• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Pain Relief ABV Massage Oil

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Strong essential oils, like doTerra Deep Blue, mask a whole lot of the "green" smell.

Smells can trigger sense memories, and it is possible for someone to feel a little "heady" if they are sensitive to smell. Doesn't mean they are heady, but they are having a strong memory that feels the same. * my strong opinion*

Thanks for the advice, I think that we will give it a try!

Has anyone experimented with adding anything menthol or minty to their lotions, either to mask the smell or add that cooling sensation?

Maryjane Clurricane,

thesoloman

Thanks for the advice, I think that we will give it a try!

Has anyone experimented with adding anything menthol or minty to their lotions, either to mask the smell or add that cooling sensation?
Yes, I add a few drops of tea tree oil to mask smell and I like the medicinal property's of tea tree oil.
Whille tea tree isn't mint, it is similar.

I find that a lot of people prefer the uncented rub.

FUnhouse

Hey all
So I am thinking about making some of this I have about an OZ of ABV with some shake mixed in (not much ) and am wondering about what ratio of coconut oil to ABV people are using to make this oil strong?
Also I don't own a Crock pot /Slow cooker yet so any suggestions would be helpful
Thank in advance

FUnhouse,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Hey all
So I am thinking about making some of this I have about an OZ of ABV with some shake mixed in (not much ) and am wondering about what ratio of coconut oil to ABV people are using to make this oil strong?
Also I don't own a Crock pot /Slow cooker yet so any suggestions would be helpful
Thank in advance
Did you think about reading the first post in this thread?

Put your jar of oil & ABV on a trivet in a deep pot of water. Bring to a boil. Turn off, let set. Do this several times a day for a couple of days.

Use enough oil to completely cover/saturate the ABV, Plus an inch or so more.

FUnhouse

Did you think about reading the first post in this thread?

Put your jar of oil & ABV on a trivet in a deep pot of water. Bring to a boil. Turn off, let set. Do this several times a day for a couple of days.

Use enough oil to completely cover/saturate the ABV, Plus an inch or so more.

I did read the thread And I knew "Use enough oil to completely cover/saturate the ABV," I have just wondering if there was more specifics IE 16 oz of coconut oil to 1oz of AVB .
But this is ok too!

And I did not want to do it one the stove and some people are using a Slow cooker ( like you i think ?)
And I have never owned one and I thought someone could maybe tell me what they are using .

FUnhouse,

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
I'm wondering if anyone has tried making it stronger so as to reduce the amount of oil needed. I make mine into pills but the same would hold true for this massage oil as well.
I'm playing around with using the same oil with a half oz at a time. So a couple of days with some ABV soaking then strain and add new ABV and soak for a couple more. Hoping to reduce the number of pills it takes and I can also make different strengths this way by making pills each time I strain the oil. Provided my experiment even gets stronger, but my guess is it probably will. I'll report back once I know for sure.

alltoreup,
Hey all
Thank in advance

I used 2 cups of coconut oil to almost an oz of pretty dark AVB, and I also added in a couple of tbs of eucalyptus oil from the drug store, and about a tbs of ground chili peppers. It works like magic, although my friend still says he can smell the hemp.

zor

When I made rice krispies treats with coconut oil I followed this recipe: http://www.cookingwithbooks.net/2014/10/coconut-oil-rice-krispies-treats.html and added 1oz ABV to that. Since then I use the ratio of 1oz ABV: 4 oz (aka 0.5 cup) coconut oil as it is the strength I need. Less than that and I find it too weak to notice, for the most part (dependent on various factors when consuming edibles). I made a balm following that ratio and posted about it here but don't have a good evaluation yet...

Johatsu shita

So I guess I'll be the one to get a little risque. I'm sure at least one other person has had the thought...
Have you or someone you know used this creation as a sexual lubricant? I know coconut oil can be used and I remember seeing a THC infused lubricant advertised so I'm assuming it would work wonderfully but wondered if you had any thoughts or things you would like to add.
http://foriapleasure.com/#
tqCnMKf.jpg

^guess I answered my own question when I found this image to show you what I was talking about.:tup: Oh well at least now I've opened up new possibilities to people that may not have thought of this way to use it.:cool:

Enchantre

Oil Painter
So I guess I'll be the one to get a little risque. I'm sure at least one other person has had the thought...
Have you or someone you know used this creation as a sexual lubricant? I know coconut oil can be used and I remember seeing a THC infused lubricant advertised so I'm assuming it would work wonderfully but wondered if you had any thoughts or things you would like to add.
http://foriapleasure.com/#
tqCnMKf.jpg

^guess I answered my own question when I found this image to show you what I was talking about.:tup: Oh well at least now I've opened up new possibilities to people that may not have thought of this way to use it.:cool:
No reason not to. Just be careful if you add essential oils to your pain rub, as some may irritate.

HomeFree

My mom is having surgery in another couple of weeks, I may make her some from my ABV. I briefly considered not telling her it has pot in it because she doesn't like the high, but it's probably not right to give someone pot without them knowing even though it doesn't get you high. My AVB does not smell like cannabis to me, maybe a slight smell. But mostly that smell we all know know and love. ;)

I told her I was gonna make her some and over the phone I could see her face do this: :/

I was thinking about doing the 'holy annointing oil' like this (from skunkpharm):

Holy Anointing Oil Topical:

10 grams BHO Cannabis oil
8 grams Coconut oil
.7 grams Cinnamon Bark oil
.7 grams Cinnamon Leaf oil .
.7 grams Myrrh Gum

1 grams Emu oil

* Optional Arnica Montana and/or Jojoba oil

Obviously I am not gonna make such a large batch, since I am on a severe budget nor do I grow my own. It looks like it makes ~3/4 oz of salve and uses 10 grams of cannabis oil, so I will probably end up using it at about 1/80th strength.

I wonder if non decarbed kief would work as well? maybe 3 grams of kief, 80 grams of coconut oil, and the correct ratio of the other ingredients. I'm not sure that she would use it though. But that would make a good 3-4 oz which should fit into a jelly jar well.

I might just make one with the cannabis and one without, so she can have both if she doesn't like the cannabis one.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
If you don't decarb, the THCA won't convert. Definitely tell her it has cannabis in it, but if you use that recipe, it will be very strongly cinnamon-y. Ask her to try just a little dab of it while you are there. She'll discover that it works for her, if it does, within a few minutes.

HomeFree

I guess it would still have to be decarbed for topical use. I thought that THCa would be anti-inflammatory like THC is.

Thanks Enchantre, appreciate it. I will decarb if I use cheap kief/hash.

My mom is getting reconstructive surgery on her foot, ligaments and bones and won't be able to walk for a month and a half.

I'm thinking about maybe just pot and maybe a litle bit of mint in coconut oil so in case she gets hungry enough for pain relief to try. She is getting some nasty pills but at least they don't have any tylenol as she has kidney issues. She's only 60, I don't know what her hangup is, other than my grandpa used to lecture the kids about pot, course my uncle turned out to be the biggest pothead I have ever known. Better a pothead than a drunk or drug addict IMO.

Actually, you know what - I probably have at least 3 grams of hash and kief in my safe that is a year old (also have some trim that is the same age), should be decarbed by now.

That way it still has terpenes, though because of that it will smell strong and she might associate the smell with being high. :/ I just don't want my mom dependent on one of those combo painkillers, would much rather it be pot, bastly on painkillers without any tylenol and other organ killers in them.

OH, she has some stuff for horses that is a rub, forget what kind of oil it is, but I was also considering putting some in that. Apparently it works really good. Not drugs, it's some kind of (massage?) oil for horses that humans can use.

grokit

well-worn member
OH, she has some stuff for horses that is a rub, forget what kind of oil it is, but I was also considering putting some in that. Apparently it works really good. Not drugs, it's some kind of (massage?) oil for horses that humans can use.
I think you're speaking of dmso, it's a skin penetrant that can carry active ingredients to problem areas and also has its own analgesic and other properties. Please report your results, this sounds interesting :tup:

harmless healing

Thanks for such detailed instructions. Going to try your recipe this weekend. I have only two questions.

1) do you put the lid on your crock pot or keep it off? My jar barely fits :\

2)I am using mine in caps mainly, how much soy lecithin would you typically add per (say oz) of product?

Cheers

Namaste

harmless healing,

wrigleyvillain

A Song of Ice and Vapor
My wife made a batch of this with water cured AVB and strainers incl a coffee filter basket and it came out great and she says it is quite effective (general body pain from fibromyalgia). Does not smell too unpleasantly 'green' and she added some lavender and other nice-smelling herbs as well.

wrigleyvillain

A Song of Ice and Vapor
I'll bet.

So common sense seems to dictate non-AVB (maybe QWET) would be even stronger and more effective?

wrigleyvillain,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hey @Enchantre, not sure if your still about...
Iv been watching this thread since I joined fc near enough..
Because iv been bugging my nieve family members, who are suffering with swollen, painful feet, to give cannabis a try as it can help where other meds fail..
They have suffered on for years now, and pharma has failed than completely. Everything has been tried. And now my nan is at the point where she is wishing herself dead as she just can't take it anymore.
So in desperation, she has caved and accepted the idea of using cannabis to possibly help...

She is still not keen on the idea of ingesting it yet, but will try to rub it on her feet...
Iv been making avb infused coconut oil for ages now, for a man I know with pancreatic cancer..
So im happy with the process for making it..
I'll probably just leave it plain as I do for ingestion.. incase she gets brave...

But iv never experimented with just rubbing it on skin. Im really hoping that after all my preaching, it does something..
I have to say I'm a little sceptical that topical can be effective..

Does anyone else have any success with this method???
Am I hoping for too much...

I know I need to push for them to ingest it for it to be truly effective...

ginolicious

Damn. I think I found a purpose for my ABV. I don't have a crock pot, but do have a huge slow cooker. I just don't like the idea of cooking for longer than 12 hours or over days.

ginolicious,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Damn. I think I found a purpose for my ABV. I don't have a crock pot, but do have a huge slow cooker. I just don't like the idea of cooking for longer than 12 hours or over days.

I do mine in a slow cooker with just 1 jar of oil a time...
And iv never done it for more than 12 hours..
Mine always comes out green and potent...

I just wanna know if it really is effective as a topical.??? I guess I'll know soon....

kellya86,
Top Bottom