Pax 2 Works Great with MJ, but not others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

serenesailing

I just got a pax 2 and it's my first vape! Really excited to have switched over and definitely was worth it.

I wanted to try some other herbs in the device just for fun, but I tried two different types of organic teas from bags and they only produced 1 puff of vapor (which was by no means that dense). I know the Pax 2 is conduction and requires a dense pack, but when I packed it, the material simply sprang back up due to its dryness. Any suggestions?

Details:
-Full oven
-Tried every single heat setting
-Used Chamomile and Ginger Berry (both didn't work)
-Took slow long draws
-MJ works great and hit very efficiently with nice clouds.
-Fully charged

serenesailing

It has nothing to do with the vape you're using and everything to do with vaporization temps of the various herbs. I've vaped Chamomile (low temp) quite a few times with no problem. You do have to account for moisture content and the fact that all herbs may not produce the same amount of vapor.
http://www.vapersforum.com/showthread.php?14333-Vaporization-temperatures-of-herbs

Thanks for the chart! So, I'm assuming that I just burnt it since Chamomile vapes so low. Would you happen to know what the lowest temp on the Pax 2 is? I've literally searched everywhere on the net (since their own manual and site just says "low" heat). — Pax 1 low temp is 370F so I'm assuming it's around there.

That sucks, because I was really looking forward to vaping some stuff like that haha.

serenesailing,

Rab

Weed also gives off significantly more vapor than many other herbs because of all the sticky resin and raw actives in there that those herbs just don't contain, also giving it much more dryweight.

If you extracted some of the resin of your weed with an ISO wash or something for example, you obviousy wouldnt be seeing nearly as much vapor with as much weed.

So some things will vape much better than others,
You aren't really going to get much vapor from bone dry teabag leaves simply because there isn't much in them with which to create large vapor clouds from.

http://herbsofthegods.nl/
You can definitely have a lot of fun experimenting with some of the vaporizables sold here.

Rab,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom