parchament for Rosin - is this OK?

VAPEHUNTER

I'm not familiar with this brand. However I do believe as long as you use "quilon-free parchment paper" you should be okay.
Have fun pressing:tup:

VAPEHUNTER,
Reactions: 1DMF

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
it doesn't say it's quinolone free? how would I know?

I assume as it isn't grease proof it doesn't have any wax, which is my biggest fear!

Have you ever accidently stuck your fag / joint in the wax of a candle while trying to light it!

There is only one solution to that - throw it in the bin!

1DMF,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
That's foil backed, and while I know the smack heads are jumping for joy while chasing "puff the magic dragon".

Smoking aluminium gives you brain damage, so I've been told.

Really foil backed is good?

1DMF,

VAPEHUNTER

$33 for a roll of cooking paper, I can only assume the sellers are dabbers too, coz at that price they must be high!
Yeah it is kind of pricey and I have personally never used it but from what I understand it is "reusable" to an extent.

VAPEHUNTER,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Well I thought I'd give it a try anyway, on face value it looks like the right paper.

But I got 0 (zero) yield! OK, that's exaggerating, it wasn't zero it was... (.00000000001g)

My gear is too dry? What even the black?

1DMF,

poonman

Well I thought I'd give it a try anyway, on face value it looks like the right paper.

But I got 0 (zero) yield! OK, that's exaggerating, it wasn't zero it was... (.00000000001g)

My gear is too dry? What even the black?

That brand states it's siliconised .
You'll want the cheaper / generic type of parchment
paper . It'll feel less waxy , more like regular paper .
You ' might ' have melted the rosin into the silicone . idk

What type of gear are you using ?
What temp ?
How long are you pressing for ?
what size bud ?

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
It'll feel less waxy , more like regular paper .
yeah it feels waxy, even though it aint meant to be. -> It's now in the kitchen cupboard for cakes!

At least the fall out (flattened bud!), was nice and dry to vape in my solo. -> now I'm hammered!

As always FC rocks, no.1 place for knowledge!

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Yeah, I'm following the thread now, but it's the age old problem of 1,000's of post and I'm the noobie!

I aint got the paper right yet, let alone the pressure, heat, puck size, humidity and who know what else, and that's before a whisper of a vapour even passes my lips!

1DMF,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Well I spent the bank holiday hunting cookery shops, supermarkets, and the usual odds and sods retailers, Wilko's / Robert Dias, pound shops... none of them did unbleached, non-siliconised parchment.

I even tried a few stationers hoping to buy some sheets of parchment, but no joy.

So I bit the bullet and bought the Oil Slick -Slick Wrap from vapefiend plus a few extra dabbing accessories :tup:

I just got a new batch of flower yesterday, some Lemon Skunk and some Cheese, so nice and sticky and ready for Rosin... I sure hope this dabbing malarkey is worth the trouble and expense :hmm:

1DMF,

Pyr0

Stoned Roses

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
That bakewell parchment is siliconised, it's not meant to be is it when pressing Rosin?

1DMF,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
@Pyr0 odd because I didn't get any yield and it was proposed that it was because it was siliconised trapping the oils?

1DMF,

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Not sure what to tell you mate.. all i know is that paper definitely works for me.

I pre squash my bud or trim into a little firm puck before putting it between 2 pieces of parchment (90-100mm squares folded in half) and squashing. Listen for a slight sizzle, count a few seconds then release.

For squashing hash I like to wrap it in either a coffee filter or fine steel mesh first and apply pressure fairly slowly to begin with to prevent tearing the wrap or the parchment.

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
There is definitely a technique to pressing Rosin. Some are better at it than others.

I find the hardest bit is removing it from the parchment after it's been squished.

I struggle with it and have stopped trying because I was not umpressed with the results.

Some times I would see nothing on the parchment but yet my mate could retrieve a couple of dabs from it.

I'm sticking to imported BHO for now until I get my hands on a larger purpose built press.

Good luck and I highly recommend reading the whole rosin thread.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Well I might get myself a 10 ton press for a present, but I want to be sure dabbing rosin is right for me.

I'm now £80.00 into this what with the accessories, parchment and dabstorm vape, I really hope I get some Rosin tonight and have my fist ever dab :)

1DMF,

Izan

[
QUOTE="Izan, post: 872014, member: 13578"]Hey folks,
Does anyone have any information on this mat from ikea?
monstrad-oven-baking-mat-pink__0192366_PE347043_S4.JPG

It looks to be of the same construction as the other "SAFE" silicon baking ware they sell.

I plan to cut one up and press with it (in place of parchment) and use another as a non-stick work surface.

Thanks
I[/QUOTE]

Little more info:
The "pink swirls" side should NOT be used : The coating is not durable and WILL contaminate the raw materials and the finished product.
The solid "Purple" side has not shown any degradation nor evidence of damage or colour transfer.
The mat conducts heat VERY well , shatter and goo release easily with a dabber tool and clean up with ISO and a vapertowel is a breeze.
TLDR: Only use the solid purple side.
FYI

Izan,
Top Bottom