Patron Nyx dispenser for concentrates

killick

But I like it!
Patron has been around for awhile, making some pretty spiffy looking dispensers for oils. I've recently tripped over their new tip system for dabbing.

I keep meaning to try these things out, but haven't. There isn't much on FC about them, either, (I searched, I promise! Scouts honour!). Now, with this new piece, I kinda wanna give them a shot, but would like any first-hand experience anyone might have. Thanks folks :)

Patron® NYX Titanium Nozzle
Ultimate Dabber kit. No more sticky mess with your Dabs.
Dab directly on the nail with 0,01 ml accuracy.
No more sticky scoopers, no more displaced jars.

With NXY Titanium tip you can now apply your Dab directly to the nail with all precision. Have your concentrate stored in the Patron cartridge and use it with APOLLO or EOS dispenser for always handy on-the-go dabbing.

http://www.patrondispenser.com/shop/apollo/i_128_dabbing-titanium-tip

Green Kiwi

That's ultimate COOL !
i'm not in dabbing myself but many of my friends are.
This would make a cool birthdaypressie for them.
So i will purchase in the near future.:wave:thanks for the link.

Green Kiwi,
Reactions: killick

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Eh? What about all the left over concentrate that has been left in the tip of the unit?

herbivore21

@Winegums Here's a vid -
Hmmm I don't think this is going to work with all of the consistencies that we use. I would also wanna know what all that plastic is. Seems like there's a lot of potential for wastage here as I'm sure oil would end up stuck on the applicator and inside surfaces of the container.

I doubt this would work with shatter or stuff with very thick consistencies. Definitely doesn't look like any use for full melt either and the waste risk would send me far in the other direction for my full melt purposes lol

herbivore21,

killick

But I like it!
@herbivore21 The website has a lot of info. I'm guessing they started off with 2ml metered plastic dosing widgets, and then started adding products, like a large heated tank used for filling the wee dial-dosing thingies. And a whole whack of stuff that really clutters up the website.

The specific Nyx tip doesn't have a vid, but appears to be all metal, hence useable for high heat applications. The plastic ones look handy for controlling FECO dosing quite accurately tho.

herbivore21

@herbivore21 The website has a lot of info. I'm guessing they started off with 2ml metered plastic dosing widgets, and then started adding products, like a large heated tank used for filling the wee dial-dosing thingies. And a whole whack of stuff that really clutters up the website.

The specific Nyx tip doesn't have a vid, but appears to be all metal, hence useable for high heat applications. The plastic ones look handy for controlling FECO dosing quite accurately tho.
Oh I see! I was wondering where the titanium was in the video lol

Heat to load the vials is quite likely to be a deal breaker for me too! Unless it was a very low heat. I could imagine someone engineering something that could get the job done though so I will find out more ;)

Edit: Looking at the Athena loading tool, it seems that they use a basic lab hotplate to heat the oil and then simply pour it in the top of the filling tool.

This is definitely looking like something for use with lower quality oils, runny consistencies or distillates (which can of course be very high quality depending on what they were made from and how they were made!). It doesn't look like something anyone is going to want to use with higher quality resins (we don't want to heat them and risk losing flavor) or those that are too thick/viscous.

Last edited:
herbivore21,
Reactions: killick

killick

But I like it!
Exactly - but I'm only looking at the Nyx dabbing widget, cause that looks like something handy. The accurate dosing tools look great for those on a full spectrum RSO-style protocol. IIRC the first time I saw the tool was on a cancer website, suggesting this those as opposed to the 'grain of rice' measure and associated oopsies that can happen when working with thick substances.

killick,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Hmmm I don't think this is going to work with all of the consistencies that we use. I would also wanna know what all that plastic is. Seems like there's a lot of potential for wastage here as I'm sure oil would end up stuck on the applicator and inside surfaces of the container.

I doubt this would work with shatter or stuff with very thick consistencies. Definitely doesn't look like any use for full melt either and the waste risk would send me far in the other direction for my full melt purposes lol
I liked the concept of this but totally agree. They do say on their website that it is made of safe, food grade, solvent resistant materials so perhaps the plastic is safe but I would like to know. They do pride themselves on being a Patron of safe extracts consumption so perhaps they do have a good "safe plastic"...which sounds like an oxymoron IMHO.

As for the consistencies they do provide a heater for the plastic cartridges. I believe it takes 5 minutes to heat a cartridge though so that pretty much kills it for me and most others. Plus I would also worry about flavor degrading due to the heat as @herbivore21 mentioned. Who wants to wait five minutes for the perfect sized dab?

As for the waste, I just can't see getting around it even with the heater. There is always going to be some residual oil/wax left on the plastic that you won't be able to get out with a dab tool or anything else.

Even though it is not for me, this product caught my attention because I have been trying to figure out how I want to carry my daily use of medicine. My biggest problem is keeping the material stable when temps change a lot throughout the day. The temperatures around here can change quite a bit in the winter season, however it is usually colder than 50 so if I leave my medicine in the trunk it gets nice and shattery. If I leave it in the car sunlight might heat the car just enough to make it more like sap. In the warmer monthes I would find myself putting my wax in front of the AC vent in the car to make it more stable/shattery. Yesterday I think I came up with the perfect tool. I was thinking of a pocket cooler and then the idea came to me- an insulin chill pack! I like the idea of this over the Patron dispenser.

Last edited:
nosmoking,

Steven

Late on thread but does anyone actually own this. I saw this like a year or 2 ago and had the same concerns everyone else has noted. I only pick up stable shatter so there's the problem with this. However, flash forward a few years with dealing with carrying wax around, i saw new hope in this thing.

My biggest problem is keeping the material stable when temps change a lot throughout the day.

I found this to be true as long with your car storage issues. I keep my stuff in the car in the middle console in a silicon container as if now. However, I bit the bullet and pulled the trigger. The patron dispenser will be here in a few days. I figure my wax usually gets a bit gooey if the sun is out at all, and it's mostly sunny in beautiful California. The patron dispenser may not be the best at home because I would need to warm it up, but for on the go, I'm expecting this this to work just as I want it to. I'm practically sure because I am currently loading 0.5 grams of shatter in a 1cc glass syringe to use on the go and I've reloaded it plenty of times. My shatter is either shatter or at the minimum pull and snap at room temperature and it works beautifully on the go in syringes. Tbh, I could live with just using the syringe because it works good enough, but the patron dispenser will be even easier to use because it has a larger opening and a screw piston. Also, carrying a syringe around is a bit sketchy. I'm gonna be pretty damn happy in a few days

Steven,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom