Packing and shipping glass

Lip465

woooo
I just sold 3 of my pieces on BM, it was my first time selling and it was a BITCH packing it all cuz I didn't think it through. Ive not seen a guide on how to pack a tube so heres one for packing in case you ever want to sell some of your pieces. First wrap your piece thick in bubble wrap, 1 inch diameter stuff. Wrap it enough so if you drop it, the piece wont be damaged. If you have accessories like a bowl or something, wrap that shit up and tape it to your tube. . Next measure the wrapped piece. Now you have two options, double box it or single box it and reinforce it with cardboard.

For double boxing, find a box that leaves 2 inches of space on all sides around your wrapped piece. Pack it with styrofoam peanuts. The outer box needs at least an inch+ of space around the inner box, you can pack it with bubblewrap, newspaper mixed in with styrofoam peanuts.

For single boxing, find a box that leaves 3 inches of space on all sides around your wrapped piece and pack it with styrofoam peanuts and get some cardboard to reinforce the corners. You can add in newspaper and shit too. Next get some cardboard strips close to the length of each side that can fit into the sides of the box and bend across the top. Put the strips in at the end of the box and bend one cardboard strip a bit above where the strip meets the top of the packing foam and then do the other and secure it. I havent done this method, I've only double boxed. I just saw it on a site and it seems like an okay way to save some money if you have the cardboard to fit in the box. Probably more for smaller pieces.

Also boxes and packaging supplies are fucking EXPENSIVE, you will get fucked in the ass with no lube if you just run to the UPS store to get supplies. Check online for supplies, and use newspaper for packing for cheaper items. Dont be afraid of using tape. Everything packed should be TIGHT, NOTHING SHOULD MOVE INSIDE THE BOX(ES). Get insurance if you're shipping out a sick nasty haha and expect to pay $50 alone for USPS priority or around 20 at most for USPS parcel.

Any posts about more tips, sites for shipping supplies or the like are welcome. :D

Modnote: The duplicate of this post was deleted. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums.

Lip465,
Top Bottom