Organic PeanutButter?

TerrorTurkey

Ive noticed alot of people specify organic peanut butter for abv firecrackers, and other cannabis cooking.
I'm just wondering if theres a real reason, or if thats just what people happen to have.

we dont buy organic so i have crunchy skippy, will this still work fine?

TerrorTurkey,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
it will work, but my understanding is that because the fats are hydrogenated, they somehow don't grab the actives as well. i could be totally wrong though.

herbgirl,

forlorn1

As I understand it, all natural peanut butter has more oil in it so it allows the THC to bind better. If you use skippy, you might get a little high, but it's equally likely that you might not.

forlorn1,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
ORGANIC ORGANIC ORGANIC. haha well what both of you said is about right. The processed peanut butter does not have the necessary fat solubility that the organic does. When you see a jar of organic peanut butter that has been sitting for a while, the liquid fat soluble part moves to the top of the jar, giving it an odd appearance. Just mix it and its good to go.

HighSti,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
Would an "all natural" peanut butter that specifies "No hydrogenated oil" on the label with 16g of fat (3.5 saturated fat) be fine even though it is not organic? I want my edibles to be as efficient as possible and will go get certified organic peanut butter if I must but i have a jar of this stuff already. The all natural peanut butter's ingredients are roasted peanuts, palm oil, sugar, and salt so i think im in the clear.

Vaporgin.,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
'Organic' is simply dogmatic Neo-Luddism for food.

Nothing special.

It will have zero effect on canna peanut butter.

Natural is fine.

:2c:

WatTyler,
Top Bottom