but hate it draw resistance is not something I like. I love the mighty don’t think I’m ever looking pack now.
There’s been some chatter that Storz & Bickel May be coming out with something new next year. I’m hoping it will be a redesigned Mighty. More ergonomic, and the casing leaves a lot to be desired. Definitely replaceable batteries! Oooooh, and various sized bowls... This is all just hoping anyway.

acstorfer,
Reactions: steama

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Pax stands behind their vapes. I have returned two heavily used pax vapes that failed and got new ones. One of the best warranty's in the vape business.

The most reliable vape on earth may very well be the vapcap.

:nod:
I love my Dynavap M! I have a lap dog so I worry about dropping a hot lighter or the Dynavap on him so I needed to go another way.

Jethro

When I use moist or sticky material my Pax 3 snaps, crackles and pops quite a bit. I think it's normal! It's super heating the material and it's tightly packed. Steam with sticky bud will make for some noise.

Jethro,

Mookie0608

I still hate my pax I’m trying to sell it might just pawn it and see what I can get. Pulled it out again a few days ago and it’s just so smelly and feels to weird especially taken very small draws non stop I prefer to vape it all at one time like the mighty long draws work great or if I only want a 6 second draw or 3-4 just to bump up the high again that works too not always consistent but. I have heard horror stories about the Storz and bickle though refusing warranty replacements claiming everything is wear and tear, and not covered. I did get a new pax but still it’s just a pain and the smell it creates is just not reasonable at all for me and my needs.

Mookie0608,

KC2K

QUOTE="Mookie0608, post: 1312112, member: 37541"]I have heard horror stories about the Storz and bickle though refusing warranty replacements claiming everything is wear and tear, and not covered[/QUOTE]

I had a 2017 Mighty which I bought new from Namastevaporizer.co.uk. I loved it but a very small chip of body fell off (had not been dropped) and it would just switch it's self off when used plugged in. I got in touch with S&B and they replaced it, no quibbles for a 2018 model. IMO you can be fairer than that. They were fast,efficient and very polite.

KC2K,
Reactions: sd401k
Top Bottom